Something strange ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Woodsie I do see your point about the injuries and the lack of fans complaining about it. But the difference is that unlike last year when our heads would drop even if we lost a fill in player, this year the team has a totally different attitude. We are showing fight and as a result, wins have come instead of the hammerings of 2018.

Last year if we had lost Turbo and DCE for long periods, added to not having Walker at all and having AFB out for most of it, it would have been just a fight to avoid the wooden spoon losing players of that quality. But 2019 has seem the teams attitude do a complete 180 under Des.

I think the teams totally different attitude has been a lot of the reason that we are seeing less complaints from the fans. The fact that we are still managing to win games has a lot to do with it.

"WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!"

Last edited:
If there wasn't complete drivel on here we'd have 100 empty threads. The whole premise of ST is for us to sprout complete drivel. I'm hoping to get a degree in it.
I did that once. Got a Bachelor of Arts. It has set me up very well to spout drivel on ST.

In fact, the day I (finally) finished it, after five years of abject procrastination spent at the student bar, I figured I would turn around and say goodbye to the place for the last time. But then I slipped in the gutter and fell on my arse. Which is deeply symbolic. Much like my time spent on ST...

Ok you enlighten me ....

Q 1)) Do you believe that all the injuries over the past few years were the Mangey one's fault ? ... yes/no ..(if no move to Q4)

if you answered yes Q 2) Do you then believe that all the injuries this year are Donny's fault ? .. yes/no (if no go to Q 3)

Q 3) Why not ?

Q 4) .. If you answerd no to Q 1 ... you are obviously not a dribbler ... congratulations .....

My comment was just a general one noting that your constant pot stirring / dribbling was similar to an annoying poster on the Tele site.

Yeah .. answers pretty simple, the reason why we have had a spate of injuries is down to the fact that the players bodies are just not in tune with where they are now actually at.

They had few crap years of boozing it up, doing a couple of stretches, a lap or two around the oval and then off to the pub, where they continued their mandatory 'team bonding' sessions. Basically they got SOFT,

A toxic culture that would have killed our club... it almost did.

They now have spent a full off season with professionals who's only interest is being successful, they have flogged their backsides, made them all accountable not just for themselves but for the team. WINNERS
The players are going above and beyond in that effort and at times to the detriment of their bodies which are yet to catch up to whats now in their heads and hearts!

There was always going to be a few injuries when players who have basically been passengers find themselves really wanting to be drivers, we will get over the injuries in time and after a good 12 months under a professional coaching team they will not only have the mind and attitude to want to be champions but their bodies will also be in tune.

GO Manly..

Disclaimer: we also had some BAD LUCK.. ( Barret and the Beareded one should coach netball)

Bring back torpedoes.
You didn't see Ian 'the chook' Heron getting injured...
You mean these:
upload_2019-5-6_19-55-34.jpeg

Weren't they stylish!

To be serious for a minute I'm feeling there will be a real watershed moment coming soon in regards to injury.

The game has never been faster, more intense or physical. These guys are being made into muscle bound robots and the Human body just isn't designed to receive the current level of impact force.

The third man in on the legs technique being used more and more is troubling. Every time it happens I wait to see if the player gets injured.

A few years Ago Rugby was having real issues with Injury and the contact force of the players. I know thay had some sort of report commissioned to see what could be done. We need to do the same.

Perhaps it's time to do away with the interchange all together and go back to a 4 or 6 man bench that when your off that's it. Today's forwards are machines that play in 25 min bursts of power and fury. Perhaps they need to play in 60 minute sections which would possibly nullify the contact injuries we are seeing?

To be serious for a minute I'm feeling there will be a real watershed moment coming soon in regards to injury.

The game has never been faster, more intense or physical. These guys are being made into muscle bound robots and the Human body just isn't designed to receive the current level of impact force.

The third man in on the legs technique being used more and more is troubling. Every time it happens I wait to see if the player gets injured.

A few years Ago Rugby was having real issues with Injury and the contact force of the players. I know thay had some sort of report commissioned to see what could be done. We need to do the same.

Perhaps it's time to do away with the interchange all together and go back to a 4 or 6 man bench that when your off that's it. Today's forwards are machines that play in 25 min bursts of power and fury. Perhaps they need to play in 60 minute sections which would possibly nullify the contact injuries we are seeing?
Or lessen the interchange to 4.
Benji Marshall says it'll increase injuries but the way it is now these guys ain't getting fatigued enough to taper off the power and speed that make these collisions so powerful and lethal.
The refs, as usual, have a lot to answer for by allowing the wrestle, and tackles to go on too long.

Agreed. I reckon we need to go back to the 5m rule. Give the defence less time to gather speed. Drastic I know, but the human body wasn’t made to withstand the force routinely exerted on them under current NRL conditions.

Either that or just get rid of Bellamy.

I've been told by a VERY reliable source that one of our best players had a thing against Ferris.

Apparently the playing group used to laugh at Ferris during sessions.

One of our fittest players used to say if he was worth his actual value, he'd lose around 15 pounds from the gut.

If the playing group didn't respect him, that speaks volumes @Woodsie . I bet sure as heck the group respect Singe.

For that reason alone, I guess there's validity in me critiquing what he did for our club versus Donny now.

No names either guys. I ain't bus throwing anyone.

the difference is we had injuries last year to players who weren't even stretching out, mostly injured standing behind our goal line, this years injuries are occurring to players that are trying...

Agreed. I reckon we need to go back to the 5m rule. Give the defence less time to gather speed. Drastic I know, but the human body wasn’t made to withstand the force routinely exerted on them under current NRL conditions.

Either that or just get rid of Bellamy.
What a lot of people don't remember is that with the 5m rule we already had a 10m rule.
Because even though it was rarely enforced, the attacking team had to be back 5m from the play the ball as well.
All it needs is the refs to enforce the rule and it would work.
And just one of those wankers is more than enough.
If it produced players like Cliffy then it'll do me.

If there wasn't complete drivel on here we'd have 100 empty threads. The whole premise of ST is for us to sprout complete drivel. I'm hoping to get a degree in it.

Mate.. you will need to go for a PhD to compete on here ...

I've been told by a VERY reliable source that one of our best players had a thing against Ferris.

Apparently the playing group used to laugh at Ferris during sessions.

One of our fittest players used to say if he was worth his actual value, he'd lose around 15 pounds from the gut.

If the playing group didn't respect him, that speaks volumes @Woodsie . I bet sure as heck the group respect Singe.

For that reason alone, I guess there's validity in me critiquing what he did for our club versus Donny now.

No names either guys. I ain't bus throwing anyone.

You don't have to convince me Ferris was a mangey bearded slovenly slob .... I couldn't stand looking at the bloke .... that is not my point ....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8