Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know Parker had a number of head hits in the past that had us all a bit concerned, but I don't recall that being such an issue the last couple of seasons?
Maybe I notice it more because whenever he runs the ball out of our red zone, he invariably cops stuff around his melon. At one point, I thought the refs had made up a rule. The Parker rule. As in, he’s used to getting belted, opposition players are used to belting him. Some times he gets a penalty, but what I have noticed this year especially, he doesn’t get them as much now. Hence the Parker rule.
Yes, I know I’m coming off as a Manly conspiracy nut (again ;)).

He might not be getting knocked out as much as he was. But you watch any game he’s in, and count the number of times he gets tackled from the chest-down. It’s not a lot.
CTE can often manifest years later. The damage has already being done.
We (as a game), need to knock this on the head much earlier than it is now (yes, pun intended).

Concussion is & will be a real problem for the game going forward. It seems that over recent years players coming out of the red zone pick a mark on the ground to get to, which then allows a quick play so they can get a roll-on for the team. The problem for Parker & others who do this, is that the defenders tackle area is then at head height.
The more that comes out about the results of head injuries, the more parents won't want their kids to play.

Good outcome with Brad re signing, good commitment to the club and his playing attitude .
Good cover for centre naturally and would have to think the at least consideration now in the 2 nd row in future times .
Has "t seemed to have had as many concussion issues in recent times , maybe partly attributed to his running style previously , not to accept of course however the occasional higher contact on him . Surprising that as he is quite tall why the tendency for some defenders to have gone a bit high on him though .
Always tries to give his all and can not ask for much more then that . Have to think in general having a bit more pace along with Koula in the centres a better option and with Garrick reverting there .
Still a bit of unknown the wisdom of bringing in Taulu but again looks like the club is more inclined to look at some other centre options and Brad and with Tuilagi leaving , could be in line to see how he may go on an edge starting with the trials and in season preparation .

With the off-season in full swing and the Seibs reboot complete, most people's and the media's Round 1 teams are now getting locked in.

In everything I have read no one has Parker even in the 17 at this stage. With his defensive qualities, reliability in terms of consistant performance and club loyalty (anyone see he was the only Manly player mentioned in Cooper John's signoff), what do Silvertailers think of his prospects for season 2024?

For what its worth, I think Scorpio will start in NSW Cup and be cover for centre (first choice back up) and back row (3rd or 4th choice) when the injuries start appearing. Being first choice centre back-up also means that Koula and Garrick would are back-up for you know who so Parker would not be far from the 17 sadly. I don't think he would be wing cover with our new depth in that position.

With the off-season in full swing and the Seibs reboot complete, most people's and the media's Round 1 teams are now getting locked in.

In everything I have read no one has Parker even in the 17 at this stage. With his defensive qualities, reliability in terms of consistant performance and club loyalty (anyone see he was the only Manly player mentioned in Cooper John's signoff), what do Silvertailers think of his prospects for season 2024?

For what its worth, I think Scorpio will start in NSW Cup and be cover for centre (first choice back up) and back row (3rd or 4th choice) when the injuries start appearing. Being first choice centre back-up also means that Koula and Garrick would are back-up for you know who so Parker would not be far from the 17 sadly. I don't think he would be wing cover with our new depth in that position.
Our Great Premiership Winning Godfather started raiding clubs top players in order to win our first premiership and to establish our club as a premier club
Our Godfather like all ruthless Godfathers had no sentiment for the average nice guys
The only sentiment Godfathers have is in getting the job done
The pace of the game has well and truly past players like Parker and Woods .
If Parker and Woods are the best we can do in our NRL line up we are just making the numbers
Both players will not get the job job done against lethal superior premiership contenders like Panthers and Broncos

Last edited:

Wouldn't write off Parker just yet, Sieb's likes him, he's popular amongst the team and Koula likes the support that Parker brings in tight matches. Still prefer Garrick on the wing tbh, that's where he's more dangerous, as a fast finishing high scoring winger. Anyway we'll wait and see, February Trial form could be the deciding factor.

I've been saying for a while that I think he's arguably the best defensive centre in the NRL. The problem is that he has no speed for an outside back. IMO what we'd lose in his defensive efforts we'd make up for with Garrick and Koula's speed.

Maybe Hank Scorpio should don the Beaver headgear and make the move into the back row??

I've been saying for a while that I think he's arguably the best defensive centre in the NRL. The problem is that he has no speed for an outside back. IMO what we'd lose in his defensive efforts we'd make up for with Garrick and Koula's speed.

Maybe Hank Scorpio should don the Beaver headgear and make the move into the back row??
I think No Headgear for Hank
Beaver was Dynamic and he had speed and flair
The one Dimensional slow Parker is no Beaver or Dynamic player in the backs or forwards

Guys like Parker are incredibly important to building a balanced squad. Reliable, experienced, hardworking, loves the club, teammates love him and comes with a comparatively low price tag. Probably doesn't start every game this year but we will be happy have him when injuries/suspensions hit.

Guys like Parker are incredibly important to building a balanced squad. Reliable, experienced, hardworking, loves the club, teammates love him and comes with a comparatively low price tag. Probably doesn't start every game but is happy to play a role when called upon.
My Perspective is the Balance of Power in a squad is a squad that consists of Dynamic speed , power and Skill
The Low price tag comes with you get what you pay for
The reason our Premiership Winning Godfather was successful was because he kept Upgrading players at Manly

If we want to win a Premiership
We need players that can over Power the Panthers balance of power
Dynamic Backs , Powerful Forwards and Skillful halves

1705557431415.png

My Perspective is the Balance of Power in a squad is a squad that consists of Dynamic speed , power and Skill
The Low price tag comes with you get what you pay for
The reason our Premiership Winning Godfather was successful was because he kept Upgrading players at Manly
There is this little thing called a salary cap. Even the Panthers have to have reliable cheap role players to help their guns shine.

Let me take a stab at your response.

Perspective blah blah dynamic blah blah legendary premiership winning standards blah blah salary caps made to be broken blah blah speed kills.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8