[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hasler is a fine coach he proved it many times over, i wouldn't swap our dessie with anyone! I will say this though, not having a genuine 9 is not a good coaching move! For 3 years now. We had 2 of the best and then went from Api & Fainu to Croker 🤦‍♂️

Hasler is a fine coach he proved it many times over, i wouldn't swap our dessie with anyone! I will say this though, not having a genuine 9 is not a good coaching move! For 3 years now. We had 2 of the best and then went from Api & Fainu to Croker 🤦‍♂️
I was talking to my Titans mate, who is in the inner sanctum there. He was saying they have been looking for a big name No9 for at least 12 months. Rein was ok, Erin Clark again ok. And Tanah Boyd is just yuk. I laughingly suggested they hit up Scam Smith (who is a local now). He told me they had sent big Mal over to his place to try and talk him out of retirement. No chance.
It just shows you how important it is to have a gun #9.
Personally I think Manlys legal team should be hammering the NRL from all sides to get Fainus case get sorted now. I know they’ve written to the NRL about it. Only to be told, ‘we’ll get back to you on that"……on the 12th of never. Arko would never have taken no for an answer.

Too soon for that call. Turbo's mighty performance last year masked a number of deficiencies in our side. It wasn't until we played the top three sides who shut Turbo down in defence that our deficiencies became visible again. It appears nothing has changed since last year. The absence of change is of concern. We are not evolving and coaches that have enjoyed long term success like Bennett and Bellamy are not afraid to drop players out of form. If we suffer the humiliation of being beaten by a team coached by Barrett and Des picks the same side the following week then he will have lost my confidence.

All..

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Too soon for that call. Turbo's mighty performance last year masked a number of deficiencies in our side. It wasn't until we played the top three sides who shut Turbo down in defence that our deficiencies became visible again. It appears nothing has changed since last year. The absence of change is of concern. We are not evolving and coaches that have enjoyed long term success like Bennett and Bellamy are not afraid to drop players out of form. If we suffer the humiliation of being beaten by a team coached by Barrett and Des picks the same side the following week then he will have lost my confidence.
It did take an injury to suli last season to force des to bring in Harper. I think harper and that right side will come good this sunday. Unless it rains then i dont know, dce in the rain = headless chook mode 2.0

It did take an injury to suli last season to force des to bring in Harper. I think harper and that right side will come good this sunday. Unless it rains then i dont know, dce in the rain = headless chook mode 2.0

It took injuries to Sirro,Davey and Gossie for Des to select Haumole and Schuster in the starting lineup last year.

Dear Des: Your own players (Brad Parker for example) today clearly stated that other teams game management and systems have adapted to the new rules (he named both Penrith and Roosters), and has said we haven't. Why haven't you addressed the way the game is played? Particularly worrying given the players are calling it out.

Time to...you know...try something different? Our recruitment put faith in our current players (by literally adding no-one but a depth player), so believe we have the talent. Why then Des, are you dishing up **** sandwhiches game after game after game?

lol this thread is why i stayed away after round 1 and 2. the same plonkers who were wetting themselves after round 4 2021 are back. Des has been there seen it and done it all twice. I'll back his judgement.

While you're backing his judgment, can you tell him to learn from his mistakes? Chasing our tails, and making the same mistakes exactly the same way as he did last season isn't progression. His own players are stating our game systems haven't adapted like the good teams. What's that tell you?

This is why he got the can from the Dogs. Inability to stay ahead of the game and make required changes and adapt to the opposition.

Make no mistake mate, we have a roster that should be able to beat top 4 teams. Quality wise, we are great. That's why we acquired nobody last off season.

Our coach is still hasn't moved on with the times. Never drops a player unless injured. Discipline is very bad, time to move him on. Had we played any other team tonight we would have lost.

Look at what Todd Payten has done with the Cowboys.

Our coach is still hasn't moved on with the times. Never drops a player unless injured. Discipline is very bad, time to move him on. Had we played any other team tonight we would have lost.

Look at what Todd Payten has done with the Cowboys.

I think you under estimate The Dogs this year mate. Run through their team, they are pretty stacked.
Dufty, B Burns, Naden, Addo-Carr, Burton, Vaughan, Hetherington, TPJ, Jackson, Thompson etc are all very handy / good players.

I think you under estimate The Dogs this year mate. Run through their team, they are pretty stacked.
Dufty, B Burns, Naden, Addo-Carr, Burton, Vaughan, Hetherington, TPJ, Jackson, Thompson etc are all very handy / good players.
Kikau going there too. All good players but haven't got the halves to capitalise.

Kikau going there too. All good players but haven't got the halves to capitalise.
Spot on mate. Burton is great. Reed Mahoney is also going there next season. They just need a talented halfback, and they'll be a force again (over the cap hahaha, but good).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8