NSW Origin Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That QLD forward pack doesn't look that good to me.

I think Jorge would have scared the selectors off tonight. If he took those bombs he would have been a lock. Tupou also had a bit of a shocker on the weekend so it wouldn't surprise me if Hoppa got a recall. He is really starting to hit his straps.

I love Choc he is my favorite player of this modern Manly era but I just dont think he should be picked for origin. He isn't anywhere near past form and I just think injuries to his elbow and leg are catching up with him. Looks to me like he needs a few weeks rest not a brutal assault from an origin campaign. I reckon it will cruel him for the rest of the season.

Is the round 13 game against dogs the week when the origin players are out if so they could be missing their halves, jmorris and trex.

seaeagles4life said:
Is the round 13 game against dogs the week when the origin players are out if so they could be missing their halves, jmorris and trex.
If I'm not mistaken, everyone is available for round 13.

NYEagle said:
Looks the right team.
I love it no Manly players starting. Awesome.

Bench?

“@mattik10: @BuzzRothfield who's the bench buzz??” Not 100% - Watmough T Rex Lewis Jackson (likely)

All i could find @NYEagle

Sweet with me as well, if accurate.

Wish Choc wasn't there, but we all know he'd want to be there.

I just hope he doesn't get injured more, or demoralized by the losses NSW will have.

Best starting side NSW have named in years. Although picking Scott and Hoffman in the starting side is a bizarre choice, they are marshmallows in origin.

Two things i see is that Qld have not picked enough real props for this game which will cost them in Nsw pick the right team. Qld need the go forward to assist the cronks and thurstons. I hope NSW do not follow suit

NSW seem hell bent on changing the best part of the team, the back row. It is not the back rows fault they have lost . Could be a costly mistake

Forget hadley , if fulton doesnt get this side right then he should retire or be urged to

Mitch said:
seaeagles4life said:

They'll be there Round 13, but if Daley sticks with the same side for the entire series they'll all be missing for our Round 17 game against them at ANZ.

Thats the one I was thinking of then

NEW SOUTH WALES!

Go The Blues tonight, though it'll be tough - Cane Toads deserved favourites, but we can beat 'em!

We Blues fans @ssar should assume the worst, massive underdog status up there at Suncorp, and that we're saving our best for Origin 2. (in Sydney).

That way anything more than a spanking tonight will be a bonus!

C'mon you BLUES!!

You know why I like the Blues?? Because I love the underdog in any fight!! Sort of contradicts my reasons for being an Eagles fan though I guess.

GO THE BLUES!!!!

I love Origin!! :D It'll be a great spectacle no matter the result.

mozgrame said:
You know why I like the Blues?? Because I love the underdog in any fight!! Sort of contradicts my reasons for being an Eagles fan though I guess.

Not in the least Mozgram, we were underdogs from 1947 until 1972 and lost I can't remember how many GF's before then.

We have paid our dues, now we are just under the radar.

I think we are a huge shot tonight. Yes the Qlders are an awesome team but they are not invincible. You only had to see how the kiwis handled the aussie team in the Anzac test (which is basically a Qld team) to realize they have weaknesses.

Whilst a team effort, Hayne needs to have one of those top notch games he can produce at origin level. If he is close to man of the match we are in with a shot. Plus mega important to start well. If suddenly we are 12-0 down in the opening15 mins that's becoming mission very unlikely. But if at 20mins there's not much in it, then it's on. I don't think Hodkinson will be overawed, he has always seemed a level headed type of kid. Just solid, dependable and tough, nothing flash. And Josh Reynolds needs to be at his niggly best and provide a tonne of energy and enthusiasm.

Josh Morris has done a great job on GI in recent series, so then the other thing is to use the obvious height of Tupou to our advantage. He will be a constant threat in attack, and a good diffuser in defence.

Woods will be better for the run last year and has looked good this year, and hasn't been afraid to mix it with the big gun props....that has to continue tonight.

The 2 x-factors for me are Tamou and T-Rex. Someone has to go and sleep with their wives or squeeze their nuts....or whatever to get them fired up. If they get in their and go off it could just blow the whole game open. If Tamou is meek like he has been.....not good.

Personally if I was Laurie Daley I would say to T-Rex, the first opportunity you get run onto the ball at a million miles an hour. If you get smashed whatever, but if you do that rubbish where you get the ball flat footed and do nothing, you're hooked straight away and wont be coming back!

I'd bet a motza that coaches BEG She-Rex to fire up and he does...for about 5 minutes a month or so.

Woods and Tamou especially need to step up big time, esp without Fifita.

Love or loathe him, Gallen is the blueprint.

He was born for Origin.

It will be more than interesting to see how Reynolds, Hodkinson and even Daniel Tupou handle the step up to Origin...at Suncorp too!

Hodkinson is a huge key obviously. I don't think he has to anything brilliant. He just has to stay composed unlike Pearce who when the situation called for cool heads seemed to play like a headless chook and take and make bad decisions.

Whilst QLD are undoubtedly a great side, the reality is a different decision by the officials on a 50/50 (or not even a 50/50 call) would have resulted in a NSW series win in any of the last 3.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8