Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Quite frankly this process is a circus and smacks of a kangaroo court. I thought having a former Judge on board might
result in some justice. The delay is damaging to the club and Greenburg knows it. Now that things are on the up I expect
that they will try to take the wind out of our sails by not granting leave to appeal.

The delay in this is bull**** and we all know it, a couple of weeks maybe but what’s it been now, a couple of months??

There’s an agenda at foot here and that’s sticking out like dogs balls.

I'm kinda thinking that if we were as guilty as that f%&king bald headed di(khead insinuated we were, then would you not think that the appeals tribunal would have agreed entirely & without hesitation confirmed that we were.....therefore denying our request for an appeal. Maybe, just maybe there is more to this, hence the reason it's taking so long to resolve?? I have a feeling there may be some doubt in what was actually determined in our alleged illegalities & involvement with the TPAs? We could yet be cleared completely!!! Then we go in all guns blazing, demand compensation from the NRL & media outlets for defamation & restraint of trade!

Didn't I read somewhere that the appeal committee (is that what they are?) requested further info from Manly which was being gathered?

Dunno, did you? How would we know what you read?

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (drum roll supremacy!)
Realized my mistake but didn't change it because I had a couple of skin cancers hacked off my face and one got infected and I feel and look like rubbish. So there. Meanie!
(Drum roll double supremacy!!)

Actually it could unless I'm misinterpreting how it works. Perhaps someone can clarify, but my take on the salary cap is that what you dont spend of it one year, gets added to the next year. Am I right?

Pretty sure what you don’t spend is kept by the NRL, hence why clubs front load contracts with any money left over to spend the whole cap and take pressure off for the following years

Do we get an extension on June 30 deadline for finalising top 30 ? Probably already sorted now with hodkinson signed up anyway.

Still it’d be nice to know if we are playing under a shortened cap or not.

I imagine we would be playing under a smaller cap as the NRL wouldnt let us register a contract that would put us in breach should we not, or lose an appeal.

With Suli upgraded and Hodko that should be 29 players, and I think we now have to cover Lussicks release. Although not sure if myles is player 30 (dont get me started on that Bull****).

Would like Fainu upgraded as cover for Api.

Can see us releasing Hastings before 30 June, so we may need to cover him aswell.

Actually it could unless I'm misinterpreting how it works. Perhaps someone can clarify, but my take on the salary cap is that what you dont spend of it one year, gets added to the next year. Am I right?

I believe its either spend it, or its gone.

That's why you front load contracts to save on next years cap.

Pretty sure what you don’t spend is kept by the NRL, hence why clubs front load contracts with any money left over to spend the whole cap and take pressure off for the following years

Seems somewhat unfair. Barrett says we are well under the cap. Certainly getting Hodko would take some of that but what club spends exactly the salary cap. Most always have a little left over for the emergencies such as an upgrade of a development player when they've lost all players in a specific position. I can see many reasons a club would not spend all their money, in which case why shouldnt they retain it. Its allocated to the clubs. Do clubs just give it back at years end. Cant see that happening.

Thanks Woodsie. All a bit Sylvester Stallone before the triumphant music but hey, the only way is up! @;):party:
PS. In the great Aussie tradition, your derision really cheered me up. Thanks!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8