ONCE AGAIN WE GET SHAFTED ON THE DRAW...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's not a major problem having a lot of home games to start. Yes, it would be nice to finish the year with more at home but isn't the aim to win most of your home games whenever they are? If we win 8 out of the 10 Brookie games then it doesn't matter if they're in the first half or back half & successful teams can win away from home. We can't win the grand final at Brookie so we need good away form anyway.

I'm happy with the draw.

As far as the families go, maybe the club still do the 6 game Flexi pass and that's sorted.

This thread must be a joke. This is one of the best draws we've had in years. Loving all the Saturday and Sunday fixtures

@lillchip i think its way more important to get off to a flying start considering the position the club is in atm. Your upset about our last 11 games having 8 away games but of those 8 games 5 of them are against Sydney based teams, so if you budget right you can actually go to 8 of the last 11 games of the season.

Bring on 2017!

Last edited:
I think the draw is great
Saturday afternoon footy is back and we have a lot of Saturday arvo and Sunday arvo home games at brookie

Not much to complain about really....

I guess people always find something to complain about...

Compare it to last year where the short turn arounds early on in the season killed us as well as how many Monday night home games??!

To borrow from George Orwell: All clubs are created equal, but some clubs are more equal than others.

To borrow from George Orwell: All clubs are created equal, but some clubs are more equal than others.
5fb4a6bd6c3fb5aeb07178ab16680fa2_400x400.jpeg

In terms of rest and time slots, I like the draw. But if we don't start well we're in big ****. Need at least 5 wins from our first 7 home games. Anything less and we won't be playing finals football.

It is nice to see a good portion of Sunday games for Manly. We can get to a few away games as well.

I dont like giving the donkeys a free ride one bit but the club needs the cash so we have to suck that one up.

Imperative that we start well especially at home cause our home form was very ordinary last year.

The Only real problem I can see...is that we ONLY PLAY NEWCASTLE ONCE!!! There is a sure two points we now have to actually compete for, against another club.

Good away draw schedule in terms of some favourite fixtures for the MWTS.
I've already had a few contacts from people "dusting off the colours" and keen to plan travel so in true "Blues Brothers" style... We'll be getting the band back together.
Info and updates on Silvertails as always folks.
GO MANLY!!

It's not a major problem having a lot of home games to start. Yes, it would be nice to finish the year with more at home but isn't the aim to win most of your home games whenever they are? If we win 8 out of the 10 Brookie games then it doesn't matter if they're in the first half or back half & successful teams can win away from home. We can't win the grand final at Brookie so we need good away form anyway.

I'm happy with the draw.

As far as the families go, maybe the club still do the 6 game Flexi pass and that's sorted.
Sadly the club hasn't offered the 6 game Flexi for a few years now. When I asked why they said ring up and buy another 3 game pass when the other one expires. Poor thinking & a hassle for members :thumbsdown:

Greetings from PNG!! A great draw for the mighty Sea Eagles. How lucky are you folks who can get to a game at Brookie, with 5 of 7 games at our Fortress first up. Get there and enjoy the Saturday and Sunday arvos as I certainly WISH i could. Last year we had reasons to whinge, not this time around with the draw.
Go Manly!! (sorry for not posting a while...internet is as slow as the lizard in my avatar here sometimes!!)

Great to hear from someone in PNG. I've been hoping for quite some time that a PNG rugby league side will eventually be added to the NRL. I know they have been in the Queensland Cup for a few years and going great guns. I also recognise some of the pluses and minuses. Plus that PNG has a population of 6 million and RL is their premier sport. Minus that money, coaching and infrastructure creates some complication. But if they got the allowance other NRL sides are getting they would be well on their way with a little extra corporate backing to make a big impression in the NRL. Any thoughts Goanna.

And you are right. The draw for next year is pretty good and gives Manly a chance to build momentum if they are good enough.

Round one has two purposes for us:
1. Manly v Parra classic battle
2. Betting scandal latest news flash

Indeed, HV8 copy? We are not interested in the cross-country code or its anemic local competition in Adelaide (Hobart on steroids).

You don't have to like the game to hold the administration accountable to the same level.
In fact I would have thought that if you hate AFL so much you'd see the game as a weight around the neck of its administration. And yet they still out-perform ours, making it even worse that those with the luxury of the superior code are unable to reach even the lowly standards of their handicapped competitors.

Wow, so serious right there.

I was hoping someone else would take the bait, but you stepped in!

But look, if you dig the unAustralian game, aka AFL, feel free to discuss it elsewhere.;)

Wow, so serious right there.

I was hoping someone else would take the bait, but you stepped in!

But look, if you dig the unAustralian game, aka AFL, feel free to discuss it elsewhere.

What bait?
You stated your point, I stated mine.
Since when does entering into a discussion with somebody of differing opinions go straight to "taking the bait"?

Did you just take the bait I threw out?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8