Sea Eagles v Storm @FortBrookie MnF game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Predict the margin

• Manly 1-12

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Storm 1-12

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Manly 13+

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Storm13+

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's just 1 game but it may have been very defining, I've been saying all year that we have lacked our intensity in defence and ignored it as we will be right, not anymore. Sure Glenn went off but we still had the team to win that, have to get up next weekend for the chooks if we don't we could turn into the whipping boys of the comp !

Mick is right, our attack looks disjointed for large periods of the game with little pieces of brilliance here and there where we score our points, Tafua runs the ball great but has a shocking passing game and is plain horrible under the high ball. I wish we could keep Whare!!

Our defense can be great in parts but in other parts we let in soft try's, Snake not attacking the ball on one of the Scums tries was very disappointing. I still say we could win the comp with our full team but we needed that win to stay with the top 4.

That intercept was a turning point because our player was clearly taken out and it should have been a penalty. The storm played well but gee they had some luck as well. There are excuses but the result is still the same... a loss.

I feel $hitty. They really should have won that. I've watched the storm play this season and can't believe they've won as many games as they have. They're well drilled but nothing special. They'll need to turn it around next Sunday against the Chooks and it won't be easy.

torana355 said:
Mick is right, our attack looks disjointed for large periods of the game with little pieces of brilliance here and there where we score our points, Tafua runs the ball great but has a shocking passing game and is plain horrible under the high ball. I wish we could keep Whare!!

Our defense can be great in parts but in other parts we let in soft try's, Snake not attacking the ball on one of the Scums tries was very disappointing. I still say we could win the comp with our full team but we needed that win to stay with the top 4.

Believe it or not, our defense is actually 2nd best in the entire NRL. Our attack is actually 13th.

Kitey has been a great player for us over the years and a Churchill medallist to boot, but it might be time for him put the mouthguard in the kit bag for the last time. It's painful to watch these days.

Ryan said:
Believe it or not, our defense is actually 2nd best in the entire NRL. Our attack is actually 13th.

I know it is but it would be even better if we didn't let soft tries in. Our attack is very one dimensional this year, always the same right side play that relies heavily on Gift and Lyon. DCE has been a little disappointing all year but i don't want to bag the kid, im sure he will get back to his best as we know he is a great player.

Yeah scoring is a problem for us, only the Knights,Dragons and Eels have scored less points. It's terrible, our defense isn't great but is 3rd equal best now after tonight's game. Sometimes we look like we have massive problems with ball in hand and creating scoring opportunities

Hopefully Matai next week combining with K Foz can spark our attack on the left side to take the reliance off the right side which will be suffering without Gifty

It's a wonder half our team aren't in neck braces after that game. There was a Storm player around the neck in nearly every tackle.

Kites defense in the middle is 1st class

I didn't think we were great tonight, but didn't think we were a pile of cral either

Little things that are easily rectified coz us that one in the end. I almost didn't want us to score at the end, rather lose by 8 than 4

Volley said:
Chip and Chase said:
Kitey has been a great player for us over the years and a Churchill medallist to boot, but it might be time for him put the mouthguard in the kit bag for the last time. It's painful to watch these days.

I thought he was one of our best tbh.

That'll do me...Kite was nowhere near our best and hasnt had a good game since the 08 GF. He should have retired @ the end of last year but has gone on way too long. When George and Darcy came on late in the first half our metres skyrocketed and bent the defensive line on every carry. Dont take it as a personal attack on the bloke, I've loved watching him in a Manly jersey but the time has come and its the same with a guy like Hindmarsh. It pains us as supprters to watch guys playing past their use by date!

The standout forwards was Joe and Rose, Kite and King had average games, Lussick had little impact off the bench.

Get a grip. It was four tries all, and we lost Glenn who is our best attacking forward.
I'm not often right but I am with Tafua - he is not a winger. As predicted he never contested the high ball and it cost us dearly. He is good with ball in hand but that's it. Hopefully we won't have to play him from now on, with Matai and Wolfie coming back.

Kite can still play footy no doubt & is nowhere near the retirement village as a player, unfortunately lacks fire & aggression & a bloke of his size should have opposition players trembling with intimidation which at times is annoying..
The game had good patches but Smith again got them rolling at the key points & sad to say but the Storm had more urgency - apart from Foran & a couple of others. Seen enough to realise Manly at full strength can beat the Storm who scrambled well & got the bounce - by luck - not really, they contested that bit harder & that will be our main obstacle. Can Tooves get this team to rise to the challenge with the required hunger for the 2012 premiership.
A good win over the Roosters & all will be forgiven.

The Who said:
Get a grip. It was four tries all, and we lost Glenn who is our best attacking forward.
I'm not often right but I am with Tafua - he is not a winger. As predicted he never contested the high ball and it cost us dearly. He is good with ball in hand but that's it. Hopefully we won't have to play him from now on, with Matai and Wolfie coming back.

They were without Slater who is worth 12 points between the points he scores and saves mate, we were bad in parts, very soft tries let in. Toovey even said so in the media conference.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8