Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Premiers said:
rosco said:
the mauler said:
Premiers said:
Congratulations Manly, that was one hell of a match, similiar to the first finals match last year.

Absoultely outstanding defensive efforts from both sides. It is a clear indicator that these two sides will be close again come finals.

An 11-2 penalty count will always help. My personal favourite was when Friend ran into two offside markers who had their arms in the air and Cummins still called held.

I was almost mad before i realised we won the Grand Final last year (lol).

Early days, proud to be a Roosters fan, see you all at Brooky!

It's funny how the most penalised team in the comp didn't concede a penalty for the last 65 minutes in the GF... Bet you weren't complaining about that???
Not to mention the gridiron pass that won you the game..

Ballin was the marker who had his hands up. The second marker was square and made the tackle. Friend ran into Ballin who made no attempt to touch him. If that is your biggest complaint about the ref they had a good game. One word for Manly's performance -DISCIPLINED.

One thing i will say, Manly struggled to put the game away on the back of 11 penalties. Against any team other than the Roosters, and they are usually the one on the wrong end of the count. This is why i think your mob won't be able to win a premiership (unless it's against Souths, who choke). Because in finals matches, the refs tend to put the whistle away, and when they come up against defensive teams, they will struggle to score points.

Get out of here with your passive aggressive crap

SeaEagleRock8 said:
@Premiers Grand final is old news, stop prattling on about it. Chooks are in for a tough year, haha, Maria should get 5-7 for that effort, repeat offender.

Any news on Gift, looked pretty bad?

Fair point, i won't mention the Grand Final anymore. 26-18

I suspect JWH will get 2-3 weeks, but we aren't a one man team. 26-18

One great player goes down, and we send in another to take his place. 26-18 We have some decent front row depth tbh. 26-18

Premiers said:
One thing i will say, Manly struggled to put the game away on the back of 11 penalties. Against any team other than the Roosters, and they are usually the one on the wrong end of the count. This is why i think your mob won't be able to win a premiership (unless it's against Souths, who choke). Because in finals matches, the refs tend to put the whistle away, and when they come up against defensive teams, they will struggle to score points.

You won't have Hayne in every finals game buddy. Tonight is what happens when referees apply the rules.

Premiers said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
@Premiers Grand final is old news, stop prattling on about it. Chooks are in for a tough year, haha, Maria should get 5-7 for that effort, repeat offender.

One great player goes down, and we send in another to take his place. 26-18 We have some decent front row depth tbh. 26-18

Haha. Hats off to you Premiers. Agreed, I thought your team played pretty well. But just remember you are only as good as your last game chauuuuuuummmp ;)

Clint said:
Premiers said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Haha. Hats off to you Premiers. Agreed, I thought your team played pretty well. But just remember you are only as good as your last game chauuuuuuummmp ;)

Completely agree, and tonight we weren't good enough.

Hats off to your boys again, I'm off the site now, have a good one!

Premiers said:
rosco said:
the mauler said:
Premiers said:
Congratulations Manly, that was one hell of a match, similiar to the first finals match last year.

Absoultely outstanding defensive efforts from both sides. It is a clear indicator that these two sides will be close again come finals.

An 11-2 penalty count will always help. My personal favourite was when Friend ran into two offside markers who had their arms in the air and Cummins still called held.

I was almost mad before i realised we won the Grand Final last year (lol).

Early days, proud to be a Roosters fan, see you all at Brooky!

It's funny how the most penalised team in the comp didn't concede a penalty for the last 65 minutes in the GF... Bet you weren't complaining about that???
Not to mention the gridiron pass that won you the game..

Ballin was the marker who had his hands up. The second marker was square and made the tackle. Friend ran into Ballin who made no attempt to touch him. If that is your biggest complaint about the ref they had a good game. One word for Manly's performance -DISCIPLINED.

This is why i think your mob won't be able to win a premiership (unless it's against Souths, who choke). Because in finals matches, the refs tend to put the whistle away, and when they come up against defensive teams, they will struggle to score points.

Umm we have won 2 GF's in the last 7 years and played in 4. We were robbed in the 2013 GF by horrific referring by your 18th player Shane Hayne and lost to a salary cap cheating Storm in 2007. If anything the Roosters are the ones that wont win another premiership any time soon. You have only beaten the Broncos and Parra this year lol...

I think we looked pretty slick when we had close to our first team out (the first 40 v the storm) the shame is we have not had that since....

Dan said:
Their coach who is apparently the best coach in the world according to the channel 9 team said it all when at half time he said "We just need penalties to go our way and we will get over the top of them in the last 20"

Worst game plan ever!
Haha, yeah, that's not a game plan, that's a Prayer.

I'll go back and watch the game again and focus on the refereeing.

After last week's blow ups by Squeels fans, I'm currently doing the same with that game. In all honesty, with no bias, there is absolutely nothing whinge about.

Every single penalty was legitimate with the exception of one which was for not being square at marker...they could have let that go. I noticed one instance when we came up with a hand on the ball and they didn't ping us at about the 70th minute.

Their fans may have been disappointed to lose but to blame the pinkies was just wrong.

11-2 is a heavy count. But if they're breaking the rules (which I'm in little doubt they are being serial offenders).......what the hell do they expect ?

After what happened in the GF, any whinging from the Rorters will be met with utter derision I'm afraid.

No doubt we got the rub of the green tonight and we'd be screaming from the rooftops if the shoe was on the other foot. Every call went our way. I can not remember the last time that happened.

Another dastardly deed that was foiled was when Shaun KD walked off the mark a Metre & a half.
The Ref had him play it on the correct spot, but they do try it on.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8