ONCE AGAIN WE GET SHAFTED ON THE DRAW...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
First 7 rounds:
5 home games - hopelessly unbalanced which obv only creates a nightmare at back end of season, plus many families can't afford to go to Brookie 5/7 weeks so crowds are affected

Last 11 rounds:
3 home games - yep 3/11 - is this a dead set joke????

Monthly breakdown of home games:
Mar 3
Apr 2
May 0
June 2 (which are insanely 5 days apart)
July 0
Aug 1
Sept 1

That's two whole months of nothing at Brookie, plus in last 3 months only 2 home games.

How can it possibly be fair to play 3 of last 11 at Brookie????

And how is it that the AFL can do an entire season draw where every team plays HOME, AWAY, HOME, AWAY, ETC....??????

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.

love how in one thread its "draw is much better than 2016s... only a couple of 5 day turn arounds, plenty of sunday games , happy days"
open the next thread
"draw is biased against us, poor us, poor manly"

I think the draw is pretty good.

What a totally different start to the year than last year with 7 out of 9 games at home. We can build momentumn and get into the eight early and hopefully stay there! More day games (Sunday and Sat Afternoon) and great origin period where we will play a heavy depleted panthers side and also a sharks side back-uping up on short turn around!

Not playing the sharks, cowboys, parra and broncos twice is also a bonus!

If 5 out of 7 home games at the start is a joke because families can't afford to go that much.....

wouldn't 3 from 11 at the end home games suit these families budgets more?

I'm confused.

or a grapefruit.

dunno which

As mark says....shouldn't this go into the vent thread ( @Jethro ) ?

If 5 out of 7 home games at the start is a joke because families can't afford to go that much.....

wouldn't 3 from 11 at the end home games suit these families budgets more?

I'm confused.

or a grapefruit.

dunno which

As mark says....shouldn't this go into the vent thread ( @Jethro ) ?

The point is that families have weekly/monthly budgets. I doubt many are going to say ooh we can afford 5/7 games now cos we are going to save money at the season end.

And that's not even the main point, which is the fact our team is going to struggle big time.

Buy hey the AFL have no problem releasing an entire draw where EVERY SINGLE TEAM GETS HOME, AWAY, HOME, AWAY......THAT'S THE POINT!

Imagine telling the Swans oh sorry guys you'll only be in Sydney 3 times in the last 11 rounds........it would simply NEVER happen cos the AFL know how to schedule a draw that's the SAME FOR EVERY TEAM.

No problems really - get off to a good start and build momentum early...too many excuses, refs, draws....the players individually stepping up and combining better as a team will decide the fate.
Major injuries are a genuine claim for under performing, but even then not an excuse for bad attitude as shown too often in 2016.
Feeling OK with with the direction so far, but if a team dominates, the Ref is taken out of the game - Killing THAT excuse.
As for the draw - the importance is how Manly play - not the opposition - just get on the field and out enthuse, outsmart and outplay whoever is in front of you - simple.

Without a major part of our salary cap sitting on the sidelines for most of the year like the last few years , Snake, Matai, Lyon, Buhrer then we will be fine.

Greetings from PNG!! A great draw for the mighty Sea Eagles. How lucky are you folks who can get to a game at Brookie, with 5 of 7 games at our Fortress first up. Get there and enjoy the Saturday and Sunday arvos as I certainly WISH i could. Last year we had reasons to whinge, not this time around with the draw.
Go Manly!! (sorry for not posting a while...internet is as slow as the lizard in my avatar here sometimes!!)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6