Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There is this little thing called a salary cap. Even the Panthers have to have reliable cheap role players to help their guns shine.

Let me take a stab at your response.

Perspective blah blah dynamic blah blah legendary premiership winning standards blah blah salary caps made to be broken blah blah speed kills.
The salary cap is only as affective as the astute people that manage it feathered friend
Ordinary people come up with excuses
Innovative people come up with solutions
And Speed Does Kill
There is No Saabstitute for Speed
Nice chatting with you @Will on the hill :)
1705558578472.png

I think No Headgear for Hank
Beaver was Dynamic and he had speed and flair
The one Dimensional slow Parker is no Beaver or Dynamic player in the backs or forwards

We know he's bot Beaver. No one is Beaver but Beaver himself.

In the past I've been against moving Parker to the back row, but I think now that its making more and more sense. He's not really fast enough to be an outside back, but his pace is just about perfect for the back row. His defence is strong enough for a move to the forwards and he's certainly a willing runner of the ball.

Brad Parker strikes me as the type of player who would be a strong, honest toiler in the back row. Not flashy, leave that to Haumole's offloads and Shoe's no-look passes. Just get out there, do the hit ups, do the tackling ... and he'll do it all with a minimum of fuss. As for the headgear, he has had concussions before. The headgear might help somewhat.

In the past I've been against moving Parker to the back row, but I think now that its making more and more sense. He's not really fast enough to be an outside back, but his pace is just about perfect for the back row. His defence is strong enough for a move to the forwards and he's certainly a willing runner of the ball.

Brad Parker strikes me as the type of player who would be a strong, honest toiler in the back row. Not flashy, leave that to Haumole's offloads and Shoe's no-look passes. Just get out there, do the hit ups, do the tackling ... and he'll do it all with a minimum of fuss. As for the headgear, he has had concussions before. The headgear might help somewhat.
I feel he can mould into a player like liam martin as a backrower who's hard running, runs a strong decoy and does all the little 1 percentages like leading kick chases. To start the season I don't think he will play but if there is an injury or suspension to schuster or olakau'ata with burbo currently in that backrow / centre cover role on the bench I think Parker will take that spot with burbo elevated to the starting side.

I feel he can mould into a player like liam martin as a backrower who's hard running, runs a strong decoy and does all the little 1 percentages like leading kick chases. To start the season I don't think he will play but if there is an injury or suspension to schuster or olakau'ata with burbo currently in that backrow / centre cover role on the bench I think Parker will take that spot with burbo elevated to the starting side.

Easy to forget because its not been a headline but there is also Nathan Brown to consider for the back row. His being there might well push Burbo back to the bench for now.

Brad Parker strikes me as the type of player who would be a strong, honest toiler in the back row. Not flashy,
Thank you for your post reply perspective @HoldenV8
I agree with you that Parker is just an Honest Toiler and Not Flashy
High torque and powerful Dynamic V8 performance back rowers are the way to go into a finals dog fight competing for our 9th Premiership win
The more Dynamic artillery in our ranks the more Dominant Manly team

MANLY DOMINANCE IS POWER AND SUPREMACY
The Powerful and Fearful Premiership Winning Manly Back Row Beast
Always Revved up for the Kill
Ronny Gibbs
1705701961219.png

Nasty experience for anyone but should not take too long to get back into the swing of things as he [ Parker ] seems to have some natural fitness in general .
Pretty obvious with the consideration of Garrick as a centre option last season and ongoing now , Brad would be best served looking at an edge role or certainly also from a coaching perspective .
Wonder how it would go with Jake starting as a 13 and Brad coming on as an edge from the bench and Shu moving back to 13 when the opposition defences may be opening up a bit .
But now the discussion with Brown possibly being in the frame for a 13 role also and Burbo no doubt pressing hard for a bench - utility role as well .
Could be some interesting positional back row options coming up in the trials soon .

Nasty experience for anyone but should not take too long to get back into the swing of things as he [ Parker ] seems to have some natural fitness in general .
Pretty obvious with the consideration of Garrick as a centre option last season and ongoing now , Brad would be best served looking at an edge role or certainly also from a coaching perspective .
Wonder how it would go with Jake starting as a 13 and Brad coming on as an edge from the bench and Shu moving back to 13 when the opposition defences may be opening up a bit .
But now the discussion with Brown possibly being in the frame for a 13 role also and Burbo no doubt pressing hard for a bench - utility role as well .
Could be some interesting positional back row options coming up in the trials soon .
Yep, so many options for bench spots. Not forgeting the likes of Lawton, Arthur and Humphries just to name a few.

Some of us have been suggesting this positional switch for a few years, and I'm hopeful it will be a success. No-one has more grit and determination, and love for the maroon-and-white, than Parker. Doubters will point to his size but there are plenty of good second rowers no bigger. He is a mighty tackler and a strong direct runner. Having him on the bench covers for a backline injury so he should become a valuable cog on the bench.

I like your thinking Al and feel it is very much in line with where Seibs and staff are at in way of options you have mentioned.

I think the 2 pronged options are -
Jake - Adds that determination, leadership and tough defence, great understanding with Tom.
Brown - Aggressive edge with some underestimated ball playing ability also.

Schu - Adds agility (when fit) and freakish footy ability with the best in the game, but will definitely start 2024 as the left edge backrower, but I believe he will "roam" as the season rolls on to create damage on both edges.....but I agree has the qualities to be an outstanding 13 if he can add some more toughness and dig in deeper with the rugged defensive plays ect....in fact, I personally would have Schu run hard, straight, direct lines into the defence early in games before thinking of offloads, passes, stepping to solidarity to his game and build off that, unless of course off the back of a block play where he can pass when needed

I like your thinking Al and feel it is very much in line with where Seibs and staff are at in way of options you have mentioned.

I think the 2 pronged options are -
Jake - Adds that determination, leadership and tough defence, great understanding with Tom.
Brown - Aggressive edge with some underestimated ball playing ability also.

Schu - Adds agility (when fit) and freakish footy ability with the best in the game, but will definitely start 2024 as the left edge backrower, but I believe he will "roam" as the season rolls on to create damage on both edges.....but I agree has the qualities to be an outstanding 13 if he can add some more toughness and dig in deeper with the rugged defensive plays ect....in fact, I personally would have Schu run hard, straight, direct lines into the defence early in games before thinking of offloads, passes, stepping to solidarity to his game and build off that, unless of course off the back of a block play where he can pass when needed
Pretty much the way I'm thinking about the Shoe as well Maxta. If he can add a dummy and go yourself to his repertoire it would make him an even more dangerous player than what he already is. Could be a bit of self preservation on why he doesn't do this play a lot, who knows. He just needs to be that tough footballer again that we all saw in 2021.

Just popping in for a quick visit after long lay off having read material on our red headed, in my opinion, misplaced underappreciated trooper. Do I have to reiterate that I suggested Parker for the back row two years ago. Ho Hum.

Parker is yet to hit his best years, and I suspect in his best position, the back row, he may finally earn kudos from our long suffering support base. May fail but I dont think he will. In size he fits the body shape of some of our best past second rowers. Menzies 98kgs, 1.9 cm height. Watmough 97 kgs, 1.93 cms, Ron Gibbs who was mentioned before 90 kgs and 1.87 cms. Parker is 100 kgs and 1.93 cms. Another young back rower I have high hopes for, Burbo, also stands 1.93 cms but is a little heavier at 105 kgs. So Parker fits the body size.

Then there's this issue of speed. Parker is pedestrian at centre, but that doesn't mean he's slow. Just not fast enough for that position. As a back rower, he will be quite speedy for that position. Even Menzies was a little flat footed when filling in at centre. Parker is a big hard running player, good defender and will be better close in where he doesn't have to cover speedy backs. Bozo mentioned Ron Gibbs for comparison. Gibbs was tough and had running but he was in a good team, yet never represented beyond City Country level. He also suffered numerous concussion issues, like Parker. Parker has already played for the Prime Ministers XIII, so he's already been on the fringe of rep selection.

Just a few thoughts there. Maybe he'll disappear into the ether. But just maybe the change will help him to the next level and a much more valued player than he's been. Over to you guys.

Pretty much the way I'm thinking about the Shoe as well Maxta. If he can add a dummy and go yourself to his repertoire it would make him an even more dangerous player than what he already is. Could be a bit of self preservation on why he doesn't do this play a lot, who knows. He just needs to be that tough footballer again that we all saw in 2021.
Look, noone who understands just a tad about footy would not realise he drips Massive potential....but this means little without the grit and toughness required at NRL level.
I can assure everyone, he is at a very good fitness level which is a huge plus and indicates he has made a choice off field, which is an attitude thing and great 1st step.
I just feel he needs to tuck the "fancy" stuff in a bag and needs to stop thinking "pass'' every touch of the ball, which is sometimes brilliant, yet sometimes simply pushed for the sake of it, putting both himself and team under pressure and losing both possession and field position......
He is a big enough body and still agile, so for a defender Schu would be a nightmare if he decides to start running that ball like a monster, I mean this would also unlock extra options, as he has a great offload in a tackle and this itself in the current game, is the best way to unlock even the best defensive lines on earth - especially the likes of Turbo, Koula and Brooks hanging around....and you know what, if Schu can have the defence fear his running game, his passing game becomes twice as deadly also, as the defence is then in 2 minds rather than 2022/2023 model when it was pass, pass and pass.

Seems like Seibs is building a lot of flexibility into the squad. The list of players that can play multiple positions is constantly growing. DCE, Brooks, Saab, Paseka, Lodge, Sipley are the only ones that will only play 1 position. Turbo and Guac won't be moved but only because they are by far the best options in their position.

W
Seems like Seibs is building a lot of flexibility into the squad. The list of players that can play multiple positions is constantly growing. DCE, Brooks, Saab, Paseka, Lodge, Sipley are the only ones that will only play 1 position. Turbo and Guac won't be moved but only because they are by far the best options in their position.
We have astounding depth this season coming. Best we have had in years.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8