Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 18 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Broncapz - BroncosHQ said:
Satisfying after them blocking Ben Hunt's release.
Block that Dragons.
Meh, think Ben hunt has been a dick with how he went about things especially as he's contracted till end of 25.

Meh, think Ben hunt has been a dick with how he went about things especially as he's contracted till end of 25.
We’re playing a lot of those bottom teams to round out the season. Should mean a few wins where earlier in the season they might have stood up and beaten us.

J_P - NZWarriors said:
I just think it’s a good lesson - if a player is unhappy, it’s pointless trying to make him stay because it’s never going to end well. Bleed someone else as much as you can and move on.

ivanhungryjak - BroncosHQ said:
I just think it’s a good lesson - if a player is unhappy, it’s pointless trying to make him stay because it’s never going to end well. Bleed someone else as much as you can and move on.

If a player is unhappy tough titties

You can play out your time in reserve grade rather than go play for another team

Beastmode - NZWarriors said:
If a player is unhappy tough titties

You can play out your time in reserve grade rather than go play for another team
This old chestnut - play in reserve grade. The player doesn’t benefit, the club definitely doesn’t benefit - everyone loses.

I get that but he just signed an extension, so takes advantage of the security that provides and the club suffers as they aren't looking for another player to replace him, they are recruiting for different positions. Its a difficult situation and if they allow him to go without getting a worthwhile replacement sets a dangerous precedent

Inruin - NZWarriors said:
I get that but he just signed an extension, so takes advantage of the security that provides and the club suffers as they aren't looking for another player to replace him, they are recruiting for different positions. Its a difficult situation and if they allow him to go without getting a worthwhile replacement sets a dangerous precedent
Yep, and this is where the NRL have got to step in and come up with something to discourage breaking contracts - financial penalties or something.

This old chestnut - play in reserve grade. The player doesn’t benefit, the club definitely doesn’t benefit - everyone loses.
Including the NRL if it's a star player like Bhunt, because he's effectively not playing in their competition anymore.

It would also run the risk of the player just up and leaving to union, like SBW.

Also doesnt help fringe first graders, because they get stuck in reggies watching their career die instead of being able to move.

Players sign contracts for security... dragons threw a 2yr deal in front of Ben knowing full well that Hook had near zero chance of seeing it out and he could leave. Ben signed the deal for his guaranteed money, because in the NRL somebody has to pay him until 2025.

If I'm the dragons I want to be making sure all of his contract is paid by someone else and maybe some compo, but mostly I just want my cap space back. Trades are hard in NRL because the players being traded have to want to go. Titans cant just give them someone, because that player still needs to sign a contract to play with the dragons.

If titans dont want to pay full freight and dragons dont budge, then they mutually agree to terminate the contract and Ben goes where he wants for whatever salary he can get, but dragons still get their cap space back.

That's about the best they can get at this stage.

The Warriors and every other club do not benefit from Ben Hunt playing for the Broncos.

If you signed a contract. Honour it. Or play reserve grade. It’s that simple

Beastmode - NZWarriors said:
The Warriors and every other club do not benefit from Ben Hunt playing for the Broncos.

If you signed a contract. Honour it. Or play reserve grade. It’s that simple

It's not the Dragons responsibility benefit every other club in the comp ... they should only do what benefits themselves

Offer Hunt a release at the end of this season at no cost to them.

Then tell him to go back to QLD as he won't be needed for the remainder of 2023

Sure the Dragons could save a little bit of salary cap in 2023 which they could use to bring forward payments and free up extra for 2024, but I doubt an extra 150-200k in 2024 is going to make any real difference, especially when Hunt's 1mil is coming off the books at the same time.

Dragon's need to use these remaining games to see what they have beyond Hunt, but they have no real reason to do anything that benefits anyone else, especially Hunt.

Foordy - BroncosHQ said:
It's not the Dragons responsibility benefit every other club in the comp ... they should only do what benefits themselves

💯

Doesn’t benefit them by letting him walk over to a top 4 team to ride your wave… I’d be filthy if I was Izra Mam and whoever you have @6 in reserves

Loving the competition and banter everyone.
Thank you all for embracing the idea!

JaggedJ - NZWarriors said:
Offer Hunt a release at the end of this season at no cost to them.

Then tell him to go back to QLD as he won't be needed for the remainder of 2023

Sure the Dragons could save a little bit of salary cap in 2023 which they could use to bring forward payments and free up extra for 2024, but I doubt an extra 150-200k in 2024 is going to make any real difference, especially when Hunt's 1mil is coming off the books at the same time.

Dragon's need to use these remaining games to see what they have beyond Hunt, but they have no real reason to do anything that benefits anyone else, especially Hunt.
Hunt is reportedly on 1.2m.
July 1 is 8 months into the NRL contract year. So the dragons save 400k by releasing him early, or or at least 333k if he's on just a mil.

You can get a pretty good player for those savings.

Kimlo - BroncosHQ said:
Hunt is reportedly on 1.2m.
July 1 is 8 months into the NRL contract year. So the dragons save 400k by releasing him early, or or at least 333k if he's on just a mil.

You can get a pretty good player for those savings.

Matt Lodge?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10