[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just another thing too.
Reflecting this whole "time for des to go" narrative in my eyes is driven by two things
1) 4-5 weeks of bad results caused firstly by 3 players going down to covid, jersey ****show and then countless season ending injuries.
2) the media talk around the extension claus of his contract.

Let's talk about it for a second.
As a coach des hasn't lost it, 2019 he took basically the same squad that ran second last in 2018 and got them 2 games (and another crap referring call) away from a gf

2020 in my opinion was far a worst season than this season but it was riddled with injuries and we never really fired post the covid break.

Last year top 4 and one game away from a GF

Now for the most part of this season we were well in the running for the 8 despite losing our best player in round 11. (Anyone remember newcastle in 2004 getting the spoon without Joey for most of the season).

Some persepect on this year. The last two weeks haven't been great at all granted. But it's not like we are in contention for the spoon, hello tigers, newcastle and Gold Coast.

I believe the media talk and the shock of the last two meek efforts has drummed up a lot of emotion not just on here but the entire fan base.

Remember when it all hit the fan over the jerseys Des was left to lead the entire club and face the media storm and do managements job when they went missing. Des has been let down my our management badly.

Knowing haslers work ethic he will leave no stone unturned to ensure we improve and are contending next year. Now some people will say what about 2017 at the dogs where it continued to go down hill for him? My reply is simple this squad has way more talent and strike power than that dogs side. Eg tommy, Jake, daly, kolua and even schu. That dogs side of 2017 had nothing in the halves.

The one thing I do agree with is that he needs some changes in the support staff

The way I would like to that happen is for des and the club to identify who out of Randall or Monas is more likely be able to succeed des as coach and get them to either take over the job at blacktown (or manly nsw cup side) and get some exposure around running their own side week in and week out. Then bring in an experienced assistant someone like toovey, flanno or potter
I think his handling of Schuster,rightly or wrongly,(rightly in my eyes if Schuster isn’t working as hard off the field)is not helping his cause.There’s some powerful people at the club who are in Schuster’s corner,not to mention Schuster’s manager

The five / six years of Des .400 win % doesn't sway you?
The 1 win in 2.5 years against a top 4 team doesn't?
The 2 wins in a full season against a top 8 team doesn't?
The 2nd worst defensive streak in the history of the game over 20 games doesn't?
Equaling the clubs ever worst loss streak already, and possibly beating that now doesn't?
The making the finals 2 from 5 years after this year doesn't?
The player exodus and behavioral issues don't?
Des insistence that a failing Crusher remain recruiter after failing all KPI's doesn't?
Des not speaking to anyone in reserve grade (Segayaro) about expectations doesn't?
Des not speaking to the group about jerseys / gang signs, suggesting the NRL should, doesn't?

It's the next 6 games, that makes the difference?
Couldn't sum it up any better. It's time to go and take his long neck over paid turnstile mate with him.

E314636A-6AD3-43DF-BD3B-1EF65EE241AA.jpeg

like where our club is right now run by a bunch of turkeys all over the place.

fix it

View attachment 22038

like where our club is right now run by a bunch of turkeys all over the place.

fix it

Mate Mestrov (the Phantom) and Des (the Dinosaur) haven't addressed the playing group about either the jerseys or gang type behaviour because they claim the NRL should and has done it.

That should show you how inept they are all. We are rudderless and it's only getting worse next year.

As bad as Des not telling any NSW Cup players what they need to do to progress. What a ****ing joke.

I have heard the slightest of rumours of Dean Pay coming to the club.

No source, just from a mate, but Pay as assistant to Des for 2 years then Des into Football Manager role & Pay into head coach could be interesting...

That means Des for two more ****ing years :sick:

No source, just from a mate, but Pay as assistant to Des for 2 years then Des into Football Manager role & Pay into head coach could be interesting...
Well, he's a premiership winning coach...."Dean Pay led Hervey Bay Seagulls to the Bundaberg Rugby League premiership in 2001."

Definitely a good enough assistant, got so unfairly treated and when he left the dogs their defencive resolve got significantly worse. At least they played tough, just didn't have any skill in their squad.

Wouldn't shoe him into a head coaching by any stretch yet at this stage though and by the sounds of it he doesn't want to be the scapegoat anymore if he comes back. In the kennel thread he mentioned some good things. He seems like a good advisor imo, tells it as it is. Predicted the Bulldogs problems under Barrett to a tea. Don't think he's a master strategist in terms of on-field structure, but another assistent can be more specialiised in that area (like a Flanno, Cronk type)

Gee the bulldogs board really did sound toxic at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a no from me

So now we're thinking that instead of sending failed coaches to the dogs we've decided it's better to recruit their failed coaches. Gotta hand it to the club, we're ahead of the game.......in stupidity.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8