Stewart looking for Catalans deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Assuming he has sufficiently recovered from knee clean out surgery by then (a big IF), he could go on for the final 20 mins, when the big Raiders forward are tiring.

As far as I am concerned, if Brett wanted the fanfare and send off he feels he may be entitled to, he should have shown at least an ounce of pride in wearing the jersey this season and also shown his team mates the respect of playing for them.

So let's just say they are still in the hunt for a finals berth when the Canberra game comes around,do they put BStewart in just for sentimentality?Better players than him haven't got a send off.If he's fit,wants to play and is worthy of a spot in the side,fair enough.But a lap of honour at the end of the final home game is suffice.

As far as I am concerned, if Brett wanted the fanfare and send off he feels he may be entitled to, he should have shown at least an ounce of pride in wearing the jersey this season and also shown his team mates the respect of playing for them.
This has got nothing to do with what Brett might want, and everything to do with what his legions of fans would want and what is right, for MWSE as a club.

This has got nothing to do with what Brett might want, and everything to do with what his legions of fans would want and what is right, for MWSE as a club.
Gifty never bothered to turn up for his farewell, even though he had 5 months notice. :cool:

The Team has to come first, then everybody is happy :)

Changing of the Guard at Fortress Brookie has been completed :nod:

There's so much been written about the move to Le Catalans BUT considering Brett is probably not going to play again this year (highly unlikely given his age and rate of recovery from a major knee operation) why doesn't he, or they (Le Catalans) come out and advise that he's off to Europe in 2017.

I'm actually thinking its not happening, or if it is its stuck in negotiations between MWSE and Le Catalans as to how much MWSE are going to pay.

Because if its a "done deal" there's no reason not to announce it and then the club, and we, can prepare for a fitting farewell after game 25.

Gifty never bothered to turn up for his farewell, even though he had 5 months notice. :cool:

Foran went one better. Stood in middle of Brookie and gave a quick wave to the crowd before heading into sheds after being pumped by the Roosters. Couldn't even muster a wander down to fence. #irrelevant

There's so much been written about the move to Le Catalans BUT considering Brett is probably not going to play again this year (highly unlikely given his age and rate of recovery from a major knee operation) why doesn't he, or they (Le Catalans) come out and advise that he's off to Europe in 2017.

I'm actually thinking its not happening, or if it is its stuck in negotiations between MWSE and Le Catalans as to how much MWSE are going to pay.

Because if its a "done deal" there's no reason not to announce it and then the club, and we, can prepare for a fitting farewell after game 25.
Does the 10 day cooling off period apply to NRL to ESL signings?

This is the first time in his career that Brett has had a run of poor form and rather people give him the benefit of the doubt that he played injured while most of our backs were out, everyone is putting the boot in that he suddenly can't play anymore!

While there was certainly no energy to his play, it may have been that he was made to play injured knowing full well he couldn't run.

The knee operation which was scheduled once the players came back (like DCE & Lyon) shows to me that he toughed it out.

I hope he can come back this year for the few final games and get the fitting send off that he deserves. By then, his knee & hammies may be right to go & we may see some old vintage snake.

Heal well Brett & hope to see you running around Brookie in round 25.

This is the first time in his career that Brett has had a run of poor form and rather people give him the benefit of the doubt that he played injured while most of our backs were out, everyone is putting the boot in that he suddenly can't play anymore!

While there was certainly no energy to his play, it may have been that he was made to play injured knowing full well he couldn't run.

The knee operation which was scheduled once the players came back (like DCE & Lyon) shows to me that he toughed it out.

I hope he can come back this year for the few final games and get the fitting send off that he deserves. By then, his knee & hammies may be right to go & we may see some old vintage snake.

And completely understandable BUT, come out and tell us ,the coach should have been praising him at the time saying " with the injuries we have he's doing his best", but Nup, nada.

I get the whole " one of the greatest ever" deals and like all I enjoyed ( loved even) his trade, but to perform as he did , and look 100% disinterested just doesn't sit right with me.

That theory sort of flies in the face of the rumour circulating that Barrett had a run in with powers that be to leave Stewart out of the team against the Dragons when he wamted to play.

Truth is, too many on here base their theories based on SQUAT
Anybody who has anything to do with Snake knows he can be a terrific young man, but he can also sulk with the best of them.
He has been playing crap for 2 years. How many chances do you want him to have when he eats up a massive chunk of our cap. Glorify him at his best, but those days are over. Turbo time!
Hopefully Snake gets the send off he deserves, but it doesn't bode well.

Really, Glenn certainly didn't sook about ANYTHING and I have yet to actually hear anything from Brett that suggests that either.
Everything that we've heard has been from the media and the rumour train. Whereas with some of the others (Watmouth) you hear it from him before the media tell us about it, I've yet to hear anything from Snake or his manager and never heard anything likewise from Glenn.

Truth is, too many on here base their theories based on SQUAT
Anybody who has anything to do with Snake knows he can be a terrific young man, but he can also sulk with the best of them.
He has been playing crap for 2 years. How many chances do you want him to have when he eats up a massive chunk of our cap. Glorify him at his best, but those days are over. Turbo time!
Hopefully Snake gets the send off he deserves, but it doesn't bode well.

I thought he was pretty good last year

what we must consider is that T1 diabetes systemically destroys many other parts of the body with time. Recovery is slow with age generally and much worse with diabetes. politics aside and as much as we all love what he did for the fans , ITS TIME TO GIVE IT UP SNAKE for your greater good, the body doesn't not need any more major challenges at your age.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8