Souths v Manly [Round 23 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Doesn't make any diff regardless of the result. We have a semi in Sydney. Could be a good thing , Souths over confident goin into a semi against us..

rmd said:
I still think we were the better team on the night. We had the ascendency but some how let it go. We were obviously the best team for most of the match but just lapsed in important stages. There's nothing to say we can't win the comp, it's just getting the stupid little stuff out of our game like being pushed off scrims or line drop outs that reach touch. Just lapses in concentration that we'll learn. Ultimately take confidence, we were the the better team

What a crock.

Three weeks out from the finals and we haven't beaten a single top 4 team this season. Tonight we played a souffs team that was as weak as it's going to be and we were well beaten. We are complete pretenders. It pains me to say it, but we will be cannon fodder to the top 3 come finals time.

Lyon was pretty much copping those bull**** penalties on the chin all night, then as soon as GI gives one away for a blatant flop he cries like a baby. protected species, wow I hate him.

Fluffy said:
torana355 said:
I know its due to the crap referring but we still have not beat a top 4 team. I know we could do it with even reffing.

we were easily the better team tonight but you cant win a game with that bias against you.

We can beat them easily in an even refed game like the GF where the refs put their whistles away

I agree 100% but it has to take a toll on the players, its clear this game meant alot to them.

Why is this the same in every top 4 game we've played. We have to stop this penalty momentum against us in these games or we will go out the back door in the finals.

They has all the calls and all the luck tonight. Confident if we play them again and get a fair shake we can knock them off. Reynolds composure won Souths the game.

cava2323 said:
Doesn't make any diff regardless of the result. We have a semi in Sydney. Could be a good thing , Souths over confident goin into a semi against us..

It won't be against souffs, it will be against the chooks.

I was surprised at perenara's lack of feel for the game, his lack of intuition. He got a lot wrong, and he's an ex player. He doesn't seen very sure of his decisions either.

Technical Coach said:
Stop blaming the refs.....

Mate I am filthy - do you deny the Matai try? Do you deny the questionable releasing penalties for the bunnies? C'mon if Peranara calls try it is game over - I would hasten to say there will be mirror images of that try called try this year.

Ralphie said:
rmd said:
I still think we were the better team on the night. We had the ascendency but some how let it go. We were obviously the best team for most of the match but just lapsed in important stages. There's nothing to say we can't win the comp, it's just getting the stupid little stuff out of our game like being pushed off scrims or line drop outs that reach touch. Just lapses in concentration that we'll learn. Ultimately take confidence, we were the the better team

What a crock.

Three weeks out from the finals and we haven't beaten a single top 4 team this season. Tonight we played a souffs team that was as weak as it's going to be and we were well beaten. We are complete pretenders. It pains me to say it, but we will be cannon fodder to the top 3 come finals time.
You are full of sh*t

Ralphie said:
rmd said:

What a crock.

Lol, you bring Dazza with ya soon ?

refs are seriously a joke !!!!

in the first half we didnt appreciate possession as much as we should of...

im pissed off that we lost , but on that performance im not worried..

penalty count helped them the whole game , then that arsey try by inglis..

one arsey kick changed the game

better team lost

lets wait for semis

Shoe1 said:
I was surprised at perenara's lack of feel for the game, his lack of intuition. He got a lot wrong, and he's an ex player. He doesn't seen very sure of his decisions either.

The young Souths centre that tabckled Matai was shaking his head and threw the ball to the ground ffs. He gave it away. Shocking decision

Ralphie said:
cava2323 said:

It won't be against souffs, it will be against the chooks.

Yeah, I meant on the other side of the draw, proper semi final, one week out from the GF. I think we'll get them

the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:
Stop blaming the refs.....

You're delusional if you think the refs didn't influence the result.

In most close games refs influence the result in some capacity, the point being don't allow yourself to be placed in a position too often where refs can have an influence.

We did not put them away pure and simple. The amount of effort in our tackles to slow the play the ball would show in the last 20mins if we get into a grinding game.

I will say I have never been confident when Manly plays Night Footy under a slippery surface----a day game we would have won tonight.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8