Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Lot of excitement over one run in 15 minutes of football. The dogs cut him and the warriors couldn't find a spot for him, so something is going on. Clearly he doesn't carve up defences with every touch of the ball. Heard his training attitude isn't the best.

Let's see what he produces with a decent amount of game time. See if he has the whole package.

Certainly not putting him anywhere near DG. It was simply the bust and the pace to pull away from the cover.

Need to see a lot more before I get too excited.

Also getting cut from the dogs when he did doesn't mean he didn't have anything. Correct me but I'm pretty sure they were the best forward pack in the comp at that time. Bit like our backline with whare, hiku and gutho. Not bad players by any means just no chance to break thru into such a good side.
And the warriors well what can you say
'where careers go to die'.

I would keep him in the 17 for now. Defo against CB this week.

Seriously .... coming on for fresh for 5 mins against knackered opponents who had spend 80 mins playing in 30 degree heat .... and now has to be in the 17..

FMD

The Dogs did have some decent backrow depth in 2015, but they swapped him for Faitala Mariner who has been a bit of regular for the dogs since coming over.

Anyway, let's see how he goes - hopefully he will make the most of his chance

I'm aware of his 2015 body of work. Can you show me his 2016 highlight reel ?

At the expense of who ? At full strength he's fighting with AFB, Myles, Bainbridge, Perret, Brown, for a bench spot.

Maybe he and Siro share an edge role. Siro has played 80 minutes in all 3 games from memory.
2016 he went to the Warriors and it did not work out for him there but that does not mean he is not a quality strong fast agile back rower that can come on off the bench and cause more damage . Do we have many back rowers that can do this ?

Seriously .... coming on for fresh for 5 mins against knackered opponents who had spend 80 mins playing in 30 degree heat .... and now has to be in the 17..

FMD
FMD Woodsie Lane is only 198cm and 115kgs that can run like the wind . That would heat up any defensive line

FMD Woodsie Lane is only 198cm and 115kgs that can run like the wind . That would heat up any defensive line

You may well be correct and he turns out to be the greatest footballer ever .... but I would suggest you get more than a 5 min cameo against rooted opponents before you put your pocket money on it.

You may well be correct and he turns out to be the greatest footballer ever .... but I would suggest you get more than a 5 min cameo against rooted opponents before you put your pocket money on it.
In his breakout year with the dogs in 2015 at the age of 20 he scored 5 tries in 14 games . At 22 years of age and at 198cm and 115kg this guy I think you will find he is more than a 5 minute wonder .

In his breakout year with the dogs in 2015 at the age of 20 he scored 5 tries in 14 games . At 22 years of age and at 198cm and 115kg this guy I think you will find he is more than a 5 minute wonder .

Mate, you don't have to sell him ..... I am quite happy to see him succeed. Call me silly, but I would just like to see more than one run.

Mate, you don't have to sell him ..... I am quite happy to see him succeed. Call me silly, but I would just like to see more than one run.
I understand where your coming from feathered friend . I just get excited when I see a good prospect .
untitled.png

The kid is a gun.
If Barrett continues to play brown and leave this guy out i won't be renewing my membership after 12 years..

The coming weeks will be interesting as Lane and Hastings have to be given a go

You just watched 15 blokes tackle and play their guts out for 80 min in oppressive heat and humidity and pull off one of the best wins against the odds for at least 3 years defending countless sets on our own line ...... and what impressed you is Lane coming on in the last 5 mins ?????????

FMD

The kid is a gun.
If Barrett continues to play brown and leave this guy out i won't be renewing my membership after 12 years..

The coming weeks will be interesting as Lane and Hastings have to be given a go

Don't worry mate, Brown will have retired in less than 12 years

I am not convinced by Lane. I hope I am proven wrong but he doesn't look like he has the mongrel to be a good forward.
Not sure if he goes looking for work and is willing to take the tough hit ups.

Yeah maybe offset that good run with the fact the Dogs and Warriors have both been happy to let him go and perhaps reserve judgement until we see a little more.

You just watched 15 blokes tackle and play their guts out for 80 min in oppressive heat and humidity and pull off one of the best wins against the odds for at least 3 years defending countless sets on our own line ...... and what impressed you is Lane coming on in the last 5 mins ?????????

FMD
Woodsie, I have watched Lane play against us when he was playing in the 20s and he killed us in one particular game at Brooky.
I then would look out for him when I would go to games until he made 1st grade and he always impressed.

Also caught his debut game for dogs at Belmore when he went over for a try to win it for them.

Mate don't kid urself we played a very weak cows side and I'm holding off judgement on how we are really traveling.
One thing I know, I've watched brown miss tackles and drop balls at critical moments in tight games which has been the catalyst for us losing them in the past year and again against Souths this year 1mtr out from Souths try line.

We don't want to be like Parra supporters and think everything is fine after one win.
Have to look at the bigger picture mate. If ur telling me Brown deserves to be in the squad instead of giving Lane a chance is laughable especially after so many bad games!

I am not convinced by Lane. I hope I am proven wrong but he doesn't look like he has the mongrel to be a good forward.
Not sure if he goes looking for work and is willing to take the tough hit ups.
Pepi, I think we have enough aggression in the team which Lane can compliment with his foot work and off loads.
My point is that Brown has been a massive failure and it's time to give someone else a crack

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10