No surprise to me

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely there's more to life than drugs and football??

Oh! Sorry Titans. I didn't see you there.....Wicks has been given another chance. He's back playing footy. What's all this "deserves" a chance stuff?

Last edited:
And who's going to rehabilitate the users who bought of him, damage is done, his life may be on track, what about them..???

You don't just grab a drug user and rehabilitate them. Danny can only look after himself, and it looks like he has. The users will have to make that choice on their own. Until they do......

When they do, there is plenty of help and professionals out there for them. You could take it a step further I guess. Who is going to help the people that suffered emotional turmoil when they arrived home from work to find their house has been broken into, and druggo's have pinched their valuables, some of them family heirlooms that can never ever be replaced?

You can't blame wicks for someone's addiction.
He served his time, has been rehabilitated and no longer deserves to be looked down on by anyone.

Unlike a lot of players wicks has actually done time. He's served his penalty he deserves another shot. I'd rather take him than a lot of guys that do crap but never learn a lesson because they don't end up locked up or punished properly. E.g. domestic violence
Yeah your spot on, there are players that dodge punishment time after time, yet still are held in high regard in our game, either by fellow players or supporters.

Wicks looked fit I'll give him that much. Still didn't think he didn't anything too spectacular, he was solid. No doubt he'll be better for the run.
I agree, was solid but not great. Pick him up for a 130k anything more is paying way overs.
And big no to lussick. Much much much better props out there. Again only my humble opinion.

And who's going to rehabilitate the users who bought of him, damage is done, his life may be on track, what about them..???
Malroon, I see your point..... But everyone makes there own choices, those people weren't held down and force feed drugs....... They have a choice to do as they do, continue on that path or enter rehab. People who take drugs and say they only do it cause it's there is weak as piss

I agree, was solid but not great. Pick him up for a 130k anything more is paying way overs.
And big no to lussick. Much much much better props out there. Again only my humble opinion.
Lussick in past years at parra has looked ordinary , but this year seems to have turned a corner...... He's really taking it to other packs, every time graham got the ball last night lussick was there to smash him.

Lussick in past years at parra has looked ordinary , but this year seems to have turned a corner...... He's really taking it to other packs, every time graham got the ball last night lussick was there to smash him.
I agree he was better....... But still not good enough to warrant a return to this great club.
Much better out there.
Always happy to be proven wrong though

Lussick's style is reckless, he drops the ball, concedes penalties and is always a risk of suspension. His attributes were size, ticker and dedication to the Manly cause, now he only has size and ticker left.

There are plenty of services that offer free drug rehabilitation and councilling if users are willing to engage with them. The fact is in NSW we have an approximate 60% recidivism rate. That means approximately 60% of people that go to prison re-offend. I for one am very happy that danny seems to be wanting to be one of the 40% and become a functioning member of society. He will do a ****load more good paying tax from footy and teaching young kids in the community than sitting on the dole like a lot of people that come out of prison and can't get a job. Then when they get sick of it they go back to crime. In this country approx 99% of the corrections budget is spent on incarceration and less than 1% on rehabilitation and post incarceration support.

My question is if you're going to let someone out wouldn't you rather they be a functioning member of society than turn back to crime?

There are plenty of services that offer free drug rehabilitation and councilling if users are willing to engage with them. The fact is in NSW we have an approximate 60% recidivism rate. That means approximately 60% of people that go to prison re-offend. I for one am very happy that danny seems to be wanting to be one of the 40% and become a functioning member of society. He will do a ****load more good paying tax from footy and teaching young kids in the community than sitting on the dole like a lot of people that come out of prison and can't get a job. Then when they get sick of it they go back to crime. In this country approx 99% of the corrections budget is spent on incarceration and less than 1% on rehabilitation and post incarceration support.

My question is if you're going to let someone out wouldn't you rather they be a functioning member of society than turn back to crime?
This.

when he donates a percentage of his wages to Rehab Centres then Ill say he's rehabilitated ..
That's a silly thing to say. Would you hold every person that ever commits a crime to the same account.

Have you ever sped? Driven while under the influence? Urinated in public? Punched someone? Taken any form of prohibited substance? Very few people are saints. Just because you didn't get caught doesn't make you innocent. People shouldn't continue to be punished once they've served their court mandated punishment.

I'm not condoning drugs at all. But Dealers don't cause people to get hooked on drugs. There is a demand and that's where dealers and the supply come from. we could have an endless debate about crime and drugs but a dealer certainly isn't ramming it down a junkies/users throat. In addition a significant portion of violent crime is committed by users not the dealers. Are you saying that the dealer becomes responsible for the crime because that is bollicks. People have free will and make their own choices. He's done time and it appears learnt his lesson so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because it looks like he's made an effort to turn his life around.

An addict is called an addict because its an addiction , and people like Wicks doesn't help, trying to get rich of there predicament ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8