Should we get Hasler back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you have Des back as Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.9%

• Total voters
The dogs fans are in a position where they get to whinge about their coach because their team is 'only' a solid top 8 team, not top 4. Wouldn't that be a nice problem to have at the moment!
The Dogs will make the 8 easily, and Des will go into his 12th straight semi finals series as a coach. (Only missed finals in his first season)
The reality is he's made 6 Grand final appearances out of a total of 12 seasons as coach. With stats like that if he was a QLDer he'd have a whole state of admirers and be seen as a god Bennett style.

Apart from the way he left, the biggest problem most had with Des was that he was a control freak.
All I can say about that is, the last few years we've got to experience what it's like to have a control freak running the show from the office instead. Nuff said.
I'll take a control freak coach over that any day.

Last edited:
De$ destroyed my 2011 GF win, but I can't see Twenty leading the troops into the promised land either.

However, grand finals are rare, and that disappointment still says De$ can keep lying down with the dog$ he loves forever more.

TBH I'd prefer we chased Bellyache > Maguire> De$ any day.

That being said, I have no control over the coaching staff so who knows what's ahead.

We don't need to get Des back (pay back for leaving). He's suffering enough for his decision. lol

Revenge is for the weak. The strong always strike first. Then again..so do the scared. There is nothing more dangerous than a cornered coward, people. Nothing.

Ummm...:confused: yeah. That's it. Carry on.
Yep he's suffering big time at the dogs on a million a season...

I heard on triple m rumour mill this morning that Des is on the nose at the dogs due to all the control he has over the playing group. They are trying to get rid of him by years end.

Get on the phone Bozo and get him back to Brookie.

I heard on triple m rumour mill this morning that Des is on the nose at the dogs due to all the control he has over the playing group. They are trying to get rid of him by years end.

Didn't he just sign a contract extension?

Wasn't that the issue the Manly board had with the back stabbing prick?

Didn't they do a review and concluded he had far too much autonomous power that had basically given him way too much control.

Why do we want that situation again?

Besides, some here may forgive and forget, but I say he can go f%€& himself.

I'd take Ivan Cleary in a dead set heart beat to TB. At the moment. I just can't see the bloke being a motivational type. I can see it. The boys are in the sheds, the cards are on the table.... Trent walks in, were down 20-4 at half time, "ok boys that was a good half, we had a few bad calls, the bounce of the ball wil change, complete your sets and we will win this".

In comparison - Toovey

" the **** do you think you guys are doing out there, this is manly! Get out there and give it every single thing you've got until you can't walk, and when you're crawling you still keep ****ing fighting until you're dead, and when you're dead and bleeding maroon on the field then maybe I'll consider not dropping your for you soft cock of a performance"

Wasn't that the issue the Manly board had with the back stabbing prick?

Didn't they do a review and concluded he had far too much autonomous power that had basically given him way too much control.

Why do we want that situation again?
himself.

Because when Hasler had 'autonomous power' we were an incredible football side. Now the power is with Bozo/Penn and we are ****e.

Plus the way things are going and the type of people our management have turned out to be, do you really blame him for leaving??

So apart from Back Ended contracts, what else did Dessie do with all this control that we now don't want him to have ?
My point is, if his control leads to a dictatorship, he becomes a kind of Fuhrer and this leads to Premierships, what's the harm? Or does the harm outweigh the good ?
He might put club noses out of joint, but shape a dynasty that wins the comp. He can come back on the strict understanding that he cannot negotiate Back ended contracts. He can negotiate CPI increase contracts or similar ONLY.

Because when Hasler had 'autonomous power' we were an incredible football side. Now the power is with Bozo/Penn and we are ****e.

Plus the way things are going and the type of people our management have turned out to be, do you really blame him for leaving??

Des and his playing group help all the power. How did that work out again??

If you need a reminder just think to Twatmough and the debacle with Glen Stewart not getting a contract.......

Agreed the Bozo/fat turd leadership is not working either, but replacing one lot of snakes with another is not the answer.

Hasler has no honour, just like Peters and Penn. I'll have none of them thanks.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I don't trust him, he showed his true colours. Plus, he coaches an outrageously boring football style. I don't know how Dogs fans can stand watching their team play. Even when they win it's a boring grind which usually goes down to the wire. If they have a big win its because they scored a few more arsey tries from kicks than usual.

In short, he's a prick. His coaching promotes boring Rugby League. He deserves to get the sack from the Dogs and then have to resort to coaching the Knights for eternity.

I would prefer Ivan Milat to Hasler.

That's in really poor taste to suggest that. I mean, everyone knows that Milat never played for Manly. We'll have exactly the same problems we are having now with Barrett.

Granted though that players might play a bit better because they might be more worried about the consequences of non-performance than they are now...

That's in really poor taste to suggest that. I mean, everyone knows that Milat never played for Manly. We'll have exactly the same problems we are having now with Barrett.

Granted though that players might play a bit better because they might be more worried about the consequences of non-performance than they are now...
It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek assessment of Des Hasler's character.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4