Patience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Passion is the achilles heel on Rugby League forums, no doubt.

Passion blinds logic and people vent their frustrations and that's fine.

As passionate as I am, I choose to remove my emotions from the situation for a moment and think rationally.

We don't need a new coach. He has been to five Grand Finals; too many for luck to play a part.

DCE is an Origin winning Captain. The squad is littered with talent. Enough to compete each week in this competition.

Tom T is a big out for us and the Fainu situation has meant we are down a genuine 9.

We will get Tom T back and we have enough to suggest that we will weather this storm. It just hasn't been a great start to the year...it happens. That's RL.

Keep the faith and get behind the club instead of knocking it when it's down. We need genuine supporters, not stone throwers. If you wanna throw stones, go for it. But the rest of us will enjoy future success so much more because we stuck solid during the tough times (which I might add, are not that tough when compared to say, Parramatta's history).

I think the vast majority of people are right behind the side and are just frustrated with the fact they see no improvement or strategy that suits the modern game. I still get nervous each week hoping for a win. And I’m sure the lads are trying.

Not sure if you’ve watched many of the other games this year but this side is just so far off playing the type of fast up tempo footy that is required under the néw rules.
I’m sure the players are trying hard - the simple fact is that we are a slow side unsuited to the modern game with a ridiculous roster featuring no hooker and one person capable of playing fullback.
That’s not going to change for the foreseeable future this season and that’s why we are and will be a bottom four side, regardless of the effort which I’m sure is there.

We have the wrong cattle, injuries, absolutely no speed and a game plan from three years ago unfortunately.Effort is great but it won’t fix this.

Last edited:
@Snake you always have quality posts and it’s more than obvious you are very connected and close to the team. So I completely get your natural reaction is to protect them .

BUT, fans have every right to be angry/disappointed in this team. We have lost 11 out of 12 ( more?). So I ask when do we lose patience?
When we receive our first spoon?
When we break the record for most points conceded?
When do we see a real reaction from those close to the club??

Because on a day when we lost our first ever Premiership winning captain and we get another inept performance, I suggest if you are as close to the playing group and staff as I think you are, then you need to tell them ITS NOT FUKING GOOD ENOUGH and enoughs enough. Because you are correct , we aren’t Parramatta. We don’t accept mediocrity or worse. And REAL fans such as myself and others will hold them accountable because no player, no coach is bigger than this club.

That's all fine and good... however, Tommy Tissue and Fainu have been long term issues and not like they just happened unexpectedly. The fact they have been long term issues and we have done zero to plan around them is just mind-boggling.

And yes, DCE is an "origin" winning captain... at what stage do you think it is reasonable for us to ask him produce those types of results and form for the club?

What is so illogical about getting upset with poor performances? Quite frankly, if I wanted to twiddle my thumbs and get all zen about the performances I probably wouldn't bother following a sports team.

I tend to agree that there is a lot of over-reaction, but I expect it. I personally don't want to throw the coach out (at least yet), but I do get the angst amongst others with him.

I’m with Susan rather than snake on this one. Both posters who I admire and always take time to read their input.

For me, the evidence of last and this season is that we don’t have a (currently) good coach, we don’t have a level headed and inspiring captain. We don’t have a well balanced squad with all the right pieces and we don’t seem to have the attitude or fortitude to change it.

Patience isn’t going to fix this. Sure Tom will make a difference as will playing teams more on our level. But having to acquiesce to that in round two and accept that we are making up the numbers yet again is a pretty foul tasting pill to swallow.

The most frustrating thing for me is that I see no recognition in this years strategy, structure and game play that suggests the coaching stuff saw what went wrong last year and took steps to remedy that. A five time grand final appearing coach would not err in that way you would think. Also looking so unfit and unprepared is unforgivable at the start of the season.

The club/team/staff have a lot to changeup before we arnt just making up the numbers again, And if they want our faith, support and patience it would be nice if we could see that these changes are at hand.

Last edited:
In general I think each and every week at every club players run into that field with a view to trying their guts out.
The issue with us is simply we do not have the cattle due to poor roster management and some bad luck ;nor do we have a game plan that suits the Rugby League 2021.

All you need to do is watch the first half from Storm last week.If you do that it is so damn obvious - and that’s the bit that hurts. We are not in the same universe.

In general I think each and every week at every club players run into that field with a view to trying their guts out.
The issue with us is simply we do not have the cattle due to poor roster management and some bad luck ;nor do we have a game plan that suits the Rugby League 2021.

All you need to do is watch the first half from Storm last week.If you do that it is so damn obvious - and that’s the bit that hurts. We are not in the same universe.

Pretty sure we are in the same universe. (There's only one universe)!
There is an awful long way to go in this season, right now our biggest weaknesses could all become strengths by year's end. Namely, halves, fullback, and yes, even hooker.

Remember
No Turbo
No Fainu
No Lawton
No Siro
No Olakau-atu
Davey and Cust played 5 minutes each.
Thats a pretty considerable injury toll to come up against a heavy weight in the competition. We aren't as far off as people think! It simply comes down to we have NO starting 9 and NO back up fullback... add to that a significant injury toll only 2 rounds in!

As passionate as I am, I choose to remove my emotions from the situation for a moment and think rationally.

We don't need a new coach. He has been to five Grand Finals; too many for luck to play a part.

DCE is an Origin winning Captain. The squad is littered with talent. Enough to compete each week in this competition.

Tom T is a big out for us and the Fainu situation has meant we are down a genuine 9.

We will get Tom T back and we have enough to suggest that we will weather this storm. It just hasn't been a great start to the year...it happens. That's RL.

Keep the faith and get behind the club instead of knocking it when it's down. We need genuine supporters, not stone throwers. If you wanna throw stones, go for it. But the rest of us will enjoy future success so much more because we stuck solid during the tough times (which I might add, are not that tough when compared to say, Parramatta's history).
The reality is Dce the Qld captain by default and had very little influence on that series. Imo he not owning games and was million dollar half because snake, gifty, killer, choc and Stevie made him look good. If you think this contract not killing our roster look at releases Afb and Api given we are over paying this myth.
I threw the toys out of the cot last week and blamed Des however he signed next to none of these players. it's pretty clear this joint needs a rebuild

For all the predictions of Souths winning by 30+ we actually lost that match more than they won it. We actually had glimpses of being a proper football team tonight.

Yes there are glaring issues evident to the armchair coach and some changes that need to be made to fix them (some more difficult than others)... but I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some here will have you believe.

I think it’s time for players to be accountable
Too many mediocre performances
Garrick , Parker , Suli ,Croker , Gowelski are just not offering enough , Bring in the players to put the pressure on , from Reggie’s it might not change the results but it makes a player work harder to get back in and stay there , and it also makes the player that comes in to take his chance

Patience is all we can display ,because we have absolutely NOTHING at the moment.
Half our team are reserve graders and the ones that are first grade material are mentally weak and showing no heart.
Just sit back and wait and hope we can fluke enough wins to stave off the spoon.

All good being patient, but its pretty obvious to me that our season is as good as finished.....after 2 rounds.
We are light years away from Melbourne, Penrith, Roosters and Canberra.

We are the Bulldogs, but with more superstars.

DCEs first 3 involvements in the game yesterday were abysmal. He is a good enough player to work his way out of this clear form slump, and we desperately need him to.

I'm loving the news regarding re-signings and recruiting. Looks like we are heading in the right direction. It's a pity it won't help us much this year.

It’s clear that if this season is to be filled with any sort of hope, when Tom comes back in the next few weeks he has to be staying on field.

The draw isn’t a kind one to start the year with three of the competition favourites in the first month of the comp.

I’m happy to have patience until he comes back in and se what our attack looks like then, because it’s nowhere near where it needs to be at the moment.

Aside from Tom, injuries are already starting to build, all in one position unfortunately. If those keep mounting Tom won’t make a difference.

Remember
No Turbo
No Fainu
No Lawton
No Siro
No Olakau-atu
Thats a pretty considerable injury toll to come up against a heavy weight in the competition. We aren't as far off as people think! It simply comes down to we have NO starting 9 and NO back up fullback... add to that a significant injury toll only 2 rounds in!
Heartbreaking for Davey mate. Really great story him making his debut at 28. RL can be Really cruel at times. Hes got a bit of mongrel in him. He will be missed, no doubt he will be back though.

Remember
No Turbo
No Fainu
No Lawton
No Siro
No Olakau-atu

Obviously Tommy can be a matchwinner but the other four names are neither here nor there. We're in a massive hole and it can't see a way out just yet.

Patience wont do anything sorry this is what happens when you have a number of players playing 1st grade that shouldnt be..there are quite a few that just arent good enough..its expected when you have a huge chunk of cap on 3-4 players that cant win games consistently or are constantly injured

Well I can say I saw some positives - the attack was terrible - DCE 's form is horrid. Davey's loss is hard to take especially given he had to tidy up a horrible DCE pass and because I honestly think/thought he brings the attitude we desperately need and he looked like he would make a huge difference. We made way too many basic errors - a team out of form must hold onto the ball - just criminal making those stupid errors especially loose carries while getting tackled and in the ruck. But the forwards were good, the effort in the main was there - we didn't just lie down and get run over. I agree with Snake when you train all off season and then there are significant injuries just before round 1 and then after round 1 and during round two - Turbo, Sironen, Davey that is going to significantly impact on the side's attacking play as well as the workings of the defence. If those injuries were after 10 or 15 weeks - well into the season we might be in a better position to handle them because the team would have been used to each other by then and used to Foran and the style of play we now want to play and certainly more used to the slide defence strategy. I am guessing we haven't just changed our defence from up and in - to slide but I gather our attack has changed to accommodate Foran. That all takes time to gel. Only having 1 trial is a problem and has caused the clunkiness along with the injuries. I get the not wanting to get injuries but 1 trial - crazy! I still say Croker is not the man at hooker - still say it was stupid to put Walker at fullback essentially meaning you take our best centre by far and use him to plug a gap which then creates a massive issue at centre. Still say Keppie and Boyle are just plodders. Davey was a shining light - now gooorne. Let's get Walker to Centre - Harper to fill in until Turbo gets back, Cust to Hooker, Guacomle to second row when he returns, Turbo back in hopefully two weeks, Garrick out for Funa/Harper/Tippytoes - anyone, Sironen back. I read that Cust was injured - not sure what happened there. I must say it is disgraceful that we as supporters are having to look for some light in a dark tunnel. We expect more from this club and this team. We are used to quality and excellence and the performances to date are not acceptable. There are reasons but some of the reasons were preventable - ie no trials, right selections but we now need action - action on the field. Now is not the time to want to sack Des, blame the Penns, blame the salaries of high profile players, whinge about Fainu's lack of replacement bla bla bla. Now is about us getting behind this club and Des and the players digging us out of this mess. We still have a bloody decent side albeit needing some changes with the players we do have... not the ones we dont - injures/suspended or not even on our roster. One last thing - Des didn't throw any of those disgraceful passes, Des didn't drop the ball as he got up to play it, Des didn't miss those tackles. Des needs to pick the right players for the job - but those 17 players - well 16 because Davey was blameless - those 16 players need to be the ones taking full responsibility. The players need to get some grit and just go back to playing simple no frills footy until they get the confidence back and that means - smash it into the middle for three - a play to one side for 4, another smash it in or a scoot from dummy half for 5 - then kick and do it over and over - error free and DCE must take the line on directly - not sideways. The Titans on Friday night pretty well did just that - forwards smashing it and I mean smashing it in and it was just a simple game plan. Do you think Terry Randall, Ian Martin, Eadie, Kosef, Toovey etc would be looking for someone/something else to blame?

Hi Sue,

Not in the same league atm but I honestly think a few key players returning will balance the side and we will play a lot better.

This is how I see it. ALL our attack and structure is still based on either Foran or DCE creating something standing flat footed, its predictable and easy to read, slow and both are not in good form, especially DCE but they can turn it around.

Unlike the other top sides, currently we have no strike or ball playing options from the edge back row. Look at Penrith, Rooster, Parra, Melbourne, Raiders etc A perfect example is Broomich from Melbourne. Constantly a threat on the edges and engages the defence and plays a link for his outside backs. We need more of this.

We have no strike from our full back. Tom back is like another 5/8 as well. He plays on both sides, gets into dummy half. So much attack revolves around him.

No hooker. These are game managers in their own right. Cook, Grant, Api. Api controls a lot of the play at panthers. Engages the defence, keeps them guessing. Is a constant threat. We are desperately missing this. Currently crocker just passes to Foran or DCE and expect them to do something, but its so easy to read. There is no depth in the attack. No running game either.

Walker needs to return to centre. Suli needs to get involved like Matai did. Come looking for the ball. Wind up and take a hit up first off the ruck.

We lack go forward from the back 3 to get us on the front foot.

This can all be fixed, we have the squad. Just about getting the side onto the park and building. We don't have depth to be competitive if players are out. DCE needs to lift big time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8