OLD THREAD: Watmough lost his licence on 12/2/2011 for doing 133km in an 80km zone.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=186481.msg316325#msg316325 date=1297908742]
i dont  count caps has yelling its actually clearer..

jjai, I didn't know you even knew what Caps were .... do you just choose not to use them, even when they belong ?  ;D
[/quote]lol  yeah i knw is should be using caps for manly & place names but i dont ..  its caps all the way or none at all..

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=186481.msg316324#msg316324 date=1297908578]
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=186481.msg316318#msg316318 date=1297907517]
It makes no difference if it is a media beat up or not, this is the world we live in we can't just palm it off as a beat up as no one else cares or will see it this way.

REPORTERS WILL REPORT BAD THINGS ABOUT CLUBS TO SELL STORIES THIS WILL THEN TRANSLATE INTO THE PUBLICS AND THUS FUTURE SPONSORS MINDS.... PLAYERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS AS IT MAKES THE CLUB LOOK BAD.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT THE PLAYERS ARE REPRESENTING OUR CLUB ALL THE TIME DUE TO THE MEDIA AND ANY THING STUPID THEY DO WILL BE REPORTED IN A BAD LIGHT.

Stop f**ken yelling at me. You ain't my Mrs. I get your point mate but it's still a load of s**t that a speeding fine he got a month ago has come to light now. It wasn't a big deal back then so why is it now?
[/quote]

It's a big deal because the bloke was in the +45km/h over the speed limit catagory!How would you like it if he lost control of his car at this speed,and splattered someone you know?Wouldn't be a non-issue,then,eh?That's pretty bad for an experienced driver,but for a P plater,it's disgusting!The community in general is trying to get P platers to SLOW DOWN,and then this moron (who young people look up to),goes and does this.It will be interesting to see the penalty.Hopefully it is severe enough to pull him into line.
[/quote]

You are absolutely missing my point. I'm not discounting the seriousness of this offence. But, it was not criminal. It was stupid. It happened a month ago and the only reason you heard about it is cause a daily telegraph reporter has blown it up and you're on the bandwagon. The cops (knowing who he is) didn't deem it serious enough to leak it to the media. The only reason it's front page news now is cause he's Anthony Watmough from Manly Warringah. Not cause of the seriousness of the offence. It's a beat up. Let it die.

Petty cash I know Shane.

Anyone willing to flaunt others' lives recklessly sacrifices their legitimacy to a drivers licence IMO.  10 years is too short.  A licence is a privilege, not a right.  Little slaps on the wrist like this won't do anything to shift Choc's arrogant attitude.  Just like Hoppa did he's heading down a dead-end street. Sponsors eventually pull the plug.  And his cancerous attitude is currently showing on the football field.

I dont care how you look at it or how you try to spin this. This was foolish nothing more and nothing less.

It was dangerous, it was wrong and just a foolish thing to do.

It foolish but not newsworthy
I did worse and got no write up
not even in the local!

Thankyou Shane for backing up my point.

He is a P Plater it's on the 6pm news all the time when P platers go way over the speed limit a quick google search for "P Plater clocked" found these and more...... I couldn't be bothered posting any more but you get my point.

So don't give me this **** about it not being news worthy as if it wasn't watmough there wouldn't be a story on it.

http://www.news.com.au/national/p-plater-clocked-doing-129kmh-in-a-60kmh-zone/story-e6frfkx0-1225812107361

http://southern-courier.whereilive.com.au/news/story/p-plater-clocked-doing-140km-h-in-a-70km-h-zone-in-mascot/

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/p-plater-caught-doing-136-km-h-in-summertown-80-km-h-zone/story-e6frea83-1225828920676

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/p-plate-hoon-busted-doing-154kmh-on-hume-freeway-45-minutes-after-earning-his-licence/story-e6frf7jo-1225790256114

http://maroondah-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/croydon-police-clock-probationary-driver-at-twice-limit/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/pplater-clocked-at-159kmh-in-80kmh-zone-20101026-1715k.html

Note to Shane it's nothing to be proud of i hope you learned your lesson as in my opinion you got off lightly.

FFS you're just missing the point aren't you mate

I remember years ago Singo getting done for doing 100 MPH in his Bentley early one morning.
Strange thing was he got off because they said that his car was designed to cope with such speed...at the time it drew less headlines than choc. Go figure !

You have no point, your argument is that it is only in the news because Watmough was driving.

When in actual fact there are plenty of articles and news reports on P platers doing the same thing who are not public figures.

Have you ever thought reporters scourer through the court summons which are public record and take a while to process from point of ticket issue to grab these stories?

Matabele link said:
Loose cannon and a bad influence.

Sums it up accurately.

Since when is he going to court? His licence has been suspended. You don't go to court to get it back. It's a traffic infringement not a drink driving charge. And my point isn't only that it was Watmough driving. It's also that it's a speeding fine. It's not murder. It's a media beat up and you're the drummer boy!

Fonz link said:
Since when is he going to court? His licence has been suspended. You don't go to court to get it back. It's a traffic infringement not a drink driving charge. And my point isn't only that it was Watmough driving. It's also that it's a speeding fine. It's not murder. It's a media beat up and you're the drummer boy!

But,it's irresponsible,and dangerous.How many P-platers (and other drivers) do we read about that have ploughed into a tree,or another car,causing deaths and injuries,as a result of speeding.Unless you are a professional driver,there is no way you can regain control of ANY car (regardless of whether it was built for higher speeds),once you lose control at those sorts of speeds.Maybe some mandatory community service,or weekend detention for drivers speeding at +45 over the limit,will deter them!

Plus mate by providing your evidence you have somewhat proved my point. Those articles are all mostly a paragraph long(hardly front page news) and none of the offenders were named.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297920746[/time]

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=186481.msg316374#msg316374 date=1297920008]

But,it's irresponsible,and dangerous.How many P-platers (and other drivers) do we read about that have ploughed into a tree,or another car,causing deaths and injuries,as a result of speeding.Unless you are a professional driver,there is no way you can regain control of ANY car (regardless of whether it was built for higher speeds),once you lose control at those sorts of speeds.Maybe some mandatory community service,or weekend detention for drivers speeding at +45 over the limit,will deter them!
[/quote]
FFS now you have completely missed my point. Do you jokers actually read posts or just go off half cocked? Here we are plain and simple loud and clear. It's not front page news. It's a speeding fine. Lot's of people get them. Get over it.

I am all for the media to use public figures who break the law to highlight these issues.

Sure it wasn't murder this time but it could of easily been a car traveling that fast can cause alot of damage. Are you trying to condone this offense?  no one should be exceeding the limit by that much it's so dangerous. Will it take someone you know to be killed by a speeding driver to change your opinion?

This is not a trivial matter.

And your so called clear point isn't so clear. It would of been published either way just based on the amount he went over, no matter if he was anthony watmough or your neighbour mr nobody.

Yes more people are talking about it etc... because he is a public figure and maybe by highlighting this people might get the message just the same as all those politicians and celebrities are discussed when they get caught.

Regarding the articles, Most of those people on their Ps would be under 18 and by law cannot be named.

If a polie was driving at that speed with P plates they would probably be asked to resign. I see a driving license as a privelege and I am really disappointed in his actions, as I am sure the club is. And yes, he is a first grade footballer and it WILL get reported in the papers. Especially as he plays for Manly.

i got busted doing 104km in a 40km in an unfamiliar car that had just been fixed after a minor incident

no news coverage just lost license and a huge fine,this happened out the back of richmond at 3:55pm,5 minutes later it would have been an 80 zone

Shane link said:
i got busted doing 104km in a 40km in an unfamiliar car that had just been fixed after a minor incident

no news coverage just lost license and a huge fine,this happened out the back of richmond at 3:55pm,5 minutes later it would have been an 80 zone
lmfao if you were going faster it might have only been 3 more minutes ..  lol shane you crack me up..  :D

2 reasons .. 
1.  had you been doing the speed limit it wouldnt have been 5 minutes away  more probably 15 mins.. or more
2. even if you did make it to the 80km zone you still would have been 24km over ...  :D  ;) :)

busy Sydney road.
2am on January 12 on the Warringah Freeway.

Real busy a 2 on a wednesday morning ::)

I just have to say I've done 200kph in a 100 zone and 110mph in a 100 in a 1966 ford galaxie with no seatbelts, both on country roads and in the early hours. Yeah I was young and stupid but I was lucky enough not to get caught. I guess there aren't too many bogans on here.

quote author=Shane link=topic=186481.msg316385#msg316385 date=1297922736]

[/quote]

I've heard that they dont cover speeding stories where the speed limit is higher than your IQ.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8