[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des is a ****ing disgrace and LOL at the fans who still find a a way to somehow defend him.

Awful coach who is completely lost in the modern game. Rides and dies by DCE who is the worst player and contract we’ve ever seen come by the club. Garrick and Jake are ruled out and he runs with a 4th choice winger in Smalley and a useless forward in De Luis rather than legitimate talented youngsters in Weekes and Fulton. Continues to play the likes of Taupau, Walker, Davey & and even Fox with them leaving in a matter of weeks whilst giving us disgraceful results.

By the way Parker has played nearly 100 games but wouldn’t do so at any other club. Slowest player in the comp, awful defender and has feet for hands. Says a lot about where we’re at when he’s coming back from injury and we’re meant to get excited

Made the top 4 in 2021.

If not Des, then who?
I really can't stand the thought of Flanagan.
Who are the assistants to Bellamy and Robinson? They seem to be well trained.
Is Steven Hales a possibility?
Genuine questions. No need to blast away 😉😳🙃

Who are the assistants to Bellamy and Robinson? They seem to be well trained.
Is Steven Hales a possibility?
Genuine questions. No need to blast away
Stephen Kearney is assistant coach for the Storm and Jason Ryles & Brett Morris are assistant coaches for the Roosters.

Earlier in the year, I compiled this list of possible NRL coaches - most are currently assistant coaches, some are caretaker coaches & Wolff is the St Helens coach.

Jim Dymock, Terry Matterson, John Cartwright, Willie Peters, Chad Randall, Micheal Monaghan, Steve Hales, Jason Ryles, Brett Morris, Jamie Soward, Matthew Head, Steve Price, Ben Hornby, John Morris, David Furner, Mick Potter, Nathan Cayless, Andrew McFadden, Stephen Kearney, Josh Hannay, Steve Georgalis, Kristian Woolf, Neil Henry, Brett Kimmorley, Stacey Jones, Michael Macquire.

My preferences from this list would be Josh Hannay, John Morris or Mick Potter. I'm am not sure about Chad Randall's abilities - maybe others can comment.

Down the track, I hope Adam McEwen and Kieran Foran will be contenders for the Sea Eagles coaching role.

Last edited:
Was stoked when Des came back . Even with the dogs suffering horrible attack, they still defended well. Was hoping him coming back would turn us into the old manly that used to get into the grind and wear the opposition down by playing tough.

We lack that defensive starch right now. A divided team and a coach who honestly seems to be in denial about what’s going on.

With the season gone, wouldn’t you blood players like weekes and Fulton? Des deserves one more year but if we don’t play finals next year , he needs to go.

Watching his press conferences is uncomfortable. Breathing fast and stuttering words almost like it seems on purpose. He’s either a proper weirdo or he’s on himself to the point where he puts on some odd fiscade.

Ideally it would be great to have a former player as coach. However, the club needs a reset and I don’t think Monaghan is ready to take over. I know plenty of us have a soft spot for Tooves but to be honest, he wasn’t a great coach. The best coaches are man managers that surround themselves with high quality assistants to teach the game play.
Des has always been a one man band. 10-15 years ago, he had the energy and ability to do it. Unfortunately, he’s past his best and is just holding us back now.
I think we could perhaps do something like the Roosters did with Ricky Stuart and Brian Smith. Stuart had become stale since winning a premiership early in his run. Smith was brought in, as an experienced coach to steady the club and Robinson was an assistant. Smith got them to 1 GF but then in 2013 Robinson took over and they haven’t looked back.
After what Adam McEwan has produced with our junior rep teams, he looks to be a worthy long term option. Des is currently signed until the end of next year. If Penn actually cared about the clubs future, he’d indicate to Des that next year would be his last and sound out McEwan as to the best time, to bring him in as head coach. If he felt he needed another 2-3 years to develop most of the juniors to be ready for first grade, then perhaps look at Flanagan for a couple of years first.
I think if last year showed us anything it was, even with Tom at the peak of his powers, we’re not good enough to beat the top teams. Des has taken the group as far as he can. Only a new coach and captain can get us back to the top.

From a Brent Read article in the Weekend American, it sounds like Des’s support staff might be getting a shakeup.

Attachments

• 142C5CB7-9499-439C-9276-4BA8B53BA3CC.jpeg
    142C5CB7-9499-439C-9276-4BA8B53BA3CC.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 17BFC590-3C53-4147-833E-593F4804002D.jpeg
    17BFC590-3C53-4147-833E-593F4804002D.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 133
MANLY ICON CALLS FOR DES’S RESIGNATION

Manly Sea Eagles legend and former Kangaroos skipper Max Krilich has spoken out regarding Des Hasler’s coaching future and the pride jersey fiasco that has wrecked their season.

And it’s not what Dessie – or the seven Manly players - will want to hear from the always forthright life member and still a director of Manly Leagues club.

Krilich was at Brookie on Saturday night to witness the 40-6 loss to the Sharks.

“We were beaten and overwhelmed by a very good side,” he said.

“But on Des, to be very honest I think he’s probably had his time, not that it’s for me to say or decide. Others can judge that.

“I’m saying the club might need refreshing. He’s been a very astute coach but some of the tactics of late look a bit stale to me.

“I don’t like bagging Des because he’s done some terrific stuff for Manly over a long period of time.

“But everyone has their day in the office and his time might be up.”

Krilich is also strong on the pride jerseys.

“I can understand the players and their personal beliefs,” he said.

“But I’ve got to tell you, they don’t mind collecting their big packets.

“They want the big dollars but they also want to dictate.

“I’ll say this … in the old days under Ken Arthurson none of this would have happened.

“He would have been handled much better. The management in this case has been really poor.”

Still, Krilich insists their season was done prior to the players boycotting the Roosters game.

“We played badly against St George Illawarra (beaten 20-6) the week before the jersey fiasco,” he said.

“We have been playing crap footy for weeks but I don’t want to hammer them.

“I’m totally for the Manly football club and you just hope next year will be better.”

Monday Buzz yes buzz makes crap up but these are the bomb throwers own words.

Manly Sea Eagles legend and former Kangaroos skipper Max Krilich has spoken out regarding Des Hasler’s coaching future and the pride jersey fiasco that has wrecked their season.

And it’s not what Dessie – or the seven Manly players - will want to hear from the always forthright life member and still a director of Manly Leagues club.

Krilich was at Brookie on Saturday night to witness the 40-6 loss to the Sharks.

“But on Des, to be very honest I think he’s probably had his time, not that it’s for me to say or decide. Others can judge that.

“I’m saying the club might need refreshing. He’s been a very astute coach but some of the tactics of late look a bit stale to me.

“I don’t like bagging Des because he’s done some terrific stuff for Manly over a long period of time.

“I’ll say this … in the old days under Ken Arthurson none of this would have happened.

“He would have been handled much better. The management in this case has been really poor.”

Still, Krilich insists their season was done prior to the players boycotting the Roosters game.

“We played badly against St George Illawarra (beaten 20-6) the week before the jersey fiasco,” he said.

“I’m totally for the Manly football club and you just hope next year will be better.”

IMO it’s pleasing for Max to come out and express his view, can’t argue with anything that he has mentioned, get some discipline back into the club and get the behaviours and culture to the standard where it belongs.

I heard a story over the past couple of weeks. Sorry if I get the spelling wrong, but apparently a player called Rick Chisholm used to play for us.

Well I was told he was called into a midweek game into first grade and had a blinder.

He then turned up to the club the next few days demanding a huge increase to his contract, letting everyone know about his performance and requirements !!

Well Ken answered that request and called Rick into his office. Ken was sitting behind the desk, Rick's contract in hand. In walked Rick expecting a huge upgrade and payrise.

Ken said something along the lines of , I hear you've been letting everyone know you want a huge payrise. Rick agreed.

Ken said something along the lines of, if you don't like the contract you've got, I'll tear it up and you can piss off !!

Rick was shocked, said nothing, left Ken's office and went onto have quite a good career at Manly !!

Hahahahaha

Man, I'd love to see some of Max's on field toughness and passion show up in our forward pack. I'm still hoping.

With friends like Orange Head, who needs enemies?

Brilliant coaching career of his own, who can forget the 1991 reserve grade side’s 0 wins in an entire season?

I wonder if Peters is orchestrating this on behalf of his nephew. Krilich sided with Peters and Fulton in trying to push the non-Penn aligned faction off the board some years ago. And Peters wasn’t happy when Des brought Peters’ former blue-eyed boy Foran back into the fold in late 2020.

He (Peters) is a man who can hold a grudge, as do so many who originally hail from the Mediterranean littoral. Perhaps Max too holds a grudge. He wasn’t happy when Des left abruptly in 2011.

Max did have an ‘each way’ on the real issue, when he mentioned Arthurson and how things might have been handled 40 years ago, re: the jersey saga.

Last edited:
With friends like Orange Head, who needs enemies?

Brilliant coaching career of his own, who can forget the 1991 reserve grade side’s 0 wins in an entire season?

I wonder if Peters is orchestrating this on behalf of his nephew. Krilich sided with Peters and Fulton I’m trying to push the non-Penn aligned faction off the board some years ago. And Peters wasn’t happy when Des brought Peters’ former blue-eyed boy Foran back into the fold in late 2020.

He (Peters) is a man who can hold a grudge, as do so many who originally hail from the Mediterranean littoral. Perhaps Max too holds a grudge. He wasn’t happy when Des left abruptly in 2011.

Max did have an ‘each way’ on the real issue, when he mentioned Arthurson and how things might have been handled 40 years ago, re: the jersey saga.
Penn = Peters= Dean Ritchie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8