Souths v Manly [Round 23 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've said it before but I want to see a real enquiry into sports betting, organised crime and possible compromised officials in this country, rather than an enquiry into supplements.

Tonight was a fair bit on the nose IMO. Henry Peranara and noted Souths fan Shane Hayne should be ashamed of that performance, but they won't be because their boss (and the NRL) will probably give them bonuses for jobs well done. Matai clearly got the ball down - the men in red and green didn't stop him, it was the pigeon-toed pea brains in pink and the keystone cops upstairs who stopped him scoring. As for GI's try, a side on view showed him to be half a metre offside at least before he 'scored'. I don't blame Tooves for blowing up after the game. Haven't seen a meltdown like that in 27 years....some place in Russia I think.....

And is it me or did George Rose cop an elbow in the face from one of the Burgess brothers that saw him go to the blood bin? Just about every time one of those Pommy grubs takes the ball up, they cock their elbows at the last minute, and were getting away with it again tonight.

Well, that was disappointing.

I'd really like to knock one of these top teams off as it'd kill about 90% of these post game posts.

Hopefully 2013 isn't a year of us all talking about how good we really are as the premiership title goes to....*insert other team here*.

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
buhrer stripped very clearly but wabits get the penalty

Kiwi Eagle said:
How about the smash from Inglis into Matais head, no attempt at a tackle

mickqld said:
YOU ARE f**king KIDDING THIS IS f**king BULL****

mickqld said:
Well they've got the f**king result they wanted the ****wits.

ifernolan said:
Can't watch anymore, the refs are disgusting. That's why the ratings are going down.

Brissie Kid said:
Yet another stitch up game from the pinksters against Manly. All the penalties & calls go Souths way all night. Yeah Jamie B wasn't stripped of the ball on the Souths line just before halftime. Matai robbed of a try. What a farce.

Moondog said:
Souths did'nt win. We were ripped off.

Technical Coach said:
Stop blaming the refs.....

mozgrame said:
Souths will be in the grand final this year. The refs will see to it.

the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:
the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:

You're delusional if you think the refs didn't influence the result.

In most close games refs influence the result in some capacity, the point being don't allow yourself to be placed in a position too often where refs can have an influence.

We did not put them away pure and simple. The amount of effort in our tackles to slow the play the ball would show in the last 20mins if we get into a grinding game.

I will say I have never been confident when Manly plays Night Footy under a slippery surface----a day game we would have won tonight.

They were piggy backed out of their own half 5 times in the first half when we were all over them. The refs stitched us up,we didn't have a chance to put the foot on the throat when he had them.

If they were made to work their way out if their own quarter they would've run out of gas in the 2nd half. The refs won them the game. Pure and simple

Jethro said:
Tooves is blowing up big time about the officials in the post match presser

Clint said:
Jethro said:

Good. And so he should.

I was so FURIOUS and BLOWING UP at the Rabbitohs tonight. And I still am!!! I was so fired up I threw my remote control down onto the floor with a thud sounding out.

Not at first, but after the Rabbitohs continued having the penalty count grow in their favour, I was like "OH COME OFF IT".

I noticed that strip of the ball and I was yelling that there was a second attempt at pulling us over the side line. :mad:

I couldn't watch it anymore after the Rabbitohs went in for the last try of the game- five minutes from full time I think it was. Manly were denied tries. They weren't allowed to move to within one point of the Rabbitohs on the ladder. The Rabbitohs must of been really scared of that thought.

I was pleased with the way ours boys played tonight. The surprise boost of Anthony Watmough to our side was exactly that to me- a "SURPRISE". When I saw him run out I thought to myself "Was that who I thought it was?! Was I seeing things? When it was confirmed that it was Watmough, I thought "Oh, good. He's alright."
I'm always concerned when one of our boys are down on the ground and not getting up after a tackle. I continuously say "What happened?, Are you alright, mate? Oh, good. He's alright." That last one is when I see them (the player) up in the line and running and you would never of thought he was down injured for a minute a couple of minutes before.
lol - this post captures the emotional roller-coaster of watching the game!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
buhrer stripped very clearly but wabits get the penalty

Kiwi Eagle said:
How about the smash from Inglis into Matais head, no attempt at a tackle

mickqld said:
YOU ARE f**king KIDDING THIS IS f**king BULL****

mickqld said:
Well they've got the f**king result they wanted the ****wits.

ifernolan said:
Can't watch anymore, the refs are disgusting. That's why the ratings are going down.

Brissie Kid said:
Yet another stitch up game from the pinksters against Manly. All the penalties & calls go Souths way all night. Yeah Jamie B wasn't stripped of the ball on the Souths line just before halftime. Matai robbed of a try. What a farce.

Moondog said:
Souths did'nt win. We were ripped off.

Technical Coach said:

mozgrame said:
Souths will be in the grand final this year. The refs will see to it.

the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:
the mauler said:
You're delusional if you think the refs didn't influence the result.

In most close games refs influence the result in some capacity, the point being don't allow yourself to be placed in a position too often where refs can have an influence.

We did not put them away pure and simple. The amount of effort in our tackles to slow the play the ball would show in the last 20mins if we get into a grinding game.

I will say I have never been confident when Manly plays Night Footy under a slippery surface----a day game we would have won tonight.

They were piggy backed out of their own half 5 times in the first half when we were all over them. The refs stitched us up,we didn't have a chance to put the foot on the throat when he had them.

If they were made to work their way out if their own quarter they would've run out of gas in the 2nd half. The refs won them the game. Pure and simple

Jethro said:

Clint said:
Jethro said:

Good. And so he should.

I was so FURIOUS and BLOWING UP at the Rabbitohs tonight. And I still am!!! I was so fired up I threw my remote control down onto the floor with a thud sounding out.

Not at first, but after the Rabbitohs continued having the penalty count grow in their favour, I was like "OH COME OFF IT".

I noticed that strip of the ball and I was yelling that there was a second attempt at pulling us over the side line. :mad:

I couldn't watch it anymore after the Rabbitohs went in for the last try of the game- five minutes from full time I think it was. Manly were denied tries. They weren't allowed to move to within one point of the Rabbitohs on the ladder. The Rabbitohs must of been really scared of that thought.

I was pleased with the way ours boys played tonight. The surprise boost of Anthony Watmough to our side was exactly that to me- a "SURPRISE". When I saw him run out I thought to myself "Was that who I thought it was?! Was I seeing things? When it was confirmed that it was Watmough, I thought "Oh, good. He's alright."
I'm always concerned when one of our boys are down on the ground and not getting up after a tackle. I continuously say "What happened?, Are you alright, mate? Oh, good. He's alright." That last one is when I see them (the player) up in the line and running and you would never of thought he was down injured for a minute a couple of minutes before.
lol - this post captures the emotional roller-coaster of watching the game!

Is that a good thing :huh:

I'm just a hard-core Manly supporter.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6