NSW Origin Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

FlyingHigh

Reserve Grader
I know its not the most hopeful year for NSW but who would you like to see in the squad given all the recent suspensions/injuries? I'd go with:

1. J. Hayne
2. J. Taufua
3. M. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. J. Reynolds
7. J. Mullen/T. Hodkinson
8. A.Woods
9. R. Farah
10. P. Gallen
11. A. Watmough
12. B. Cordner
13. L. Lewis

14. J. Idris
15. T. Merrin
16. R. Hoffman
17. J. Tamou

I know ill upset a few, but choc will only make the team on history. I dont think his 2014 form warrants selection and back row is choc a block full of talent. Im not saying he doesnt deserve to be there as he has years of form but his form doesnt suggest he should, although I have no doubts he will handle it easy

He has still played well but not the best 3 in NSW

And i would have the doggies halves and get rid of tamou. Over rated to the max

Choc, Tamou , Tafua and Idris shouldn't be there on form.

Choc's arm problem would not stand the rigours of SOO.
Tupou is more effective on the wing.
Sutton should be #6, with JReynolds on the bench

Big Willie may have a one game appearance to cover for Bird, freeing up Gal for the second row.

Others on the list sound capable.

Sunday we will know I guess :)

Hope that BJ gets his Qld jumper, along with DCE :angel:

i'm a queenslander, but choc is made for origin footy!
always seems to get the job done for NSW regardless of club form and is usually one of their best...

I think Tupou may get a wing spot. Choc will be there as Bird is suspended.

I think Sutton should be in the team on the bench. Can cover a lot of positions and has being playing well for the last 2 years.

Tupou is a must, as is Hayne.

Can't stomach Sutton though. Isn't up to it imo.

Choc will be there.

The more you look at it the less chance NSW have got. Though your team is OK there @FlyingHigh.

Club form doesn't always matter either.
Rightly or wrongly guys often rise to the Origin occasion, and coaches often show loyalty to a fault, too.

I think Daley will go with last year's squad as closely as he can; apart from injuries and suspension (ie. Bird) of course. Especially for game one.

I'd have Hayne at fullback without doubt and Horhay n Choc in my side every day. I just get torn wanting Manly guys solely for our campaign.

You can bank on Pearce, Farrah, Gallen, Lewis, Tamou and at least one Morris twin.
Probably Jennings and Woods too.

There won't be as many changes or surprises as most of us would like, I reckon.

Agree with @Clint. Choc has to be there, especially when Bird's out. Would prefer Tupou to Horhay and not mad about Sutton.

Surely there's a better bench player than Tamou?

As for the halves, the alternatives to Pearce don't do much for me so I hope Pearce can get his act together.

Tamou will be there whether worthy or not @ALinda...esp with Fifita unavailable.

So that's Woods n Tamou, probably Gallen in the prop rotation, and it's a struggle to name inform options anyway.

If Choc is fit after Monday night he should totally be there! I just want him for us.Cherry's on the rise in his rep career too; and Choc has done enough.

Of course, Choc would get the job done no problem if picked, and I guess it will be interesting what Daley does to replace Bird.

Pearce will be in; and Baloney if fit.

We won't win anyways.

I think Mullen is probably the most talented half option for NSW and I'd like to see him given another shot. Otherwise I'd say Hodkinson, who's at least as good as Pearce but has a WAY better kicking game (field goals and conversions are usually pretty important in Origin, so he'd be more than handy). Adam Reynolds is also at least as good as Pearce and an excellent kicker. Josh Reynolds, on the other hand, is a complete tool and I'd find it incredibly difficult to support any team he's a part of so I hope he's not there.
Sutton is no more than average. If you're looking for size at the number six spot, I'd go with Bird (who's done it before) or take a shot out of left-field and go for Wade Graham. Graham always plays hard and I reckon he'd be a great fit for Origin.
But it's a moot point as we'll be stuck with Pearce and Baloney and we'll get flogged. Again.

bob dylan said:
It makes no difference our halves are severely outclassed.

You know the nsw halves are poor when the reserve halve for qld is currently the best no.7 in the nrl, our very own dce. :)

I don't think we'll win but I'd like to see us make the most of what we have. Mullen or Hodkinson would both be better than Pearce. I'm just hoping T Williams doesn't get picked though there is suggestion that he may.

My team would be:

1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. D Tupou
6. J Hayne
7. M Pearce
8. P Gallen
9. R Farah
10. A Woods
11. Cordner
12. Watmough
13. T Merrin

Bench:
14. ????/Sutton???
15. J Tamou
16. W Graham
17. ?? another big bopper

My attitude is we need x-factor and points. Dugan and Hayne in the same side do it. Dugan is rocks or diamonds, we just need to hope he's diamonds. 5/8 for Hayne I think gets his hands on the ball more and he actually has a brilliant long kick.

Tupou is a threat in the air, plus can help negate the aerial ability of GI. Josh Morris has also done a brilliant job containing him in recent series so he's a no brainer for me.

Jennings is another who has points and above all devastating speed.

The big problem for me is now the big boppers up front with Fifita out and Tamou in pretty poor form. That means shoving Gal in prop...but with Bird out and Lewis not really fit enough it makes it hard to pick a back row. Cordner has points, I agree Choc hasn't been playing great, but he;s like Bird, whether playing well or not you pick him. He'll lift.

The bench is tough. I don't see the point in wasting a spot on J Reynolds, I'd prefer Sutton (and I hate Sutton), as he is a big body. The same with Wade Graham, he's played plenty of 5/8 but is a big tough, mongrel origin style player. So maybe he would be our no.14. But we're running out of options.

Tamou is picked for me because of a lack of other options.

That leaves space for another big bopper?? I don't know who is best here. I've been going through the teams and can't really find anyone.

Hodkinson for halfback.

Not as good as DCE of course but a very improved solid player, will be able to handle the event and I still have a soft spot for him (with the usual caveats). He has plenty of heart and is a solid defender ... and has developed a pin point kicking game. He just needs a flamboyant 5/8 and that's where the problem lies. A fit and in form Carney would have been perfect.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2