[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What a different reporting state we entered today...the w@nkers at News were backing off, now this... too late...damage to the club done.. and still nothing from Bulldog Ritchie..obviously laying low so the fat greek can't be blamed as the leak

Last edited:
Safe apparently ...

Safe but some key changes will occur. This section of the article is very interesting.

Mestrov et al will meet Hasler and Co "to discuss potential logistical and systematical changes to the operation of the football department to help create a high-performance environment conducive to success."

Sounds to me that Hasler and Co will remain more or less as is for now but significant changes will occur in how the football department operates. I read into this that a new assistant will come in, a succession plan after 2023 will be put in place, and Hasler will end up as somewhat neutered Director of Football Operations in 2024.

It's definitely face saving for Des and Co in 2022, but will result in dilution of Haslers power and responsibilities in the medium term. It's likely we will see an announcement of a new assistant coach soon, certainly before pre-season begins.

Mestrov is also clearly going to have a more substantial role in all aspects of the football departments operations. Interesting times for MWSE ahead, as Mestrov will have to come in and publicly stamp this authority very soon.

Safe but some key changes will occur. This section of the article is very interesting.

Mestrov et al will meet Hasler and Co "to discuss potential logistical and systematical changes to the operation of the football department to help create a high-performance environment conducive to success."

Sounds to me that Hasler and Co will remain more or less as is for now but significant changes will occur in how the football department operates. I read into this that a new assistant will come in, a succession plan after 2023 will be put in place, and Hasler will end up as somewhat neutered Director of Football Operations in 2024.

It's definitely face saving for Des and Co in 2022, but will result in dilution of Haslers power and responsibilities in the medium term. It's likely we will see an announcement of a new assistant coach soon, certainly before pre-season begins.

Mestrov is also clearly going to have a more substantial role in all aspects of the football departments operations. Interesting times for MWSE ahead, as Mestrov will have to come in and publicly stamp this authority very soon.
Yep. I read somewhere that Chad Randall is off to work with Ciraldo at the Dogs so you probably have this right.

Sounds very logical and exactly what should happen. Penn is on record stating that they are working on a succession plan for des over the next couple of years.

Maybe all of this des is getting sacked stuff is just media beat up.

The club is owned by a weak clown Des has stared him down. The only way change will come is when we get our first spoon and with Des coaching with his yes men they are a good chance achieving that next season.

I will find something else for my weekends next season I can't watch the **** Des serves up with the fitness guy Donny who is 10 years past his use by date.

This is the problem with private ownership you have no say in the club yet they still want our money they can go **** themselves you wanted the club you pay for it never get another cent from me.

If Des and his crew are the future we have none.

Enjoy the mediocrity these fools serve up guys I'm out.

The club is owned by a weak clown Des has stared him down. The only way change will come is when we get our first spoon and with Des coaching with his yes men they are a good chance achieving that next season.

I will find something else for my weekends next season I can't watch the **** Des serves up with the fitness guy Donny who is 10 years past his use by date.

This is the problem with private ownership you have no say in the club yet they still want our money they can go **** themselves you wanted the club you pay for it never get another cent from me.

I thought I was the only one. Sorry you're feeling this way mate, but I certainly share your pain.

I certainly feel ya bud... I dont reckon I am far behind tbh...
Since the Manly 7 came back I have watched the majority of games on KayoBite replay which is unheard of for me... we will see what an off season brings but right now my passion levels are at historical lows...

Winning changes everything, before jersey gate playing well very competitive and the way broncos fell away we would have had 8th spot.
And we lost games we should of won cowboys at brookie and eels away.
Yep but if the players don't care enough to turn up for a crucial game then, personally, I feel a bit stupid then cheering those same players to succeed when they do play...
Just my own take...

I certainly feel ya bud... I dont reckon I am far behind tbh...
Since the Manly 7 came back I have watched the majority of games on KayoBite replay which is unheard of for me... we will see what an off season brings but right now my passion levels are at historical lows...
End of the day, if it's not entertaining, it's just not. I was like you , I recorded the games and watched the very rare wins we got against the scrub teams.

Also doesn't help that we cannibalize each other on this board. I think the culture here has turned a lot of people off. Even sweethearts like you get attacked (that's not gay, it's just true).

Put it this way, there's too much other entertainment going on, that's interesting and fun, without the toxicity.

1. Avalanche won the Stanley Cup (my team)
2. Swannies are kicking arse and play like soldiers together (my team)
3. Australia rocks in the cricket
4 Chelsea aren't doing the best but they've just spent 300 million pounds or something to create change - they don't tolerate mediocrity for long, and their old owner was smart enough to step aside for the benefit of the club
5. The Tszyu family are kicking arse in boxing (my favourite boxers)
6. UFC is amazing

If any of these are on, I'd watch them instead of sitting through another drubbing of what used to be an amazing club in Manly. Add to that the off field crap, and it's like, is Rugby League actually dead to me now ? And that thought really upsets me, which then inspires me to come and vent here, which then inspires others to become abusive and that cycle has continued.

There's nothing fun, exciting, fresh, new, hopeful surrounding my team, and unless something huge happens, they aren't getting another penny out of me. And this is from someone who provided major corporate sponsorship. Who organised that petition that got us 10 million for Brooky. That got Pat Wilson to sit down with NAB.

To have that enthusiasm, drive and passion for the club to what I feel about them now is sad and depressing.

End of the day, if it's not entertaining, it's just not. I was like you , I recorded the games and watched the very rare wins we got against the scrub teams.

Also doesn't help that we cannibalize each other on this board. I think the culture here has turned a lot of people off. Even sweethearts like you get attacked (that's not gay, it's just true).

Put it this way, there's too much other entertainment going on, that's interesting and fun, without the toxicity.

1. Avalanche won the Stanley Cup (my team)
2. Swannies are kicking arse and play like soldiers together (my team)
3. Australia rocks in the cricket
4 Chelsea aren't doing the best but they've just spent 300 million pounds or something to create change - they don't tolerate mediocrity for long, and their old owner was smart enough to step aside for the benefit of the club
5. The Tszyu family are kicking arse in boxing (my favourite boxers)
6. UFC is amazing

If any of these are on, I'd watch them instead of sitting through another drubbing of what used to be an amazing club in Manly. Add to that the off field crap, and it's like, is Rugby League actually dead to me now ? And that thought really upsets me, which then inspires me to come and vent here, which then inspires others to become abusive and that cycle has continued.

There's nothing fun, exciting, fresh, new, hopeful surrounding my team, and unless something huge happens, they aren't getting another penny out of me. And this is from someone who provided major corporate sponsorship. Who organised that petition that got us 10 million for Brooky. That got Pat Wilson to sit down with NAB.

To have that enthusiasm, drive and passion for the club to what I feel about them now is sad and depressing.

Take yourself back to the mid 90s, where you weren’t reading tabloid garbage from the media every hour and treating it as all being factual, didn’t have forums to read negativity post after post, and the experience is a hell of a lot better, that’s the way I’ve gone the last 5 seasons or so. Other things in life happen that show how important a league result actually is as well so a losing run is ****, but isn’t the end of the world

If you immersed yourself as deeply into all those other things you mentioned as you did with this, you’d probably find those diminishing as well.

This time 2 years ago, you probably felt the same thing. This time 12 months ago, are you saying you weren’t entertained at all watching the side ? Sport is cyclical and that’s how it goes. I’ve had a hell of a lot more enjoyment watching Hasler coached teams than **** times watching Hasler coached teams so I’m happy to see him run his course, he hasn’t produced 2 poor seasons in a row in his time at the club at all

Look at the Australian Cricket team there, they have 2 blokes in there who blatantly cheated and disgraced the sport, had a huge losing run over a couple of years, but you continued to watch them and support them

We need to stop the hemorrhaging quickly. I cannot see Des taking a backward step. I'd rather the shakeup and start again than more of the crap that has been dished up this year. Des lost me with our style of play, our poor defence, his selections and the way he addresses the press. I thank him and respect him for what he did for Manly until he shat on us from a great height in 2011 and spoiled our celebrations almost immediately after the grand final. Since his return to our club apart from the "pass it to Turbo season" last year we have been rank average and are falling behind every body else very quickly. When you are in a hole you need to stop digging. Time to start climbing out.

Factions.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11