Sea Eagles v Storm @FortBrookie MnF game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Predict the margin

• Manly 1-12

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Storm 1-12

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Manly 13+

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Storm13+

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kiwi Eagle said:
Hasn't had a good game since 200& GF ... That'll do me

Kiwi, he is passing before the line, lifting the knees a little more than normal, turning his back into the defence - all signs that he is becoming less mobile and not as confident. When was the last time he poked his head through the defensive line and offloaded to a support player??

Watched the game and a few thoughts;

DCE will be a great one day. Just struggling at the moment behind a pack that is too old.

Anthony is a good middle runner but I hope they eventually put him back running wide - hes wasted doing hard yards.

Georgey played good tonight - fat bugger did well.
Darcy did well too. The 2 of them bent the storm back. (pity about the other 2)

The Storm play the same way in minute 1 to minute 80. They will beat 90% of teams until it comes to September.

Jorge is a good ball running backrower (albeit small) but is not a winger.

Kieran is taking a fair while to get back to speed, but hell if our forwards could tackle like him there wouuld be a B2B guaranteed.

As a side note I thought the refs were very lax on Melb holding the player down in the ruck.

As an end note. Manly deserved to lose tonight, they were not the better team.

PS - I hope Gifty is OK, hes a legend.

GO MANLY GO THE BLUES.

torana355 said:
The Who said:
Get a grip. It was four tries all, and we lost Glenn who is our best attacking forward.
I'm not often right but I am with Tafua - he is not a winger. As predicted he never contested the high ball and it cost us dearly. He is good with ball in hand but that's it. Hopefully we won't have to play him from now on, with Matai and Wolfie coming back.

They were without Slater who is worth 12 points between the points he scores and saves mate, we were bad in parts, very soft tries let in. Toovey even said so in the media conference.
I know it sounds like I'm picking on Tafua but when a winger doesn't try to catch bombs it costs one or two tries a match. Storm scored through two kicks (one not his fault) yet we scored four team tries. It wasn't that bad, except for the Smith try.

We were missing TRex, Matai, Wolfman and if you want to be honest Ben Farrer - even though some here aren't fans - never stuffed up defensively on the wing like we have seen this year. Bad year to let Robbo head off even though I thought he was due a pay day in UK. Mormons!

Storm are first class cheats, they lay all over the play the ball, twist every neck every tackle and pass forward from dummy half every play.

King and Kite look old and slow - it's no surprise we went better in the second twenty of the first half.

And hate me if you want but Snake looks too keen to let the ball roll over the dead or hope one of his wingers get it.

MORMONS!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
It's the same old story.... Too many key players out = sub par performance.

I have to say I'm getting sick of that though. They really should be able to find a way to grind out wins when things go against them. Losing Glenn effected them too much and that's not good enough. At 18-12 up they needed to control possession and field position. The storms first try after the break was typical arsey luck. Last tackle, winger caught out wide.... Kick it infield and hope. It goes between our players, Smith then miss kicks it for a prop to be trailing thru and pick it up to score. The number of things that went their way was ridulous but that's how it goes.

I still can't believe they lost and to make matters worse they missed a golden opportunity to get back into the top 4. There have been too many of these this season. Then to top it off we lose Glenn.... Terrible night.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Kitey, I'm probably disappointed because I constantly hope that he'll produce something resembling his best on a regular basis. He's at the tail end of his career and his impact is spasmodic. To be brutally honest I was surprised he was extended past last year.

However I think the real story here is how much of a benchmark the Storm are. They are clinical and they know their game inside out. Smith is a quality player.

Just got back from the game.

We beat the storm in completion rate, offloads, line breaks, missed tackles and metres gained.

Storm beat us in score, thats it.

There is a disconnect there somewhere and it was in pink.

Refs should have been shot, they let the storm play offside most of the night and kept 2 different sets of 10m our being about 2m bigger on average, we even had a 14 - 15m set one play. It was disgusting to watch them ruin what should have been a good game of footy.

The refs blow a penalty for our player moving to get back into marker and caught the guys foot (I can live with that) but 5 minutes later a storm players falls on our guy as he is getting up and nothing.

What the fark happened on Whare's break. Double tacklle to start with, should have been 10 in the bin then multiple players offside and nothing, SFA, nada, zilch

Looked like blatent cheating to me

A lot of poor judges of performances here. Our forwards didn't let us down at all. The difference was the kicking game and attention to detail.

I'm not sure what other people think but I reckon Snake wouldn't be happy with his performance tonight. Arguably bombed a try and should have stopped 2 others. He has set the bar extremely high for himself and I reckon he would admit himself he would have liked to have done better in all 3 of those instances.

Masked Eagle said:
A lot of poor judges of performances here. Our forwards didn't let us down at all. The difference was the kicking game and attention to detail.

I'm not sure what other people think but I reckon Snake wouldn't be happy with his performance tonight. Arguably bombed a try and should have stopped 2 others. He has set the bar extremely high for himself and I reckon he would admit himself he would have liked to have done better in all 3 of those instances.

I agree re Snake tonight, i was very disappointed with his lack of desire to attack the ball, if he stopped that one try we probably would have won, Chocs missed tackle in the first half was not great either. DCE has been below his best this year aswell. The one positive is that we could definitely beat the Storm in the finals if we play closer to 100% I hope we come out and turn things around for the Roosters game.

We lost but we weren't embarrassed. I enjoyed the game. Only lost to the competition leaders by four points. I had a good night on the hill and in the end that's what counts our team was competitive.

Top End Eagle said:
King and Kite look old and slow - it's no surprise we went better in the second twenty of the first half.

Which is also no surprise when you consider that from the Oldfield knock on we didn't touch the ball for 10m

Bit easier to look better when you come on with a run of possession

We are living in te shadows of the team we were last year, why change what isn't broken, tooveys laid back style may not be working, and it's deffinately showing !

bennyeagle said:
We are living in te shadows of the team we were last year, why change what isn't broken, tooveys laid back style may not be working, and it's deffinately showing !

Lol we are 1 win off 2nd ...

Without access to Brookie, I listened to this match online. I felt quite deflated after the loss as this game would have been a vital win.
It sounded like the team put in a gutsy effort. We should be proud of this.
Some years you have all the luck. 2011 was great for us. This year luck's eluding us but: not including purples, the teams ahead of us on the ladder are up by two points, or on the same. We still had four top grade players out last night and have suffered through constant injuries all year. We will get our top team on the paddock at some stage. Maintain the faith, there's good things to come. Hope it starts soon. Go Manly!

Sumdumguy said:
We lost but we weren't embarrassed. I enjoyed the game. Only lost to the competition leaders by four points. I had a good night on the hill and in the end that's what counts our team was competitive.

Good sentiments, it was a better atmosphere tonight than any other Monday night game I have been to. Two bad 10 minute patches in both halves brought us undone.

Mals said:
Sumdumguy said:

Good sentiments, it was a better atmosphere tonight than any other Monday night game I have been to. Two bad 10 minute patches in both halves brought us undone.

Storm played out of their skin and we were below par especially a couple of individual performances. However this augurs well for the remainder of the season if and when we hit our straps.

Valiant effort by Manly against a Team that is basically undefeated in 2012.

I loved how Kitey found his mojo when he came on in the second half - ran with aggression that we haven't seen since 2008.

Killer knocked on twice :s what are the odds of that ever happening?

In truth, Choc should not have played. He is making Matai look able bodied. For some reason his left side is losing sensation - but the man never took a backward step all night :angel:

The Taufua weakness has to be focused on ASAP - its such a shame that he is still overawed in first grade. Reminiscent of one T-Rex in timidity and sideways running for 2 bloody years on the wing :dodgy:

It aint over - Manly in equal 3rd spot inspite of all the injuries ,suspensions and Player movements.:)

HappilyManly said:
Valiant effort by Manly against a Team that is basically undefeated in 2012.

I loved how Kitey found his mojo when he came on in the second half - ran with aggression that we haven't seen since 2008.

Killer knocked on twice :s what are the odds of that ever happening?

In truth, Choc should not have played. He is making Matai look able bodied. For some reason his left side is losing sensation - but the man never took a backward step all night :angel:

The Taufua weakness has to be focused on ASAP - its such a shame that he is still overawed in first grade. Reminiscent of one T-Rex in timidity and sideways running for 2 bloody years on the wing :dodgy:

It aint over - Manly in equal 3rd spot inspite of all the injuries ,suspensions and Player movements.:)

Can't be serious bagging Chocs performance? The missed tackle on Smith was ordinary but outside that it was a typical, 80 minute all energy performance. I didn't see him go down once last night.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8