Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tom only saw about 4 minutes tonight, but I am glad about that. I would prefer him eased into first grade to get confidence rather than bring thrown in the deep end like Lachlan Croker was where his confidence could be shattered in quick time.

I hope Baz persists with him though because even as a virtual rookie I think Tom has a lot more to give as a bench utility than Lewis Brown.

I think he'll go back to the Reggies for now. They'll want him to be getting good game time to prepare him later in the year for a more permanent spot. Sitting on the bench for a back is not producing good tough game time. OK for a forward because they still get a tough workout even if only 20-30 mins. Backs dont.

Barrett wouldn't know potential if it smacked him in the face. He is dumb as dog s@$t. His refusal to promote youth and Hastings is evidence of his lack of football acumen.
It may not always be about football acumen. It could be about building a positive culture and doing what needs to be done. Unless you know more than me, we are going to have to bow to the greater knowledge of those "in the know". N.B. That doesn't include the media. You know why? Because they know ...

I think he'll go back to the Reggies for now. They'll want him to be getting good game time to prepare him later in the year for a more permanent spot. Sitting on the bench for a back is not producing good tough game time. OK for a forward because they still get a tough workout even if only 20-30 mins. Backs dont.

I see your point mate and honestly I find it hard to argue.

You're welcome Trent lol....

Seriously happy to see that TB is open to the idea of blooding these kids tho because the last thing I want to see is another Gutherson or Warea-Hargraves type situation - give them a chance to earn a contract with us (particularly in the situation we have had foisted upon us) or another team will poach them for next-to-nothing... GO MANLY...

The moment he went on the field the Broncos immediately started targeting him, and he never looked comfortable. But still, good to see him getting introduced to first grade slowly.
Very few kill it in their first game tho... its a BIG step up but I think he'll adjust to it given the opportunity...its not like he'll single handedly ruin our season...

I'm just pleased Trent finally gave him some game time. This will encourage the kid big time because he now knows Trent is willing to risk him and give him his shot. Says he's close to full time selection if he now puts in more consistency in the Reggies. That 5-10 minutes on the field says the door is ajar. Now up to Tom. I'm hoping Anderson gets a shot sometime not to far in future in a similar vein.

It was @Bearfax I think ........

Just hate to see very promising talent not given a chance to shine Woodsie. Trent did the right thing here. Anderson next. Let them taste the big time and feel they are in line for a FG position. I would imagine it must boost their confidence and hopefully application greatly.

ps I also suspect Matt Wright has just seen his last first grade match with Manly. If Hodkinson comes to Manly, Suli will take his wing spot at least until Taufua returns and M. Wright will be then second in line behind Tom if we have further losses in the back line.

Last edited:
Just hate to see very promising talent not given a chance to shine Woodsie. Trent did the right thing here. Anderson next. Let them taste the big time and feel they are in line for a FG position. I would imagine it must boost their confidence and hopefully application greatly.

ps I also suspect Matt Wright has just seen his last first grade match with Manly. If Hodkinson comes to Manly, Suli will take his wing spot at least until Taufua returns and M. Wright will be then second in line behind Tom if we have further losses in the back line.

Just on Matthew Wright ..... for a guy who has never been in our top 13 .... he has played an amazing number of games and been a regular FG'er for 2 years .....

I agree he will again miss out when troops return .... but he has given fantastic value and is a much better player that his critics allow .....

Just on Matthew Wright ..... for a guy who has never been in our top 13 .... he has played an amazing number of games and been a regular FG'er for 2 years .....

I agree he will again miss out when troops return .... but he has given fantastic value and is a much better player that his critics allow .....

Agreed. He was always relaible and solid and did his job. He's just not a game changer. We have a couple of those and they need their chance.

Agreed. He was always relaible and solid and did his job. He's just not a game changer. We have a couple of those and they need their chance.

You can stop selling old mate .... I think Baz has put down a deposit ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8