PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Even with the outs it’s hard to see a win for us.

We’ve just forgotten how to play as a team for 80 minutes.

There’s a chance I guess but it would be a bloody big surprise.
I agree and that biggest fact for me, they have forgotten how to win , even if say we are leading by 8 with 2 minutes to go we would some how stuff it up.

I agree and that biggest fact for me, they have forgotten how to win , even if say we are leading by 8 with 2 minutes to go we would some how stuff it up.
There’s no doubt we can play as a team , for short periods of time but consistently over 80 minutes there’s no chance.

And the trouble is every single time we drop the intensity we cop a score against us.

So the million dollar question - at 4pm this afternoon will Des change the side (other than injuries)? I say that DEs will keep Parker / Jetski / Croker. Keep Walker at F/B/ have a 5/8 play in the 2nd row out of position.
One change, Saab dropped in predicting.

So basically they're just wanking rather than rising to the occasion for a sustained amount of time.

You've summed it up bozo.
Ladies know best .

Des does not need Green as his assistance
He needs our very own nicci !!!

This is an opportunity to take advantage of a team that is weakened by injury and suspension. Our challenge will be to out toughen them and they have proved over and over that they can overcome the adversity of playing away from home and located away from home for a sustained period.

If we are any chance, we MUST respect the ball, complete our sets. Watch their attacking kicking game as they score a lot of tries from that method and our attitude MUST be spot on!

The only way we'll beat anyone is to toughen up. We are not playing for one another like Melbourne does every week. Melbourne no longer has any high-paid players, but they have a work ethic that turns little-known players into champions. All of their players have come from other clubs, many of them unwanted. I just admire how these players compete on every play. They make a tackle yet pull themselves up and race to make another.
Our blokes think the work is done when they make that first tackle.
You know that when Melbourne plays they will always be in the contest. They may get beaten occasionally, but never thrashed.

Or we lose 9-10 atraight, Hasler still stays, Walker/Sirro/Garrick/Parker/Jetski are all re-signed and we continue to sail full-steam at the iceberg (which somewhat resembles a spoon)...

...all of which seems very likely at this point...

Cant argue with that, given what we are seeing from the club your scenario does seem more likely.
But at least if after losing 9/10 straight and the club still refuses to act I can walk away guilt free.

The only way we'll beat anyone is to toughen up. We are not playing for one another like Melbourne does every week. Melbourne no longer has any high-paid players, but they have a work ethic that turns little-known players into champions. All of their players have come from other clubs, many of them unwanted. I just admire how these players compete on every play. They make a tackle yet pull themselves up and race to make another.
Our blokes think the work is done when they make that first tackle.
You know that when Melbourne plays they will always be in the contest. They may get beaten occasionally, but never thrashed.

I don't get all these posts that say our team needs to toughen up , etc

We have at least 4 players (Garrick, Parker, Croker & Goe****ski) who are starting every week that are not good enough to be there.
Dropped balls, forward passes, missed tackles, no value add at all is what we get from these guys and this has to impact the other players.
That puts huge pressure on the other 9.
You simply cannot carry this much dead wood and be competitive.

How can you get motivated if you play in a team where it doesn't matter how hard you try you know you have 4+ weak links who for sure are going to f*** up anyway.

I will bet any money as soon as these guys are gone, the whole team performance improves and you will see the "toughen up" come back.

This is an opportunity to take advantage of a team that is weakened by injury and suspension. Our challenge will be to out toughen them and they have proved over and over that they can overcome the adversity of playing away from home and located away from home for a sustained period.

If we are any chance, we MUST respect the ball, complete our sets. Watch their attacking kicking game as they score a lot of tries from that method and our attitude MUST be spot on!
Mmmm, you’ve obviously been watching another side because to do all that , from where we are , seems absolute light years apart !!

Yep maybe true, but before kick off please let us have a small moment to imagine we can,.............. there we go back to reality, yer, nah, yer, I’m going out on a limb and saying we can win this one, funny how things can turn, when the Warriors beat Canberra and we got whipped by the Dragons, I said we had no chance, the pendulum has swung a little and I think we are better than a slight chance.

Mmmm, you’ve obviously been watching another side because to do all that , from where we are , seems absolute light years apart !!
Everything is possible if we make it possible

It is is up to Des and the boys to make this win possible

We can turn things around because our biggest obstical to winning is our selves

We need to challenge our inner soul and spirit and over come our lack of confidence and start to believe that we are much better than what we have shown in the past

Once we start to believe again , We start to play to our potential again and we start to win again

A big part of winning is believing

Everything is possible if we make it possible

It is is up to Des and the boys to make this win possible

We can turn things around because our biggest obstical to winning is our selves

We need to challenge our inner soul and spirit and over come our lack of confidence and start to believe that we are much better than what we have shown in the past

Once we start to believe again , We start to play to our potential again and we start to win again

A big part of winning is believing

Totally agree

Keep it simple use the middle forwards
Turn up in defence
Stop the silly drop balls in our own half
Do something other then a **** bomb to saab for the 5th tackle option
And they got a chance to win. It would be huge for the players if they can somehow come away with a win here but it ain't gonna be easy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10