Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 17, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 6
AAMI Park
24 Jun 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough with Tom now gone once again I think we should be sticking with Weekes and giving him the keys for the rest of the year. He might gain a bit of confidence knowing the spot is his for an extended period, and with some time could build some combinations with the halves and outside backs

We are done for this season anyway so no point taking the safe option of Garrick at fullback again, may as well see what we have here especially since we probably need a new long term fullback at this point

Strangely enough with Tom now gone once again I think we should be sticking with Weekes and giving him the keys for the rest of the year. He might gain a bit of confidence knowing the spot is his for an extended period, and with some time could build some combinations with the halves and outside backs

We are done for this season anyway so no point taking the safe option of Garrick at fullback again, may as well see what we have here especially since we probably need a new long term fullback at this point
Tough one as I really want to avoid the spoon. If Weekes keeps going the way he has so far we could be well in contention, if not there already. Hope he improves though as I think the coaching staff will throw him the keys from here. I can only assume he’s working overtime with Snake to help him.

Anyone picking manly .?

considering what we did to storm last game, we will be whipped id imagine

Surely Garrick is the better option. We were on the verge of a finals campaign last year with Garrick at fullback. What happened in those last 6-7 weeks was outside his control.

The team is still in with a theoretical chance at the finals, the team comes first, not Weekes’s immediate playing future.

Let’s sit DCE out and give him a rest , who really cares now if the end score is 34-4 or 54-4 , I think the season is done & dusted and we’ll end up about the same as last year 12th-15th.

A respectful loss will seem like a win tbh.Bellyache has penciled this one in on his footy calendar as big get square game for them. I'm dreading this game.

A respectful loss will seem like a win tbh.Bellyache has penciled this one in on his footy calendar as big get square game for them. I'm dreading this game.
It’ll be ugly , best to do what I’m going to do , record it , then choose to delete or watch.

The only thing that’s “ slightly “ possible is they got a shellacking last week so with this team they might actually choose this game to be “ on”, if so it might end up close.

But I very much doubt it.

It’ll be ugly , best to do what I’m going to do , record it , then choose to delete or watch.

The only thing that’s “ slightly “ possible is they got a shellacking last week so with this team they might actually choose this game to be “ on”, if so it might end up close.

But I very much doubt it.
ha ha..going on this method Mark and the way the remainder of the seasons shaping up don't think I'll be watching to many Manly games then. I record every game but never rewatch losses.

ha ha..going on this method Mark and the way the remainder of the seasons shaping up don't think I'll be watching to many Manly games then. I record every game but never rewatch losses.
I don’t mind a loss , as long as they are having a crack.

To get beaten by a top side 28-18 can still be enjoyable to watch.

When they are just lazy pricks and we get 34-4 , who gives a **** !!

If they don’t give a **** why should I😢😢

I don’t mind a loss , as long as they are having a crack.

To get beaten by a top side 28-18 can still be enjoyable to watch.

When they are just lazy pricks and we get 34-4 , who gives a **** !!

If they don’t give a **** why should I😢😢
Onto the Storm game, probably not a good idea to have Weeks playing FB this game, to me it's all about regaining confidence again, should go Garrick in this one. This one is probably a bridge to far for the kid, the Roosters game at home will be far more friendlier.

Garrick to fullback for the rest of the year. Harper or Parker at center. It's the only solution. I'd still go Weekes at 14 to bring in some X factor off the bench. Our bench is pitiful.

Not sure if it can happen but Tom injured in a rep game we can replace him in Top 30?

If so Jake Toby from Blacktown would be my pick - plays hard and strong from fullback, gets involved and try’s his guts out.
Won't he be busy filming Avatar 3?

My point remains

Woods was a gift , cost is zero , fills a gap at best.

John’s is a reserve grader , they obviously thought he might fill in for a few games but clearly not, which is why they bought Arthur’s.

Both won’t be at Manly in 2024, although I think young Jake might be there for 24.

These players weren’t the “ marquee signings “ of 2022, one was a transfer gift , the other a back up half added not far out from the season.

I don’t think that sends any sort of “ message “ to the other players at all.
The there is no such thing as a free lunch gift perspective

Woods was no gift
Woods is not playing for nothing
Woods did cost us a place in our cap
The Johns choice was another ineffective cap space
and both cap spaces could have been filled by more affective players to our squad

Yes I think Melbourne have been waiting with the baseball bats for this one.
Ray Donovan Baseball Bat GIF by Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14