Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well this is depressing. It took me years to find somewhere to talk all things Manly Sea Eagles coz goodness knows none of my mates want to. Then I stumble across this site and thought, finally somewhere I can vent and share some banter. It was great to read posts from people that were (or had been at some point) close to the Club. People like you @Mark from Brisbane were the reason I finally signed up.

But geez Mark is right, it can very depressing on here sometimes. Last night I posted a half joking comment that after reading the 1st half forum comments, I needed therapy. And after just watching the game, I see it's not me that needs therapy. What the .... ??

Despite the negativity, I thought there were enough characters to keep me interested coz heck, I know I don't really add much value. And so it seems to me, the site can't really afford to lose people like Mark.

In fact, Mark is not the first person since I signed up, that has left coz of this. Yeah, before anyone says it - it could be me.

It's true we don't have a team that matches some of our previous greats but I keep reading how the team doesn't give a sh*t, or that we need to get rid of so and so and pull these other great players out of our backsides. Sure there have been a couple of questionable recruitment decisions lately but the slagging off of so many of our players is just bizarre. I didn't see anyone in the team from last nights game looking like they didn't give a sh*t.

Anyway, I'm all for different views on how we play footy and how the Club is run but geez it can be pretty unpleasant on here. So I can understand why some long term members are packing it in. I just find it crappy that in my first season, those people are saying they're leaving coz it's not what it used to be.

Thankfully, it's nearly time for the Matildas!

Yes, thanks for posting this, @Woodsie. I have to agree wholeheartedly with Mark's post and coincidentally I blocked one particular poster yesterday after reading the post-game thread, so sick of it. A couple of others are close to 'ignore' status as well. Hope to see Mark back next season.

Well this is depressing. It took me years to find somewhere to talk all things Manly Sea Eagles coz goodness knows none of my mates want to. Then I stumble across this site and thought, finally somewhere I can vent and share some banter. It was great to read posts from people that were (or had been at some point) close to the Club. People like you @Mark from Brisbane were the reason I finally signed up.

But geez Mark is right, it can very depressing on here sometimes. Last night I posted a half joking comment that after reading the 1st half forum comments, I needed therapy. And after just watching the game, I see it's not me that needs therapy. What the .... ??

Despite the negativity, I thought there were enough characters to keep me interested coz heck, I know I don't really add much value. And so it seems to me, the site can't really afford to lose people like Mark.

In fact, Mark is not the first person since I signed up, that has left coz of this. Yeah, before anyone says it - it could be me.

It's true we don't have a team that matches some of our previous greats but I keep reading how the team doesn't give a sh*t, or that we need to get rid of so and so and pull these other great players out of our backsides. Sure there have been a couple of questionable recruitment decisions lately but the slagging off of so many of our players is just bizarre. I didn't see anyone in the team from last nights game looking like they didn't give a sh*t.

Anyway, I'm all for different views on how we play footy and how the Club is run but geez it can be pretty unpleasant on here. So I can understand why some long term members are packing it in. I just find it crappy that in my first season, those people are saying they're leaving coz it's not what it used to be.

For what it's worth, I enjoy reading your posts 🙂

This is my first post in….. I dunno quite some time. Simply put, I came to the same conclusion as Mark, but a fair amount of time before he did. Admittedly I’ve got more going on in life that keeps my mental health unstable enough as is, but this used to be a great place to talk footy and discuss OUR team. I spend far more time on another footy forum and cope with the rubbish from opposition fans because at the least it’s expected, and they take the return shots with far more class and humour than I’ve seen in here for many years…

I’ll continue to read occasionally, and usually get my Manly news from here.. but like a lot of people just won’t engage with the people who cannot look past their own opinions without some sort of facetious bull**** or echo chamber logic…

Have fun peeps!

Gee what happened to water off a ducks back? I mean @Mark from Brisbane from what I can tell is a legend and I have monitored this site for many years and it’s always been full of negativity to some extent unless we win the comp. Surely he is wise enough not to let other opinions control one’s level of enjoyment no matter how many. Anyway negativity does not ever need to be contagious. Come on Mark! suck it up and just do what you do on the site without worrying the opinions of some others. It’s easy as I know you know. There are still some pretty decent posters around here from what I can tell. No need to spit the dummy mate….. :)

I know this bloke
He is a Champion who bleeds Manly
Mark will be back in 2024 and so will the Seaeagles
I definitely get his opinion on this as the site has been very positive for years, yet more recently anyone taking positive is shot down
Blokes like Ryan, calling good and bad, but keeping it real is good and imo the line in the sand, as he is a 100% Manly Champion, but some are so gloomy - doomy it's like a troll from another team bagging us, which ain't cool

I chatted with Mark about a week ago when one of the keyboard hero's on here questioned is mental state, what a gutless act. It cut him. I told him I was a constant user of the "ignore" button these days and he should do the same.

Mark deserved nothing but the utmost respect, as does does every member on here or any other platform.

Mark, myself and plenty of others made the move to Silvertails when the official site shut down its forum. We arrived with a mixed reception but soon found a place we could share our love for the maroon & white.

I often wonder why Dan even bothers these days, I guess the day to day slog by a couple of hard working moderators takes some of the pressure off him. I thank you all and appreciate you efforts.

As for the unruly few who have taken over this place, I am hoping the teams lack of onfield success will lead you to other hobbies like knitting or indian finger billiards, but please find something else.

Last edited:

I'm not a prolific poster by any means, namely because I simply don't have the time, but like you read for a while and with limited Other manly fans where I am to share some talk bit the bullet a few years back.

But what you have said here ( the part above ) is exactly the sh1t that takes away any pleasure and can see @Mark from Brisbane reasons for enjoying the footy without it.

I don't agree with alot of his views but they are always balanced non sensational and for want of a better word gentlemanly rather than the feral responses of some.

Thanks for posting mate and I do enjoy your humour mixed within your posts.

Now cmon tillies, now now wear your reading glasses.

Unfortunate when people stop posting, as obviously the more the merrier.

I think it's important to not get to deep into the rabbit hole that can certainly happen here, lest it eats you up.

I chatted with Mark about a week ago when one of the keyboard hero's on here questioned is mental state, what a gutless act. It cut him. I told him I was a constant user of the "ignore" button these days and he should do the same.

Mark deserved nothing but the utmost respect, as does does every member on here or any other platform.

Mark, myself and plenty of others made the move to Silvertails when the official site shut down its forum. We arrived with a mixed reception but soon found a place we could share our love for the maroon & white.

I often wonder why Dan even bothers these days, I guess the day to day slog my a couple of hard working moderators takes some of the pressure off him. I thank you all and appreciate you efforts.

As for the unruly few who have taken over this place, I am hoping the teams lack of onfield success will lead you to other hobbies like knitting or indian finger billiards, but please find something else.
Great post Bob.

I really like and respect a lot that @markfrombrisbane means to this forum and I hope he comes back but in this case I don't like that post. Just my opinion and Mark is entitled not to like my posts. .Each to their own. We can all agree to disagree. I'd love Kumbaya but the fact is our club is at one of the lowest points in its proud history and if we hard core old school fans don't call it at then who will?

We're here to debate football and more importantly Manly. I just don't get it when things turn personal just because of a differing opinion. Come on people grow up, this isn't the school playground. There does seem to be a lot of negativity, there probably is on every clubs site, especially if things aren't going well but I just tend to scroll through them. I too used to have the match thread open as I watched but don't usually anymore as everyone reacts badly to the slightest bad decision from the ref/knock on/missed tackle etc like it's the end of the world and you find yourself agreeing and doing it yourself. It becomes a pack mentality. Anyway, let's all hope for a more positive 2024

I stepped away for a year.
The poster of many names actually threatened me in a pm which I posted publicly so it's disappointing that he is welcomed back and indeed loved by some on here. I was told to go to the police but didn't want to create work for Dan and the team.

Mark I've met a few times and while we don't always agree on everything he is a Manly legend and plays the ball not the man.
I really do worry for Rosemary ( Mrs MFB) if he's not spending his time on here.

If you are one of the narcissist beta's on here with an inflated ego, please for the love of humanity take a long walk off a short plank.

It Is a sad and depressing day when one of the greatest Manly supporters and contributors to Silvertails is brought to this point by the mindless and relentless negativity and vitriol of the Numbnuts ...

@Mark from Brisbane .. posted the following in the Optimism thread a minute go ... but for mine it deserves to be highligted in it's own thread .... Mark ... I for one agree with you 100%
Yes @Woodsie it is sad indeed... I can understand Mark's decision and it's his choice but I hope he maybe has a change of mind after reading this thread.

One of the reasons I come on here is it's a great distraction from the challenges of everyday life and gives me some mental therapy, but it can have the opposite effect from certain posters who seem to delight in putting a negative spin on everything said. However, since @globaleagle thankfully explained to me how to "ignore" certain posters I, like others, have found this to be best way to overcome them and my forum experience has improved somewhat.

Also like others, I recently posted an opinion on how we recently played a game and was absolutely lambasted for it by a certain poster. I ignored it but it really irked me as I was just expressing my personal opinion about the team and I thought that's what this forum is all about. There seems to be certain posters who cannot accept that everyone has an opinion and theirs isn't necessarily right.

Interestingly I notice that not one of these negative posters has reacted or commented here...

Anyway, I very much hope that Silvertails continues, as I'd be lost without it!

Let's call it here, it isn't so much the negativity, that's understandable, a normal reaction, we're being to polite,
What it is, is the absolute personal abusive BS from a select section of posters who think their view is the only view that matters and are always right.
And no I'm talking about the one with many names either. The narcissist one is by far, way worse.

I have my theory @Mark from Brisbane, I think your creating a smoke screen, and in reality your sacrificing yourself for the greater good,
Your going bush and if win the next 2 games your going bush all season next year, aren't ya

Am I right am I right ?

Good onya big fella, keep the dream alive

I hate this thread .... I really don't get it? Why so sensitive?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8