Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
TB said Api will stay at 9 regardless so he has a chance for the blues squad.

Leaves him pretty stuck either Hastings or Wright in 6. Safe bet would be Hastings and Tom Wright on bench...

Someone on here Said last week they saw most of the squad having a laugh at a local cafe which included Hastings. If this really be the case then it's only TB's pride standing in the way.

I love that you love Tom Wright. The first try yesterday was opportunistic, pick up the ball and run 60m against the run of play - good use of his pace. The second try, you or I could have scored, catch a cut out pass and fall over tryline. Look at the rest of his efforts yesterday, look at his intensity, his urgency, his willingness to get involved, his physicality in defence.......virtually non existent. There is no way he gets picked ahead of Matt Wright on that performance yesterday.
As mentioned no way M Wright scores that first try. He did have a number of carries and looked energetic. There was one attempt at try by the dogs where he ran 15m to dive in to assist Anderson to make sure the player was held up. Should he play 6, no. He isn’t ready for that. The idea that he should have got more involved is unfair. He has to stay out and hold his edge, he came in once for a play but otherwise did as all centres do and stay on their edge waiting for their halves to provide them ball to involve themselves and how did he go in those linited chances? Two tries I wish our NrL squad had that conversion rate. How often do we see Kelly or walker coming in losing shape on their edges outside of a kick return? Throw him in the outside backs or as the utility and see how he goes with better players around him.

9A5CBDDB-E37E-405B-B1A9-CDFDE0160F82.jpeg
9A5CBDDB-E37E-405B-B1A9-CDFDE0160F82.jpeg
Where is Wayne? He's not been in his usual seat under Barretts nose in the Jane Try for the last couple of home games...
His been busy with his truck work baz plus his daughters wedding preps.

As mentioned no way M Wright scores that first try. He did have a number of carries and looked energetic. There was one attempt at try by the dogs where he ran 15m to dive in to assist Anderson to make sure the player was held up. Should he play 6, no. He isn’t ready for that. The idea that he should have got more involved is unfair. He has to stay out and hold his edge, he came in once for a play but otherwise did as all centres do and stay on their edge waiting for their halves to provide them ball to involve themselves and how did he go in those linited chances? Two tries I wish our NrL squad had that conversion rate. How often do we see Kelly or walker coming in losing shape on their edges outside of a kick return? Throw him in the outside backs or as the utility and see how he goes with better players around him.
You obviously watch a lot more footy than I do so I'll take your opinion on board. I can only comment on what I have seen of him in a few NYC games and a couple of televised BWSE games. I see a guy with freakish attacking skills, but I just don't see a lot of urgency/effort in his play in general. I want him to be a success for sure, as he has some pure natural talent, but you have also got to work hard to make the most of that talent. It's my opinion only, but at this stage I like more of what I see in Anderson than I do in T Wright. Anyway better judges than me obviously rate him as he was extended another year, so the club see him as a worthwhile investment. Maybe I'm just too impatient and want that investment to mature a bit quicker

I do agree that at some stage we have to give him a go and see if he rises to the challenge, and I think the best option there is on the wing - much like we did with Gutho in the early days. Maybe he is just one of these players that lifts to the standard of the contest he is involved in. If Matt Wright fails his concussion protocol then it would be the perfect opportunity to give him a run - better him than Jono Wright. He'll get named in the 21 man squad tomorrow - that's a given.

You obviously watch a lot more footy than I do so I'll take your opinion on board. I can only comment on what I have seen of him in a few NYC games and a couple of televised BWSE games. I see a guy with freakish attacking skills, but I just don't see a lot of urgency/effort in his play in general. I want him to be a success for sure, as he has some pure natural talent, but you have also got to work hard to make the most of that talent. It's my opinion only, but at this stage I like more of what I see in Anderson than I do in T Wright. Anyway better judges than me obviously rate him as he was extended another year, so the club see him as a worthwhile investment. Maybe I'm just too impatient and want that investment to mature a bit quicker

I do agree that at some stage we have to give him a go and see if he rises to the challenge, and I think the best option there is on the wing - much like we did with Gutho in the early days. Maybe he is just one of these players that lifts to the standard of the contest he is involved in. If Matt Wright fails his concussion protocol then it would be the perfect opportunity to give him a run - better him than Jono Wright. He'll get named in the 21 man squad tomorrow - that's a given.

Jono is also out injured, if Matt fails its Tom or Funa as they are all we have left.

Bring it on. Barrett has shown he is not shy to bring in new blood. Going back to his first match when he selected Green as a backrower! Des Hasler he is not. He's had some success with Paseka's debut so I won't be surprised if he rolls the dice again with a young player.

Love your work Manly Al, I too have been supportive of Barrett. He appears to have passion for the boys and rides the ebbs and flows wholeheartedly but if he doesn’t pick T. Wright over M. Wright we might have to picket outside his place... too creepy?

Hastings to 5/8. Api at 9 so we don’t weaken it. T. Wright on the wing to blood him. There would be too much pressure on Tom Wright if he plays 5/8 in his debut considering the media attention on the Hastings issue etc.
Welcome aboard and thanks for the encouragement , just an average Manly supporter trying to make some type of a reasonable contribution to Silvertails . Pretty sure that Uate marked Daniel Toupu last season so if Tom was selected as a winger would probably be up against Manu ? but regardless i reckon that he would go O k . Also played in the trials against the Roosters and also apparently went O K in his time on the field . The fact that he is quite versatile also could be a benefit if he has to cover any particular back line positions in the course of a match . In regard to picketing Trent "s Place , not a good idea now that Trent purportedly has Mickey Mouse as a possible consideration and so would not look forward to the Mickey possibly being taken out on me then .

Why was Tom given a top 30 contract this season when Barrett clearly thinks he is not ready / not good enough!?!? It appears he has as much chance as Jacko of cracking the 17.

This may of been covered earlier but what is going on with Tom Wright?In 2015 there was massive wraps on him with apparently several NRL clubs chasing him(could of been media spin instigated by a certain clown) and he even knocked back the Australian Rugby 7’s side to come to Manly.Im not saying he isn’t a good player but surely he should of got a first grade game by now given all the issues at the club.Is it that he’s not getting the right coaching at the club,is it that they can’t find the right position for him yet,is he a late bloomer or did the media build him up to be something he is not(once again influenced by the aforementioned clown)?He’s still only 20 so I’m certainly not saying he’s a dud,just interested in why he hasn’t played first grade yet

This may of been covered earlier but what is going on with Tom Wright?In 2015 there was massive wraps on him with apparently several NRL clubs chasing him(could of been media spin instigated by a certain clown) and he even knocked back the Australian Rugby 7’s side to come to Manly.Im not saying he isn’t a good player but surely he should of got a first grade game by now given all the issues at the club.Is it that he’s not getting the right coaching at the club,is it that they can’t find the right position for him yet,is he a late bloomer or did the media build him up to be something he is not(once again influenced by the aforementioned clown)?He’s still only 20 so I’m certainly not saying he’s a dud,just interested in why he hasn’t played first grade yet
In his defence he hasn’t really been able to have a season under his belt in the one position since being with us. It was made public Barrett thought his best position would be centre only this preseason. Since then he has played alot of five eighth for Blacktown this season even though trained all preseason as a centre

There are a lot of first graders younger than him so the excuse that he is still learning the ropes is not valid. There even are some first graders at Manly younger than him. He should have made it by now. I'm doubting that he will fulfil all the wraps he received when he signed.

In his defence he hasn’t really been able to have a season under his belt in the one position since being with us. It was made public Barrett thought his best position would be centre only this preseason. Since then he has played alot of five eighth for Blacktown this season even though trained all preseason as a centre
I’m not having a dig at him,I’m just wondering why he hasn’t developed at the rate that the hype had people believe.I wonder if he was at another club whether he’d be at a different level to what he’s at now

I’m not having a dig at him,I’m just wondering why he hasn’t developed at the rate that the hype had people believe.I wonder if he was at another club whether he’d be at a different level to what he’s at now
Yes if there is a reason, I believe this is what it may be

There are a lot of first graders younger than him so the excuse that he is still learning the ropes is not valid. There even are some first graders at Manly younger than him. He should have made it by now. I'm doubting that he will fulfil all the wraps he received when he signed.

No-one is the same, people mature at different speeds. That’s why you’ve got late bloomers. Foran debuted at 18 and looked a natural, James Maloney was 23 and took a while to find his feet. Luke Brooks is only just showing his ability now, whereas Luke Dorn and Brett Firman looked great at young ages and vanished into thin air. Matt King was in reserve grade for years and then came out of nowhere at 23 to end up playing at every level.

Brenton Lawrence was 27 when he debuted!

It has to happen this week because Matt Wright made too many simple errors and added NOTHING today in attack - AND he's not even being kept in the side for his goal kicking anymore (although i can think of one particular shot that i wish he took lol)... TW to inside centre and suli to the wing where he can operate with a bit of space (thought he looked good with limited opportunities today)... the team (ESPECIALLY our much maligned forwards) worked their butts off today but seriously we need more attacking potency so I ask again...

Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright!

Our season is over, we need to blood some youg players.
Trent plays an overweight slow Suli after being part of Manly for 5 minutes.

T Wright can and will do a better job than Suli and M Wright. I can guarantee he will not drop as many balls as Turbo does.
He can also swap with Walker at 5/8th to make our team stronger.
Wright also has a good kicking game that can help take pressure off DCE.

He just needs to be given a chance.

This is one point I can back TB on not picking Tom Wright. Happy to see youth given a go but Tom is struggling being reserve grade standard.
Maybe in a year or two if his still around, might of left by then

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8