OLD THREAD: Watmough lost his licence on 12/2/2011 for doing 133km in an 80km zone.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

clontaago link said:
I've heard that they dont cover speeding stories where the speed limit is higher than your IQ.

GOLD

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=186481.msg316408#msg316408 date=1297931560]

I've heard that they dont cover speeding stories where the speed limit is higher than your IQ.

GOLD
[/quote]

roflmao

Cletus link said:
busy Sydney road.
2am on January 12 on the Warringah Freeway.

Real busy a 2 on a wednesday morning ::)

I just have to say I've done 200kph in a 100 zone and 110mph in a 100 in a 1966 ford galaxie with no seatbelts, both on country roads and in the early hours. Yeah I was young and stupid but I was lucky enough not to get caught. I guess there aren't too many bogans on here.

You weren't lucky enough not to get caught you were lucky you didn't run off the road and into a tree and kill youself at that speed

Anyone who speeds 53 km's over the limit should lose their licence for 10 years first offence.  Second offence life time loss of licence and 6 months jail.

Speeding is not about being unlucky enough to be caught by the cops and fined is is just plain stupidity because the dfference between having an accident at 80 km and 133 km's is the difference between surving and accident and not. 

And the same for anyone unlukcy enough to be hit by your car travelling at that speed.  Watmough and anyone else caought at that speed needs to be taught a lesson like the cops taking him to about 20 serious car accidents with people dying and losing limbs and sufering brain damage.  He won't speed after that.

I've done 230km on the Warringah Freeway, I win.  Although I was on a motorbike.  Yes I was bloody stupid, I ended up selling it after a couple of years as I probably would not be around now.

I once broke the land speed record on the Warringah Freeway. So I win not you.

66 Ford Galaxie, very cool. 

I hope it was at 3.30am, even less traffic then.

Geez your hard work Choc.  Listen mate, at Manly....we fly UNDER the radar!!!!

tookey link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=186481.msg316406#msg316406 date=1297930575]
busy Sydney road.
2am on January 12 on the Warringah Freeway.

Real busy a 2 on a wednesday morning ::)

I just have to say I've done 200kph in a 100 zone and 110mph in a 100 in a 1966 ford galaxie with no seatbelts, both on country roads and in the early hours. Yeah I was young and stupid but I was lucky enough not to get caught. I guess there aren't too many bogans on here.

You weren't lucky enough not to get caught you were lucky you didn't run off the road and into a tree and kill youself at that speed

Anyone who speeds 53 km's over the limit should lose their licence for 10 years first offence.  Second offence life time loss of licence and 6 months jail.

Speeding is not about being unlucky enough to be caught by the cops and fined is is just plain stupidity because the dfference between having an accident at 80 km and 133 km's is the difference between surving and accident and not. 

And the same for anyone unlukcy enough to be hit by your car travelling at that speed.  Watmough and anyone else caought at that speed needs to be taught a lesson like the cops taking him to about 20 serious car accidents with people dying and losing limbs and sufering brain damage.  He won't speed after that.
[/quote]

Garts didnt get his license till his mid 40s obviously,as a young bloke theres 2 natural drugs in the body, adrenaline and testosterone are mixture at heightened levels during youth,at those levels stupid things happens,some people drink alot and fight,some people root around for years,others drive waaaay to fast

My wife says I drive like a grandpa There seems to be an underlying thought train here that some people think it is somewhat cool and manly to speed.

Honestly if you dont have an extra 15 minutes in your life to drive somewhere at the speed limit, you probably need to re-assess your time management or lifestyle choices.

Speed does kill, it will kill and it is stupid

If you speed you are BREAKING THE LAW. End of story. It that speed he got off lightly just losing his license.

Just think about what everyone is saying in this case. Jake Friend was getting into trouble for the same thing and we were calling for his head because he's a Rooster. Watmough does it and we say it doesn't matter.

The real problem here is why it took them a month to report it. As I said before, its Manly bashing week.

Dan i certainly have not stated that i think it's cool or not serious. In fact i have stated the opposite a couple of times. This is obviously a sore point for some people on here for whatever reason. Any body can argue with me till they're black and blue. It's still not front page news.

Actually where I am from speeding and drink driving are big problems, and it is in the paper daily naming and shaming offenders

Ok i'll bite! ;-) Is it on the front page or in the in court section?

Fonz link said:

Front page usually and one of the 3 stories that are usually on the newspapers website.

We have had a bigger issue with a policeman being bashed by a group of youths and several dog attacks in the last few days so there has been no mention. But given the police do a monthly blitz in the region, I would say we will be back to these stories in the next few days.

However what you need to understand is that Choc has a history of poor choices and news worthy misdemeanors, on top of this there is a clear agenda with newspapers targeting NRL players who misbehave, and lets face it, it does sell papers and gives Journos an easy thing to write about for days.

So even if you don't think this was news worthy, it is unfortunately, and had this not been Watmough and instead someone who has a better reputation, whether it is a Manly player or not, you would likely have a small subsection in the newspaper. But this is clearly another incident involving a player who has a history of negative incidences.

It was a silly dangerous and stupid thing to do, especially given the climate of sports journalism and the reputation of NRL players that currently exist.

Lets put it in NRL judiciary terms....

It was Careless, or reckless and deserved attention

The Manly Daily also has a name and shame list each week on page 5 of everyone convicted for drink driving at Manly court.   Speeding fines should also be included but I suppose they can only devote so much space for idiots each week.

I get where you guys are coming from and i agree. But it's still a beat up.

Fonz link said:
I get where you guys are coming from and i agree. But it's still a beat up.

well it is and it isn't.

Had he not committed the act would it be published

Fonz link said:

Watmough wasn't on the front page of the Tele either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8