Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thanks Woodsie. All a bit Sylvester Stallone before the triumphant music but hey, the only way is up! @;):party:
PS. In the great Aussie tradition, your derision really cheered me up. Thanks!
Throw those arms in the air Budgewoi, just like Rocky... except you might do it in the middle of the Budgewoi bridge.

Thanks Woodsie. All a bit Sylvester Stallone before the triumphant music but hey, the only way is up! @;):party:
PS. In the great Aussie tradition, your derision really cheered me up. Thanks!

wtf? How come I'm the "meanie"????? lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololol (drum roll supremacy x 2)

Good luck recovery wise. Had a couple of BCC's cut off myself. Party time!

Gosh Budgewoi, I remember being on holidays as a boy with the folks and brother at Budgewoi when it was just a small village. We stayed in a boat shed, as our accommodation, and in a row boat went prawning in the lake at night. Now I'm talking probably about 1956-58. I take it, that its changed a little since then. Despite the primitive arrangement back then, I loved the place.

Gosh Budgewoi, I remember being on holidays as a boy with the folks and brother at Budgewoi when it was just a small village. We stayed in a boat shed, as our accommodation, and in a row boat went prawning in the lake at night. Now I'm talking probably about 1956-58. I take it, that its changed a little since then. Despite the primitive arrangement back then, I loved the place.
Still has that village quality about it. Beautiful little spot, and Lakes Beach is magnificent.

Has progressed a little but not too much. Daryl Braithwaite played the pub recently so, hey, we've reached the Seventies!
It's a strange place. We came here from Newtown and have never really become a part of it. But it is beautiful. For me it's a bit of a case of right set, wrong cast!

Last edited:
I see the NRL are now adding more salary cap exemptions to aid the clubs who have signed the game's biggest stars. Make lawful for them while at same time finding Manly guilty despite not paying anyone any extra, plus NRL gave no relief for injured Snake & Matai. Why should an Origin injury give cap relief but a club pre season injury count for nothing? It is illogiclal and just helps put the bigger clubs with the Origin stars, more sponsors and big stadiums.Meanwhile look at the hoops Manly must go through to call up a 31st player in an injury crisis.

NRL clubs set to receive salary cap relief for injured rep stars
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/22...eive-salary-cap-relief-for-injured-rep-stars/

Key points of the proposal include:
  • Clubs to receive a salary cap exemption for the pro-rata value of the injured player’s contract, up to a maximum of $350,000;
  • There is no limit on the number of players from each club entitled to salary cap relief if they suffer a long term injury in a representative match;
  • If the club has a place left in their Top 30 squad, the injured player must be ruled out for a minimum of 12 matches and cannot make an early return, and;
  • If the club does not have a roster spot left, they can sign a 31st player but the injured player must be ruled out for the season.

• 📚
Reactions: Ned
I see the NRL are now adding more salary cap exemptions to aid the clubs who have signed the game's biggest stars. Make lawful for them while at same time finding Manly guilty despite not paying anyone any extra, plus NRL gave no relief for injured Snake & Matai. Why should an Origin injury give cap relief but a club pre season injury count for nothing? It is illogiclal and just helps put the bigger clubs with the Origin stars, more sponsors and big stadiums.Meanwhile look at the hoops Manly must go through to call up a 31st player in an injury crisis.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/22...eive-salary-cap-relief-for-injured-rep-stars/

• Clubs to receive a salary cap exemption for the pro-rata value of the injured player’s contract, up to a maximum of $350,000;
  • There is no limit on the number of players from each club entitled to salary cap relief if they suffer a long term injury in a representative match;
  • If the club has a place left in their Top 30 squad, the injured player must be ruled out for a minimum of 12 matches and cannot make an early return, and;
  • If the club does not have a roster spot left, they can sign a 31st player but the injured player must be ruled out for the season.
Hopefully we won't need this but in June Jurbo, Turbo in SOO

Kapow, AFB in Kiwi v UK

And we will have some in the Pacific Islands Test as well :cool:

Walks was injured for months after the PM XIII

Last edited:

I think this is a good idea. Injury has to happen during an origin or test match and player must be ruled out for minimum 12 weeks or the season.

If we lost one of the turbos or dce for the season playing in a game not representing Manly we would be so annoyed. Cap relief wouldn't really be much compensation either as could throw your season down the drain

Can I suggest the 4 people deciding the appeal either get somebody who doesn't have to move their lips when they read ..... to actually read it to them ..... or invest in a speed reading course ......

Thanks all for comments on the Origin injury salary cap exclusions. I just can't see why an Origin injury should justify a cap exclusion any more or less than any other injury shouldn't be allowed as a cap reduction. Where or how the injury came about should make no difference. Clubs are punished if it is a pre season injury & the player never plays a game that whole season. A player can get an injury on the way to do charity work. What makes Origin injuries any more special.

Thanks all for comments on the Origin injury salary cap exclusions. I just can't see why an Origin injury should justify a cap exclusion any more or less than any other injury shouldn't be allowed as a cap reduction. Where or how the injury came about should make no difference. Clubs are punished if it is a pre season injury & the player never plays a game that whole season. A player can get an injury on the way to do charity work. What makes Origin injuries any more special.
Could be because it's the best players. I do see the point that if it's a crap player or someone a club took a chance on that doesn't come good it could be prone to rorting by dumping that player and salary into injured reserve. No club will do that to an origin or test star unless they have to though.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8