Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 18 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Beastmode - NZWarriors said:
💯

Doesn’t benefit them by letting him walk over to a top 4 team to ride your wave… I’d be filthy if I was Izra Mam and whoever you have @6 in reserves

For a start if he came, it would be as a 9 only.

Secondly, it's since been revealed (by Gould, Locky and a few others) that there was actually very little discussions internally and zero discussions with Hunt about him coming here.

Literally all that happen was that when Hunt revealed he wanted a release, we made a quick phone call to the Dragons for a sitrep, to be told it wouldn't happen, so we never thought any more about it ... it was blown massively out of proportion from certain sections of the media (Fox) for clicks.

Thirdly, the Dragons would benefit by releasing Hunt this year rather than waiting until the off season. Given it is clear that they are no hope for the finals, they would get some games and time to work on combinations fir potential halves for the 2024 season ... in addition to getting a bit extra in their cap, they extra couple of hundred grand could be enough to land another decent player that helps them reach finals in 2024

Broncos fans... since you can't have Ben H, there is another player available. Come's pretty cheap cos two other clubs are paying most of his salary for you.

index.php

Foordy - BroncosHQ said:
For a start if he came, it would be as a 9 only.

Secondly, it's since been revealed (by Gould, Locky and a few others) that there was actually very little discussions internally and zero discussions with Hunt about him coming here.

Literally all that happen was that when Hunt revealed he wanted a release, we made a quick phone call to the Dragons for a sitrep, to be told it wouldn't happen, so we never thought any more about it ... it was blown massively out of proportion from certain sections of the media (Fox) for clicks.

Thirdly, the Dragons would benefit by releasing Hunt this year rather than waiting until the off season. Given it is clear that they are no hope for the finals, they would get some games and time to work on combinations fir potential halves for the 2024 season ... in addition to getting a bit extra in their cap, they extra couple of hundred grand could be enough to land another decent player that helps them reach finals in 2024

All fair points.

Cleary I haven’t done my homework on this subject ….

Miket12 - NZWarriors said:
Broncos fans... since you can't have Ben H, there is another player available. Come's pretty cheap cos two other clubs are paying most of his salary for you.

index.php
Just for the record, I think we should be looking for a second rower rather than Hunt, but this one is a solid pass, thanks.

💯

Doesn’t benefit them by letting him walk over to a top 4 team to ride your wave… I’d be filthy if I was Izra Mam and whoever you have @6 in reserves
I think you'd find that the majority of Broncos fans are not fussed about if he comes or not... we have been outspoken purely because of the hypocrisy from the media the second it was flagged he could be coming to us (I think it was later indicated this was Ben's preferred scenario).

Whereas literally days earlier they were openly promoting that he make an immediate move to rorters... another superstar to add to their stable.

And Braith had effectively created a rumour of Bhunt to dogs (no conflict there)... and he had been speaking about if for at least a month.

On top of that there have been the previous movements of top tier players for their position going to title contenders a month or so out from finals (TPJ to Panthers and Nofo to Storm), but nothing from the media in regards to integrity of the comp... instead they applauded.

Fans were in uproar over the last two and had already been flagging risks of a possible top liner going to a contender waaaay back then.... but nothing from media or the NRL admin.

Then all of a sudden Broncos put their hand up and it's widespread condemnation and the "system doesnt work and has to change".

The system hasn't been working since 2020, but the NRL doubled down and kept the formalisation of rosters well out beyond June 30... apparently still August 1 this year (ie. 1 month out from finals).

The Warriors and every other club do not benefit from Ben Hunt playing for the Broncos.

I don't see why that matters. It's not meant to benefit anyone else. Sometimes life just isn't fair, but that's the way it is.

If the Dragons kept their end of the bargaining by uniting as a club to work on bringing the club back to it's former glory, Hunt wouldn't be wanting out but they have failed miserably there.

Super Freak - BroncosHQ said:
I don't see why that matters. It's not meant to benefit anyone else. Sometimes life just isn't fair, but that's the way it is.

If the Dragons kept their end of the bargaining by uniting as a club to work on bringing the club back to it's former glory, Hunt wouldn't be wanting out but they have failed miserably there.
And if Nathan Cleary's injury was so bad he was out for the rest of the year, you wouldn't have an issue if the Dragons decided to release him to the Panthers for the rest of the season?

And if Nathan Cleary's injury was so bad he was out for the rest of the year, you wouldn't have an issue if the Dragons decided to release him to the Panthers for the rest of the season?

The Panthers have already gotten a player previously for a finals run.

Literally no one on here likes the current rules ... but are of the belief that if other teams take advantage of them, then why not us.

The other thing every one on here also agrees about is that not one person (at least on the media) complained about the rules until it appeared that we might benefit, in fact quite the opposite, most of the media were discussing who was the best option to take advantage of the current rule.

Offer Hunt a release at the end of this season at no cost to them.

Then tell him to go back to QLD as he won't be needed for the remainder of 2023

Sure the Dragons could save a little bit of salary cap in 2023 which they could use to bring forward payments and free up extra for 2024, but I doubt an extra 150-200k in 2024 is going to make any real difference, especially when Hunt's 1mil is coming off the books at the same time.

Dragon's need to use these remaining games to see what they have beyond Hunt, but they have no real reason to do anything that benefits anyone else, especially Hunt.
This is where the NRL need to step in. Player should have to forfeit the rest of the seasons salary and not allowed to play for any other team until the next preseason starts for whatever team they sign up for. Noone but the player involved should suffer unless it's by mutual decision.
And as for 1 of the broncos forum members saying players will go to union, i very much doubt that except in the very rare case.
Also I'm sure broncos fans are a little bit bias 😂

I'd be just as pissed off as I was when they got TPJ, and when the Storm got Nofoaluma. I do take some stock though in the fact that he's ex-Bronco and there is an air of unfinished business here. Like if Cronk went back to the Storm or even Ponga to the cowboys.

But like @BroncsFan mentioned, there was zero outrage by the media in the TPJ & Nofo occasions, and actual enthusiasm from the media for Hunt at the Roosters, Bulldogs or Titans.

But the Broncos? Hunt is a dead**** and the Broncos are abhorrent for agitating an early release for an under-contract player.

Literally no one on here likes the current rules ... but are of the belief that if other teams take advantage of them, then why not us.

The other thing every one on here also agrees about is that not one person (at least on the media) complained about the rules until it appeared that we might benefit, in fact quite the opposite, most of the media were discussing who was the best option to take advantage of the current rule.

Where did this no one cared narrative come from? People have debated the ideal date for a long time. June 30 was debated then that was made August in 21 because the season was delayed, and it's never gone back.

No matter where they've put it people have hated it or loved it and debated it.

Bennett has called for a transfer window for 20 years.

As @Big Pete has pointed out when Chris Walker got a release from his Souths deal for personal reasons three years early and then turned up at Roosters two weeks later people were ropable.

No more than Shane, who left the Broncos to live with him and keep him on track- fearing what would become of Chris in Sydney.

Thanks mate for leaving me at Souths.

Foordy - BroncosHQ said:

Mate, you guys on paper are fully stocked with good players. It feels like some brown paper bags have been shared.

The thought of you then also getting BH just rubs your everyday Joe Bloggs the wrong way.

Fair game to you if you get him but you’re too.

Roosters, Doggies, Titans aren’t even in the 8

Reynolds for Hunt + Compensation?

Really it's the NRL that need better and more black and white rules. These trades this late usually on benefit the top teams creating a bigger divide. I'm sure the tigers have room. I understand Kerr has left to the dauphins - but he couldn't get game time or a longer contract.... Hunt is different - it's Cherry picking. If you couldn't afford them at the start of the season on full salary - you should be able to beef up your team with one of the better players in the league - especially when you don't have a season ending injury.

Mate, you guys on paper are fully stocked with good players. It feels like some brown paper bags have been shared.

The thought of you then also getting BH just rubs your everyday Joe Bloggs the wrong way.

Fair game to you if you get him but you’re already loaded

Roosters, Doggies, Titans aren’t even in the 8

I don't like the idea of these mid season player swaps unless a club is genuinely trying to offload a guy who can't get a run in their top 17 but is too good for reserves. People leaving bottom 8 teams to hunt a token premiership is something I'll never like.

Most people didn't speak up a ton about TPJ because lets be honest, the Panthers were miles above everyone else that year and adding TPJ was probably the best chance of bringing them back to the pack. Fortunately for them he didn't come up with a TPJ special on Grand Final day.

Having said that, I don't think Hunt joining the Broncos changes things much in regards to the Broncos premiership chances, but it would be a terrible look for the Dragons which is why they can't allow it to happen and I don't think they will.

How many 50 point hammerings do they take before they release him?

The season may well be over for them but geez, it could get really nasty from here on in. Whatever discussion they had, it hasn't really solved the problem based on last night's performance.

It would be hypocritical for any Broncos fan to have a problem with that considering how we got Walsh.

It doesn't bother me. If that's where Hunt choses to go, that's his choice. This system has been around for a very very long time and there's a very long list of players that have switched clubs mid-season and mid-contract.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11