NSW Origin Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to what I read online this morning, the NSW team was actually settled upon last week, though it could be subject to changes...

"Sport Confidential has been told the NSW team prior to last weekend was going to be: Jarryd Hayne, Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Greg Bird, Boyd Cordner, Beau Scott, James Tamou, Robbie Farah, Paul Gallen. Bench: John Sutton, Aaron Woods, Anthony Watmough, Trent Merrin.

But with Pearce, Maloney and Cordner all set to be punted and Greg Bird suspended, Trent Merrin or Anthony Watmough will push into the lock position, with Luke Lewis or Tony Williams the most likely back-row replacement."

In a very VERY small way I kinda feel sorry for Baloney there. The only reason he's being punted is if Pearce gets the same. He's losing out because of something he actually had nothing to do with (the night out). I didn't agree with his selection in the first place, but to lose your spot simply because your halves partner is likely to get punted after a bad night on the drink would be hard to swallow. One thing it does show though is that he wasn't selected on form. His selection had more to do with goal kicking and being Pearce's halves partner at club level than it did because he was the best 5/8 NSW had.

It would seem that if Baloney and Pearce are gone, Reynolds and Sutton from Souffs are the front runners to replace them. JT, Cronk and DCE will have a field day.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-late-night-antics-could-cost-three-roosters-origin-jerseys/story-fndujljl-1226919337365

I'll be very surprised if Piss n Baloney aren't there mate.
And JT, Cronk and DCE will have a field day even if they are ..lol.

I hope they do pick She-Rex...then the circus act will be complete.

Maloney only got in last year because of slowtalker Pearce, so only fair they dump him now. His form doesn't warrant selection, his shoulder is injured and he was a speedbump in SOO :cool:

Tex should get in, he will play his 3 games for the year, then rest on his laurels.

HoldenV8 said:
According to what I read online this morning, the NSW team was actually settled upon last week, though it could be subject to changes...

"Sport Confidential has been told the NSW team prior to last weekend was going to be: Jarryd Hayne, Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Greg Bird, Boyd Cordner, Beau Scott, James Tamou, Robbie Farah, Paul Gallen. Bench: John Sutton, Aaron Woods, Anthony Watmough, Trent Merrin.

But with Pearce, Maloney and Cordner all set to be punted and Greg Bird suspended, Trent Merrin or Anthony Watmough will push into the lock position, with Luke Lewis or Tony Williams the most likely back-row replacement."

In a very VERY small way I kinda feel sorry for Baloney there. The only reason he's being punted is if Pearce gets the same. He's losing out because of something he actually had nothing to do with (the night out). I didn't agree with his selection in the first place, but to lose your spot simply because your halves partner is likely to get punted after a bad night on the drink would be hard to swallow. One thing it does show though is that he wasn't selected on form. His selection had more to do with goal kicking and being Pearce's halves partner at club level than it did because he was the best 5/8 NSW had.

It would seem that if Baloney and Pearce are gone, Reynolds and Sutton from Souffs are the front runners to replace them. JT, Cronk and DCE will have a field day.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-late-night-antics-could-cost-three-roosters-origin-jerseys/story-fndujljl-1226919337365

I do think Daley will choose a halves pair that currently play along side each other on a weekly basis. As much as I'd like to see J Reynolds & A Reynolds as the halves, their combo for city and last tackle options weren't great! Individually they played well, but not so much as a combo!
For their ability to create havok, their unpredictability and that they are playing great never-say-die tough footy, I think J Reynolds & Hodkinson will get the nod over A Reynolds & Sutton for Origin 1! If the latter are selected, ill still be happy.... But pls Daley don't pick Pearce and Baloney! It didn't work last year so shake it up and don't be so predictable in selections!

Can't argue. May hate who either pair plays for, but on form you'd have to think Hodkinson and Josh Reynolds will get the nod over Adam Reynolds and Sutton from Souffs. Then the'd probably keep Sutton as the bench utility until Luke Lewis gets through another Sharks game without a problem.

Mitchell Pearce did more this week for the hopes of NSW Origin fans than he has done in his 12 games in Blue.

I wonder, if Baloney and Pearce are dumped (unlikely though), will they still pick Tupou and just instruct the halves to kick to his wing? Could do worse I guess, the guy is good in the air. I'd love to see Jorge there, but I think its unlikely, especially if they still plan on picking Jennings.

Word is that Pearce will be very lucky to make it after his night out.
Maloney won't be picked either if Pearce is given the flick.

Whomever Daley opts for it would be wise to pick compatible halves...ie: AReynolds and Sutton, or Hodkinson and JReynolds.

Which probly means that WON'T happen!

Don't forget the first game is in QLD so that's no place to pick rookies.

Sutton and Reynolds aren't world beaters or leaders when they play for Souths with their bash and barge game plan so why would they go any different at Origin level?
Hodkinson is playing behind a monster pack too that gets on them front foot so his game is made easier.

There may be a little bit of stage fright amongst that lot.

I don't think that it really matters who our halfback is as we'll be up against it anyway.

Saying all that though I'd go with Mullen at 7, J Reynolds or Gidley at 6.
with the utility bench spot between Graham, Lewis, Gidley or Reynolds.

They may just stick with Maloney anyway as we need a goalkicker.

Keep it simple, we got close last year.

If (when) we lose the first game, then roll the dice with selections.

Leave Dugan out, as everyone says he's rocks or diamonds, we can't afford that.

FB - Hayne / Snake
Wing - Tupou / Morris / Hayne
Centre - Morris / Jennings / Hoppa / Hayne

Halves? - get out the dartboard

Lock/ 2nd row - Lewis / Choc / Gal / Merrin / Cordner / Hoffman / Scott
Props - Gal / Merrin / Woods / Tamou
Hooker - Farah

Bench - Graham / Gidley / Lewis + 3 from above

Whichever combination NSW picks it doesn't stack up to a win against a stable, proven, multi-talented Queensland side, unfortunately.

Apparently Steve Renouf is the latest Qld FOG to come out (this morning) and basically say that the Qld team management are laughing at NSW going from one crisis to the next leading up to the opening game.

Good to see nothing has changed for NSW since 1980.....

I'd go a completely different route:-

01. Josh Dugan
02. Akuila Uate
03. Will Hopoate
04. Brett Morris
05. Jorge Taufua
06. Jarryd Hayne
07. Josh Reynolds
08. James Tamou
09. Michael Ennis
10. Tariq Sims
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Boyd Cordner
17. Beau Scott

Ryan said:

01. Josh Dugan
02. Akuila Uate
03. Will Hopoate
04. Brett Morris
05. Jorge Taufua
06. Jarryd Hayne
07. Josh Reynolds
08. James Tamou
09. Michael Ennis
10. Tariq Sims
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Boyd Cordner
17. Beau Scott

Gee Ryan, you keep up with the play about as well as She-Rex does. Bird and Fifita are both unavailable. I reckon in that first 13 of yours you'll have only four players selected. This could be your worst YART yet.

The Who said:
Whichever combination NSW picks it doesn't stack up to a win against a stable, proven, multi-talented Queensland side, unfortunately.
NSW will win . Qld's big names are going to run out of juice sooner or later. (NSW picking deadbeats like Pearce and Dugan might still shoot the blues in the foot though)

The Who said:
Ryan said:

01. Josh Dugan
02. Akuila Uate
03. Will Hopoate
04. Brett Morris
05. Jorge Taufua
06. Jarryd Hayne
07. Josh Reynolds
08. James Tamou
09. Michael Ennis
10. Tariq Sims
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Boyd Cordner
17. Beau Scott

Gee Ryan, you keep up with the play about as well as She-Rex does. Bird and Fifita are both unavailable. I reckon in that first 13 of yours you'll have only four players selected. This could be your worst YART yet.

I know....it's a full strength team.

HappilyManly said:
marga said:
Choc will be there.
:)

Problem is that SOO will damage his arm even more - so he won't be there for Manly :s
I would much prefer he didn't play SOO, just Manly, but if he is picked and fit he will play. He won't risk injury to his arm if not fully recovered.

marga said:
HappilyManly said:
marga said:
Choc will be there.
Problem is that SOO will damage his arm even more - so he won't be there for Manly :s
I would much prefer he didn't play SOO, just Manly, but if he is picked and fit he will play. He won't risk injury to his arm if not fully recovered.
He should Not play, Happily M is right. Further arm damage is certain in the cauldron of Origin.

You know the type of player Choc is...He'd be the first man in against QLD even if his arm was broken!
He just thrives on the battle; the bigger the better!

I'd pick him of course...Just hope he doesn't do further damage if he's there.

Maybe Lozza WILL opt for She-Rex instead?

But with Bird out and Lewis short of a run, Choc's odds have shortened a lot for sure.

i am not sold on both Morris boys playing, especially on the same side. Taufua deserves a shot, I like the roosters winger Tupou.

Centres? Hayne if they have Stewart at fullback, otherwise Hayne is the fullback. Idris is getting better and is built for origin. Add jennings, and J Morris if any Morris brother at all.

NSW needs a sprinkling of old hard nuts like Choc and Gallen, Jarryd Hayne and fullback at a bunch of young, crazy nutters who will go out, no holds bar, for the win against the odds.
I'd put Tafua and Hopoate in absolutely.
I'd sit NSW hopefuls for a psychology test. If they fail at being sane, I'd play them.
Nuts is perfect for origin.
I live in Qld and they're seriously in need of losing a series.;)

Plenty of rumours around that its Hodkinson and J Reynolds in the halves. Also T-Rex is apparently back in the sky blue.

Hodko I can live with, seems solid enough and good defence. Not much spark in attack, but good kicking game which is very important in origin.

Reynolds is a risk, especially with Hayne at fullback as well. Two loose cannons that can pull off some freakish stuff but are also very prone to low percentage stupidity.

If our spine is Farah, Hodko, Reynolds and Hayne then Farah is going to have a LOT of responsibility on his shoulders to drive this side around and call the shots.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6