Should we get Hasler back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you have Des back as Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.9%

• Total voters
@Ralphie your very correct about the Quantum balance sheets.

But let's be serious, the Quantum balance sheets were never any good. Sidney would have to have other companies going down the drain, if coin was his issue.

I did check on the balance sheet of Quantum some years back actually.

As a manly supporter how could you not want to buy some shares in Quantum.

How good would it be to be able to say, I own the SeaEagles LOL. (I Might not have bought all the shares mind you)

I seem to recall even when we were on top the SMH especially seemed to stick the boot into Quantum. Impossible of course because no one at the Penn Group would ever have SMH running stories to suit the Penn Group would they?

Quantum certainly looked like a company Ltd version of a tax write off too me. . I Dont know how Phil Sidney made his money, but I am certain it wasn't through Quantum. My research seemed establish it may have never made money ever. But that didn't stop it's director using it to buy a football club, and using it as a bank balance forking out millions to level out the sea Eagles balance sheets for years.

In some ways how brilliant is Phil Sidney. He Certainly has better accountants then me. Own the sea Eagles and spends other people's money doing it.

Of course I may not think that way if I didn't support the Eagles, and I had invested my life savings in Quantum.

Penns owning us isn't the issue. it is who they have working for them and the **** job those people are doing. if penns are all about the balance sheet they must regret sacking Dave Perry for example, a CEO who done the impossible and had the Sea eagles making money, replacing him with Joe Kelly. How does that MasterCard advert go again, "now that is priceless" .;-).

Back on topic, Hasler isn't coming back. The best solution I can think of in the short term is a appoint Ivan Cleary as the "Coaching Director" and have him there in a hands on role to assist TB until he is pushed out the door with Cleary there to take over.

Back on topic, Hasler isn't coming back. The best solution I can think of in the short term is a appoint Ivan Cleary as the "Coaching Director" and have him there in a hands on role to assist TB until he is pushed out the door with Cleary there to take over.

Taylor is gone at the Tigers come end of season and they will have a new coach lined up.........Cleary perhaps?

It is a shame to miss out on a quality coach like that.

Phil Sidney exited for the same reason Delmege exited, $$$$$$$$$, go and check out the Balance Sheet of Quantum.
I don't see any other mega wealthy people knocking the door down. Very very happy for you to prove me wrong with some names.
Wasn't kaspersky interested in buying the club at one stage?

No doubt that died when mary was sacked

I can't believe that people will let him come back.

Des pretty much got Tooves fired. Back ended gift and Choc deals to the point that we couldn't afford them.

Then pissed of and left tooves with the hard decision.

Yeah he's a great bloke

1. Re
@Ralphie your probably right about Cleary being the best option. Rightly or wrongly we can say he is a former manly player. Penns were trying to push at one point if they ran the club Des wouldn't have left, and Gifty would still be here. But I take it Des and the Penns didn't quite see eye to eye by 2011? Some one on the board obviously didn't want to pay him what he was after.

The thing with Ivan is he comes across as the unflappable type, like our current coach. I think the team might respond better to a 'melt the paint off the walls' type like Des or the Toovmeister.

Ivan is one 'ours,' but he has always demonstrated a higher calling - to himself and his bank balance.

Last edited:
Why does everything think that Cleary is the solution??? He hasnt won sh*t at any level of coaching.

My take is Clearly must be a decent coach. Achieved success at the Warriors where most have failed. I'd even say he achieved at the riff. Their injury wows should have seen them coming last most years he was there.
Gus likes things done Gus's way and I'd almost suggest that clearly was moved on suggests he is ready to be his own man.

When it comes to former Manly players leading the ship. He doesn't have the baggage others do with our money men.

Mr Penn

Get on the phone now and poach Des back.

Des can bring Tooves back during the year.

Last edited:
Throw 1.5 million at Des. Do whatever it takes. However we may not be able to afford the amenities and associated costs that Des demands.

The dogs wanna sack Des because they only ever make the top 4 and never really challenge for the trophy.... wish we had that luxury.

I may not be a lifelong Manly fan like a lot of you guys, but I bloody care about this club and what it stands for... In my opinion, you know what definitely isn't Manly... begging someone to return who shafted the club, stabbed it in the back, abandoned his mates and chuckled on his way out the door with a sack full of cash, and hasn't stopped chuckling every time he's beat us since.

I will not beg for him to return out of desperation.

This is before we get on to the fact that he's done sweet nothing at the Dogs. Don't tell me for a second as Manly fans we'd be sat here happy at 7th-5th place finishes and 2 GF losses with the same team every year and 4 props on our bench. Sure, it's better than we are now, we'd love to be 7th or wherever the Dogs sit, but I'd never buy that kind of average level for the price of begging De$ back to the club.

If Barrett isn't the answer, find someone else by all means, but not Des.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8