Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
not 100% sold on the obstruction but thought JWH should have been in the bin. 5 head highs, a connonball and forward pass offside account for most of the penalties unlike the usual "ruck" penalties

it seems roosters can have the third tackler go below the knees despite the new rule???

In Melbourne this weekend and the T20 on Gem. No computer where I am and didnt fancy paying to watch on IPhone so a replay for me when I return home. Kept touch on Twitter and sounded like we copped the rub of the green ( for once. ) but a win is a win and against the Premiers is very sweet!!

GO MANLY

Roosters were awful in the ruck it's the reason they look so dominant in defence. Will lose a lot more penalty counts

Amazing what happens when they actually call forward passes and blow the appropriate amount of penalties against them.

Well done Manly, great win. Can gloat all week end now.

Was hard to get a gauge on many penalties watching on TV, but I agree, about time we got the rub of the green for a change, and the Roosters' spoiling tactics exposed for what they are.

They SHOULD continue to lose penalty counts if they don't stop all the cynical shortcuts.

Maria is a first class grub. Ashamed that he's a Manly junior... but VERY proud of our effort, too.

That's all I wanted from them tonight and now we've beaten South's and the Chooks by round four ( without Snake, King, Jorge AND Gifty in the end).

We have those monkeys off our back and should only get better from here! MANLY 4 EVA.

I think the fact the Roosters are now well known to deliberately give up penalties is causing the refs to really crack down on them and rightly so.

RiverEagle said:
That's all I wanted from them tonight and now we've beaten South's and the Chooks by round four ( without Snake, King, Jorge AND Gifty in the end).

+ should have beaten Melbourne

How good does that feel? I kept waiting for the Roosters to get their try and when it finally came, they screwed it up.
Very gutsy performance from all the boys. Considering the players they had out and losing Glenn in the 1st half, to hold them to nil is a fine effort.
Great start to the weekend.

eelcatcher said:
Phew, lucky for obstruction, so different without Shame Hayne. Pierce ran behind ball player. That is obvious, sucked in Rooster fans.
When Tupou crossed, Wolfy had run out of the line & was way out of position. It looked bad.

I hate doing this in March, but this is premiership building footy.

It's ugly, it's grinding, it has mistakes, but we are completely throwing our opposition for sixes and they don't know how to respond.

We are putting down a solid base, we just need to keep building on that, as the season goes on and our footy gets cleaner and cleaner, we are going to look a force.

Broncos and Dragons I think will fade in coming weeks.

Our forwards completely stood up today against a bigger stronger pack, and pushed them into mistakes.

Lyon and Wolfie were what helped Hiku have such a strong game. The roosters left edge is an incredible force and we just completely defended them out of the game. Toovey tactics in this one were just awesome. Every time they tried to kick to the left wing we had 3 blockers and denied Toupo the chance to jump and gave Jennings absolutely no space.

The footy is still ugly but we are dismantling them. Rabbitohs had no answer once we killed their game plan and got in their faces.

Storm were lucky and given a ride.

Parra we all played ugly and we got away with it

Roosters, we pushed away from their game plan, and they had no answer or plan b.

Their coach who is apparently the best coach in the world according to the channel 9 team said it all when at half time he said "We just need penalties to go our way and we will get over the top of them in the last 20"

Worst game plan ever!

The chooks backed themselves on losing penalty counts for the whole of 2013. Maybe in 2014 they'll have to play by the rules.
Against the odds, Manly wins. Proud of our team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10