Steve Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done Skivvy , well within your rights to clock the coward . Great work from Killer and Donnie to keep him calm also .

Garts said:
the mauler said:
I hope Allgood isn't suspended too long so Matai can square up in a few weeks at Parra Stadium.
Part of me agrees but then part of me thinks that is a bad idea as Matai will lose his sh!t and end up on the sidelines for a long stint. We do not need that.

If it was a couple of years ago, Stevie would've retaliated for sure but has definitely matured and full marks for keeping his cool - with a bit of help.

Hope Allgood's suspended for at least 4 weeks so Stevie can't square up at Parra Stadium. Can do without losing him for umpteen weeks!

What's all this talk of Matai keeping his cool? He wanted to throw some back but didn't get the chance. He then had to be restrained from chasing down Allgood or anyone else in a blue and gold jumper. Haha. But yeah, he was restrained, lol.

sticky said in the press conference that allgood thought that matai was going to hit him, so he threw the first punch.

I hope that isnt used as a defence.

Steve had every opportunity to throw a punch but chose to try and grab the peasant Allgood and pull him closer so he couldn't land anymore blows. Very level headed thing to do by Matai. Wish he got some credit for it from the commentators.

Allgood was throwing punches at everyone and anyone in that fracas. He will be sat down for at least 3 weeks me thinks.

Garts said:
What's all this talk of Matai keeping his cool? He wanted to throw some back but didn't get the chance.

Matai being Matai let's face it - if he really wanted to, he would've thrown some back despite being restrained! But he thought better of it and kept his cool. Onya Stevie!

Killer03 said:
WTF is wrong with the refs? Even the fox commentators were appalled at how long they took to make the decision, which allowed the situation to continue to bubble, and then only give him 10??

He belts Buhrer and then whacks Matai??? Off...gone....
how about the pocket ref - allgood threw the 'dog shot' into buhrer(or ballin by the radio) right in front of him & he does s.f.a. until matai strolls across

HappilyManly said:
Special mention to Donny Singe - took all his skill to keep Matai from taking on the whole of the Parra side :angel:

Matai's self control was truly commendable :angel:

Should not go unnoticed. People are praising Matai's self control but he still had the crazy eyes going and without someone there to stop him I still think it could have gotten out of control.

When Matai was prowling around on his way to the sideline I was imagining another Blair/Gift fracas. I couldn't believe how long that went on, and I was fearful of what might happen. the ref should have cut it short by just sending that idiot Eel off straight away. Luckily Matai controlled himself somehow, though I wasn't confident he was going to.

So many great Manly players, yet Matai remains just about my favourite.

Eagles2nv said:
sticky said in the press conference that allgood thought that matai was going to hit him, so he threw the first punch.

I hope that isnt used as a defence.

On that basis Matai will be cited and given 6 weeks. "He looked angryly at me." #manlyfactor

Won't someone protect our kiddies?

I was quite surprised that Matai didn't get sent as well. I think they looked long and hard to make sure he didn't throw a punch. That in my opinion was why the refs took so long to rule. They were trying to find some way of sending Matai off.

Anyway time will tell if Matai gets cited for bringing his head into contact with a fist and for having the audacity to bring the game into disrepute by bleeding from his mouth on camera.

Well done though Steve, a good job.

Stevie has really grown up, lets hope he stays this way.

I give Allgood some credit, not for throwing punches.. But he was the only Parra player who seemed pissed at the way the game was going. At full time they were hugging the Manly players and smiling. What a bunch of losers.

Their losing culture pretty much lasted the the whole of Hindmarsh's career and is now continuing on.

Good luck Ricky you dickhead, the Eels is where you belong. I hope you get the Spoon every year.

knowing the NRL steve will probably be sent to the judiciary for his middle finger salute to allgood on his way off. They'll find some hidden rule of middle finger striking or something.

Matai, incensed at Allgood for belting JB, in that tackle was headed straight for Allgood. He would have thrown some. Allbad got in first.

Surprised, Stevie did not or did not get a chance to retalliate. Think he was a bit shocked that Allgood was compounding his own situation with more. Sort of like G Stewart / Blair at Donnybrookvale.

We have Allgood to thank for our last 6 rounds. Without Stevie at centre, what chance are we?

We get to keep Stevie (at this stage). If Stevie had got in first, and then Allgood had retalliated, more Parra players would have involved themselves with punches, and an all-in-brawl, with many players cited could have been the result.

Matai held himself in check, just, being restrained by the trainer. "Its a miracle".

I must be the only one that thought the only reason Matai didn't punch him was because he couldn't. He looked like he was retaliating but circumstances just wouldn't allow him to get a punch in. I believe that's why he was going off afterward. He really wanted to belt the crap out of him.

Allgood is lucky that it wasn't the Wolfman of Kings Cross coming after him :p

Loved seeing the fire in Matai's eyes, as he walked back from setting up Jorge's third try from the Allgood Penalty :heart:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/mcguire-and-allgood-fight/

Seems like Algood has done a similar thing already this year.
12 May, 2013

Mitch Allgood's late hit on Peter Wallace had him going to the sinbin for a 10 minute spell, but before Allgood could accept his penalty he was confronted by Josh McGuire who arrived on the scene to stand up for his teammate.

McGuire and Allgood exchanged blows in an old fashioned dust up as the two behemoths went toe-to-toe.

The referee also sent McGuire to the sinbin for 10 minues.

Allgood facing three week suspension

By Andrew Bryan NRL.com
Tue 09th July, 11:08am

Parramatta forward Mitchell Allgood is facing a three match ban after he was charged by the NRL match review committee with a grade 3 striking charge.

Allgood was cited for an incident involving Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai in the 73rd minute of Parramatta’s 50-10 loss to Manly at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

Allgood will miss two matches if he takes the early guilty plea, but if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses he will miss three games.

The Eels prop was sent to the sinbin following his actions and will now have until 12pm Wednesday to enter a plea.

No other players were charged by the match review committee from Monday night’s

He'll cop the 2 weeks and be back for our re-match. Somebody give Matai some calming pills before that game please.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6