Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 17, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 6
AAMI Park
24 Jun 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Storm v Manly [Round 17, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 24th June 2023

Venue:
.... AAMI Park, Melbourne, VIC

Gates Open:.... 6:30pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Melbourne Storm v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 7:35pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Kaeo Weekes
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ethan Bullemor
13. Sean Keppie

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Condon

Replacement:

18. Samuela Fainu.

Reserves:

19. Jake Arthur
20. Morgan Harper
21. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
22. Tom Trbojevic.

Out:

Available But Not Selected:
  • Dean Matterson
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
  • Cooper Johns
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Zac Fulton
  • Dean Matterson
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Wednesday, 21 Jun 2023) * * *

Blues outside back Tom Trbojevic has been ruled out for the remainder of Origin Game Two after suffering a torn pectoral injury inside the opening minutes of Wednesday night's game.

Trbojevic was helped from the field in the fourth minute with his arm being held by the doctor after he fell awkwardly making an attempted cover tackle on Maroons winger Murray Taulagi.

Positive news out of Manly with back-rower Kelma Tuilagi set to return via NSW Cup after overcoming the facial fracture he suffered in Round 11 while Jake Trbojevic (calf) likely to return to team training next week.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Tom Trbojevic (Pectoral, TBC)
  • Kelma Tuilagi (Facial Fracture, Round 17)
  • Brad Parker (Elbow, Round 18)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 19)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Indefinite)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are no variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Kelma Tuilagi (Facial Injury, Round 17)
  • Brad Parker (Elbow, Round 18)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 19)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Indefinite)
  • Ben Trbojevic ((Pectoral, Indefinite)

It's time to start preparing for next season by blooding some young guns. The problem is we don't really have any ready. However, next week is maybe a good time to promote GCKT to the bench with Woods dropping out. Also, Vaega should replace Tuipulotu. If Turbo is not available, Koula or Garrick will likely go to the back with Harper being recalled. Is there anyone else from today's victorious BWSE team worthy of being selected? (I think it is too early for Latu)

1 Jake Toby
5 Jackson Ferris
3 Clayton Faulalo
21 Morgan Harper
20 Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
6 Cooper Johns
7 Latu Fainu
10 Austin Dias
9 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
22 Ben Condon
11 Zac Fulton
12 Josh Stuckey
13 Dean Matterson
-----------------------
8 Jacob Sykes
15 Brad Abbey
17 James Uesele
23 Denzal Tonise

Will they be named in the NRL 17 on Tuesday?

Bros.jpg

The big question is too Turbo or to not Turbo?

Personally I think we cant risk him him, hamstrings are just the type of thing that can play up in these sorts of situations, look at Cleary.

No doubt he'll push to back up but its too risky IMO.

Can't risk Tom. But can't play Kaeo. Just hasn't taken his chances. I'd play Koula there or Garrick. Toby getting a crack wouldn't be bad.

Don't think Aloiai should be in the 17. Needs a cup run. Lawton too. He's offered nothing I'm afraid. Tippy can join them. Not sure who plays centre.....

Gordy has to be in the 17 now. We need proper service from dummy half.

Can't risk Tom. But can't play Kaeo. Just hasn't taken his chances. I'd play Koula there or Garrick. Toby getting a crack wouldn't be bad.

Don't think Aloiai should be in the 17. Needs a cup run. Lawton too. He's offered nothing I'm afraid. Tippy can join them. Not sure who plays centre.....

Gordy has to be in the 17 now. We need proper service from dummy half.
I agree on Vegas for Tui and Gordy for Lawton. Aloiai still offers something in the hit-up department tho. Maybe swap Aloiai for Jakey on his return.

The big question is too Turbo or to not Turbo?

Personally I think we cant risk him him, hamstrings are just the type of thing that can play up in these sorts of situations, look at Cleary.

No doubt he'll push to back up but its too risky IMO.
When des was around he had a 5 day rule he made mention of or someone did. Giving 5 day break between games or no play for hammy health

seibs went different last round from memory

id rest him too

Melb are at full strength now barring Pappy of course, think his seasons gone tbh. They have White, Munster and Coates backing up and have Weltch and Olam coming in to. Miracle if we win this, would meed Tom and DCE to put in an extraordinary performance to get us over the line in this one at AAMI Park.

The win against Melbourne earlier this season was a very nice surprise. I’m hoping our guys this season can copy Geoff Toovey’s men from 2015 when they recorded 2 very good wins against the Storm. I’m pretty sure the Storm were also favourites in both of those matches back in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10