Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Myles was a dead loss for us, waste of cap and now we suffer as he laughs at us!! We need players who are committed to our cause rather than signing a guy who was only after money and was an incentive for DCE to remain at our club. We have to cope this on the chin but it again makes a mockery about players retiring and the club still losing on the cap, I would love to know how Choc and the whingers got away with the identical situation???

Myles was a dead loss for us, waste of cap and now we suffer as he laughs at us!! We need players who are committed to our cause rather than signing a guy who was only after money and was an incentive for DCE to remain at our club. We have to cope this on the chin but it again makes a mockery about players retiring and the club still losing on the cap, I would love to know how Choc and the whingers got away with the identical situation???

Seriously though haven’t we faced some **** from players this last 3-4 years.

Firstly the Gifty debacle.

Then DCE / Foran ****fight.

Then the Whatnext shamozle.

And then we have two aged superstars sitting on the sideline for a full 12 months.

Then #thanksbozo rears it’s ugly Head from the even uglier Head of Nate Myles.

And now the Hastings distraction.

FMD I wonder #whatsnext ???!

Sorry but i am totally over this rabble of a club. I have backed them for years with my coin, bought their clothes and now I have been given a load of **** from players and management.
Manly is not MANLY anymore. I give up.

giphy.gif

Just thought I’d add here that I’ve seen a LOT of **** in almost 55 years as a fan, and I’m not going ANYWHERE!!

So bad luck Silvertailers I’m here to stay.

Just thought I’d add here that I’ve seen a LOT of **** in almost 55 years as a fan, and I’m not going ANYWHERE!!

So bad luck Silvertailers I’m here to stay.
I agree
The 2013 PF against Souths and the 2008 GF are two examples why I will also be going no where. Yes this is hard to take right now but in a few years when we are back then all this hard ache will be forgotten.

But Mark... We should all support the team only when things are rosey and we are winning games...
Anything less is weak and a North Sydney Bears mindset.

Perfection only.

I wonder how some handle tough times in real life when they go to water so quickly about Manly in some JHastings panic attack...

Seriously there’s some you wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with would you??

Absolutely not.
Anyway, as I said, each to their own...

1 more sleep. Let's hope Manly can make a statement tomorrow. C'mon lads. Find a way.

To me it’s got to be a very simple ( very) game plan.

For at least 10-15 minutes just complete the sets and do everything to not give away penalties, play the game the refs way.

Take 2 points if on offer , make it 4 points if another comes up.

If a penalty goes against us, suck it up, move back , set the line and defend like there’s no tomorrow!

Play through the middle to start with , plenty of time for offloads and spreads.

If they do this they’ll win, the Eels are crap, BUT the danger is we do the complete opposite and face another Tigers debacle.

Surely the contracts the clubs have with the NRL stipulate the NRL must show due care to their franchisees.

The NRL has continually dragged their feet when decisions are required and come up with "unique" penalties, etc, etc, that affect MWSE's welfare as a franchisee.

They could not possibly have a leg to stand on if MWSE vs NRL was heard in a REAL court of law. The damages would be substantial. The NRL MUST know this.

So that means they will accept our appeal when they think enough damage has been done. That point will probably be when they deem us to be unable to recover... and realistically, that point is probably not that far away.

Whether we win:)rofl:) or lose the appeal. the corporate case will still go ahead.

This will not help as far as cap goes but would be a heartening moral victory that may help us.

It is astonishing that the NRL can get away with treating a contracted franchisee the way they have, it's a disgrace to Australian sport and culture.

Seriously though haven’t we faced some **** from players this last 3-4 years.

Firstly the Gifty debacle.

Then DCE / Foran ****fight.

Then the Whatnext shamozle.

And then we have two aged superstars sitting on the sideline for a full 12 months.

Then #thanksbozo rears it’s ugly Head from the even uglier Head of Nate Myles.

And now the Hastings distraction.

FMD I wonder #whatsnext ???!

So many great #memories #yart

1. B Stewart #knees #medicallyretired #stillcountedinourcap

2. T Williams #notawingeriknow #dogs #lol #stillcountedinourcap #wtf

3. D Walker #choosethedoor

4. S Matai #clique #fakenews #medicallyretired #stillcountedinourcap

5. D Williams #gambleresponsibly

6. K Foran #karma #clique #tpa #eddie

7. DCE #contractpulled #backflip #gladstone

8. A Fonua-Blake #didntchoosethedoor

9. J Hastings #gladstone #blacktown

10. D Lussick #tantrum #shafted? #probablystillcountedinourcap

11. A Watmough #clique #4years #wtf
#medicallyretired #notcountedintheircap #rort

12. C Sironen #choosethedoor

13. G Stewart #clique #shafted

14. L Burgess #the****burgess #arizona #thanksjoe

15. N Myles #starsigning #purplescum #retired #stillcountedinourcap #thanksbozo

16. Fa'oso #medicallyretired #stillcountedinourcap

17. Tetavano #didntchoosethedoor #guilty #astutebuy #nogames

Supported by

Fulton #architect #nepotism
Penn #resultsbased #NFI
Peters #leak #sausageroll #fridge
Kelly #chelsea #roosterintraining

So many great #memories #yart

1. B Stewart #knees #medicallyretired #stillcountedinourcap

2. T Williams #notawingeriknow #dogs #lol #stillcountedinourcap #wtf

3. D Walker #choosethedoor

4. S Matai #clique #fakenews #medicallyretired #stillcountedinourcap

5. D Williams #gambleresponsibly

6. K Foran #karma #clique #tpa #eddie

7. DCE #contractpulled #backflip #gladstone

8. A Fonua-Blake #didntchoosethedoor

9. J Hastings #gladstone #blacktown

10. D Lussick #tantrum #shafted? #probablystillcountedinourcap

11. A Watmough #clique #4years #wtf
#medicallyretired #notcountedintheircap #rort

12. C Sironen #choosethedoor

13. G Stewart #clique #shafted

14. L Burgess #the****burgess #arizona #thanksjoe

15. N Myles #starsigning #purplescum #retired #stillcountedinourcap #thanksbozo

16. Fa'oso #medicallyretired #stillcountedinourcap

17. Tetavano #didntchoosethedoor #guilty #astutebuy #nogames

Supported by

Fulton #architect #nepotism
Penn #resultsbased #NFI
Peters #leak #sausageroll #fridge
Kelly #chelsea #roosterintraining

I think the number of hashtags in this post just broke the internet

Well done NRL. You've punished a cap compliant team of footballers for the (allegedly) wrongdoings and misinterpretations of a club in past seasons.

I get that it is difficult for the NRL to find a punishment in 2018 for what a club did in past seasons. But that's the NRL's problem. Their job is to find and punish when the infractions occur.

The NRL don't get that at the start of each season a footy club is re-born. The NRL is punishing the innocent. There are players in this Manly team getting punished by having their careers ruined for something they had nothing to do with.

Well done NRL. You've punished a cap compliant team of footballers for the (allegedly) wrongdoings and misinterpretations of a club in past seasons.

I get that it is difficult for the NRL to find a punishment in 2018 for what a club did in past seasons. But that's the NRL's problem. Their job is to find and punish when the infractions occur.

The NRL don't get that at the start of each season a footy club is re-born. The NRL is punishing the innocent. There are players in this Manly team getting punished by having their careers ruined for something they had nothing to do with.

Greenburg is the only winner here. He wont be happy till he has delivered the last rights to our great club

Now we're feeling a bit all warm and fuzzy.....

Any word on whether Manly can appeal these findings?

For crying out loud, if it takes a judge and two lackeys this long to even determine if we can appeal of not, this'll be sorted sometime next century.

No news is good no news in fact.

Do we get an extension on June 30 deadline for finalising top 30 ? Probably already sorted now with hodkinson signed up anyway.

Still it’d be nice to know if we are playing under a shortened cap or not.

Do we get an extension on June 30 deadline for finalising top 30 ? Probably already sorted now with hodkinson signed up anyway.

Still it’d be nice to know if we are playing under a shortened cap or not.

I doubt we'll get any extension for 30 June. But you're probably right that its now sorted anyway.

Shortened cap.....do you mean the $330k penalty? Pretty sure that applies to both 2018 and 2019. So for this year and next we're playing with $9.07 million instead of $9.4 million.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8