Stewart looking for Catalans deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Which is exactly what I would expect to happen.
Butterflys and fairybread doesnt win comps.

To do this "respectfully", the club needs to arrange a 'seniors farewell day' AND they , club officials, should help however they can in negotiations /securing a deal for the Prince with Catalans. This would also help with the club's image in relation to player loyalty for the future. If the club demonstrates a completely ruthless attitude, so will the players, ~ back to the club. We want loyalty from the Turbos DCE, etc. The treatment of Ballin, Gutherson, Hiku, Gifty, was a disgrace.

Snake has been one of my all time favorite players. He has thrown some of the best passes I have ever seen and just been an absolute champion except when he has been struck down with injury and out side issues.

I agree he needs a send off worth of his contribution to the Club over a long period.

That said I hope he does go and makes a bit of coin on the way. Although he could just stay here and do that, playing or not.

According to the boys on Talkin Sport, an announcement will be made this week with Stewart advising he has signed a 2 year contract with Catalans starting in 2017 to play with his brother Glen.

I really hope he is fit and TB allows Brett to play round 25 against the Raiders so we can farewell him and Killer.

Snake - Manly legend.

More likely that the shock of his lack of form is more of a surprise to Snake than any of us.:eek:

Once you're 30, the sinews don't align as well anymore :giggle:

Don't know if Catalans can fit another International onto their roster @:cool:

Best outcome for everyone. He can play with Glenn again (and will probably actually put in because of that), we get the cap money he would have taken up, and we can field a stronger side.

It's a crap way for a club legend to leave but his heart isn't in it without all his old mates in the side. We probably would be much closer to, or even in, the 8 if he had missed a few more matches this year.

Totally agree club legend that deserves send off against raiders but in professional game we need to look to the future and it hurts me to say as ive always been a massive snake fan but the future is with turbo.

We probably would be much closer to, or even in, the 8 if he had missed a few more matches this year.

Interesting you say that. Statistically, 2016 has seen the worst W/L ratio of Snake's career.

Manly have won 62.66% of the time when Snake plays. Before this year our worst year with him in the side was 2004 when we had a 8-9 record (47.06%) with Brett playing in the #1 jumper. In 2016 we are 4-7 (36.36%) with him in the side. Other than 2004 the only time we have not won at least 50% of the games he played was last year and usually its up around 70-80%.

If Manly are still a chance for finals & Turbo is killing it at FB come round 25, no way would I want Stewart thrown in to decide the fate of 2016.
He has been my favourite player the past decade & imo , the best.... But from what he has to offer could easily be exposed & have a shocker by quality opposition & that is not a grand farewell...
Call it Snake day...masks, face painting, rides & an official lap of honour... But to play is something that needs plenty of thought.

Last edited:
Assuming he has sufficiently recovered from knee clean out surgery by then (a big IF), he could go on for the final 20 mins, when the big Raiders forward are tiring.

Brett playing against the Raiders will be zero risk as we will be out of contention for the semis.
Anyone thinking we will be in some 7 match winning streak is dreaming. Bit we live in hope.

Father time has caught up with Snake. Tommy Turbo must be our permanent full back now.

Snake is our best full back since wombat terrified defence's in the 70s and 80s.

Our last home game is going to be very emotional for all of us.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8