[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it confirmed that Parcell is gone?

I thought he had loads of potential. We better get a decent hooker or DCE might have another disappointing year.

Anyone have Matt Balins phone number?

As much as I don't want Beale I find it hard to believe after losing Barba that they would release Beale. After him they have Jordan Drew,Travis Robinson and Ben Fritz as depth...And they would move into the starting wing position if he goes.

Last edited:
I believe Parcell has both talent and potential, but ...

1) Parcell won't go to England unless Parcell wants to.
2) If Parcell wants to go to England, I would take that as an admission he doesn't think he is up to FG standard yet.
3) A test of how good he is will be if any NRL clubs throw money at him.
4) Nothing Parcell did last year makes me want to cut my wrists at losing him.
5) To believe Bozo/Barrett would make a decision like this without considering all options is ridiculous.
6) Passing is a skill that can be improved by practise and training.

Mate you're entitled to your opinion but usually you sound like a troll. Not saying you are but if you aren't your opinions and knowledge of the game and the team are inferior to a lot of posters on here.

For starters, you are right mongrel is a great thing to have. Api is a fantastic footballer and I love watching him play. But I hate watching him pass. Any manly hooker down to under 14s can pass a better ball than Api.

In that department he's not up to first grade standard.

He is however a bloody gifted footballer and would be my permanent no. 17 if I was picking the team.

He adds spark enthusiasm and creativity.

But if you can't see the potential in Parcell, just like in a previous thread you couldn't see what Lawrence did for us in 2013 - nor the impact he had in the first four games back before injury- r2-6 I think? - then people are going to disagree with you mate.

Cop it on the chin or look a little deeper. Go manly b
Mate you're entitled to your opinion but usually you sound like a troll. Not saying you are but if you aren't your opinions and knowledge of the game and the team are inferior to a lot of posters on here.

For starters, you are right mongrel is a great thing to have. Api is a fantastic footballer and I love watching him play. But I hate watching him pass. Any manly hooker down to under 14s can pass a better ball than Api.

In that department he's not up to first grade standard.

He is however a bloody gifted footballer and would be my permanent no. 17 if I was picking the team.

He adds spark enthusiasm and creativity.

But if you can't see the potential in Parcell, just like in a previous thread you couldn't see what Lawrence did for us in 2013 - nor the impact he had in the first four games back before injury- r2-6 I think? - then people are going to disagree with you mate.

Cop it on the chin or look a little deeper. Go manly b
2,597 positive ratings from 2,155 tells you that (a) i'm not a troll and (b) a lot of posters value my contributions.

Just because I think Parcell is overrated and Brenton Lawrence is an injury prone wash up doesn't mean my knowledge of the game is inferior to whoever you choose to judge me against.

I fail to see how I didn't cop it on the chin either, I was just telling another poster to calm down because his emotions regarding my opinion were a little over the top...quite frankly so are yours.

Who cares if I can't see what you see in player? Sounds like your knowledge of life and emotions are inferior to some posters on here.

We want Nate Myles for his apparent leadership. Tell him to retire. Hire him as a forwards coach for 2 years at 500k a year.

Cap space, and addition by subtraction.

No need to lose our good young players like Buhrer and Parcell.
Agree with that scenario but only if we put him straight on gardening leave. I want him no where our mob.

Look, some decisions made by this club are commendable. I'm impressed by some of the recruits. But fair dinkum they make some dumb moves also. Buhrer was one. Gutherson another. Still not convinced it was smart to let Knight go. But if they let Parcell go, they've got rocks in their head.

Look, some decisions made by this club are commendable. I'm impressed by some of the recruits. But fair dinkum they make some dumb moves also. Buhrer was one. Gutherson another. Still not convinced it was smart to let Knight go. But if they let Parcell go, they've got rocks in their head.

You should hear the debacle over Sironen. I'll PM you.

Hmmmm off season at Manly always fascinating lol I wasn't a Parcell admirer in 2016 personally but given it was his first year in top grade + he had some injuries issue think he deserved another crack in 2017. Thing is he wouldn't have been on big coin I'd imagine so not sure what we're gaining from letting him go if that's the case. I haven't heard much positive said about Beale here but I've always thought he's a very solid player and when he came on the scene a few years back as a fullback I thought he looked the goods tbh - he's a genuine first grader that can play a few positions in the backline so if we were to get him at a fair price I'd be cool with that. Plus he's still only 26 so plenty of potentially good years left in him too

ReadingThePlay‏@ReadingThePlay
Parcell signed 3 yr deal > Manly, now another discarded quickly. The list management & player harmony in the joint at all time low #Bozo

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay 46m46 minutes ago
@talkinsmack23 most quality player managers will only place players there if they have to now, not by choice, as no ones word means anything

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay 40m40 minutes ago
@talkinsmack23 Matagi signing with Eels perfect example, Mgr did everything possible to place him elsewhere than Manly

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay 37m37 minutes ago
@talkinsmack23 now has both Son's and his Daughter employed in the club, will soon enough get one of his Son's appointed to major coach role

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay 39m39 minutes ago
@joedavola76 nah, Barrett fought to retain Buhrer yet was trampled on, caused major fall out

Parcell signed 3 yr deal > Manly, now another discarded quickly. The list management & player harmony in the joint at all time low #Bozo

@talkinsmack23 most quality player managers will only place players there if they have to now, not by choice, as no ones word means anything

@talkinsmack23 Matagi signing with Eels perfect example, Mgr did everything possible to place him elsewhere than Manly

@talkinsmack23 now has both Son's and his Daughter employed in the club, will soon enough get one of his Son's appointed to major coach role

@joedavola76 nah, Barrett fought to retain Buhrer yet was trampled on, caused major fall out

Mate, don't take much credence in a dude called talkinsmack23

Read all this in Twitter. He's usually pretty spot on. I have no idea how a team functions if the coach doesn't have the reins and, for that matter, if his opinion counts for nothing. I feel so sorry for Baz. Lousy way to try to show you are a first grade coach.
My strong feeling is that Bozo only knows one type of team and that's the model that De$ has now shown to be antiquated. Time will tell. But all my feelings in this really are for our coach.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8