1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No surprise to me

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Mar 13, 2015.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    last year I mentioned a guy who was about to be given a second chance at our great game, being a local to my area I'd seen first hand how much effort he was putting in to get himself back into our game....... I was really hoping manly would give this guy a contract as he was coming back not for the cash but to prove he's still got it at the highest level . Tonight Danny wicks returned for parramatta and killed it, you couldn't keep him out of the game........ On nexted to nothing of a contract at parra, and only contracted this season, he will triple his worth if he keeps playing like tonight....... I know a lot of you said , no don't need his type at our club..... I disagree , he's made a mistake and done the time, manly need to look hard at wicks and lussick, these two really tore in tonight , something we are sorely missing. Hats off to you big fella, played strong on your return.

• Like Like x 1
  2. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    He had a great game. Great mobility and quick 2.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    We could build a great club, get Wicks, Ma'u, Carney, Parker, Lui, Inglis, and every other deviant in the game

we could become the manly rapists......great

• Like Like x 3
  4. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    I wouldn't expect anything less of you........ You just don't get it.

5. GoldenRoger

GoldenRoger Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wicks was good, we should have signed would have been better than that 50 yr old Mason

6. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Yeah mauler, he did...... I just reckon he's worth a look at least.....

7. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    I get your point but none of those named have ever been accused of rape. So is that word needed?

8. GoldenRoger

GoldenRoger Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    What is your guys opinion of Russell Packer ?

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    sorry, I don't get supporting criminals, i have standards. do you stop at murder or rap or is drugs just fine with you where do you draw the line?

10. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Packer will be in the same boat as wicks, coming back on minimum contract with a point to prove, at the end of the day we have all made mistakes, should we say no we can't sign that bloke he's made some bad decisions once.... I see packer a little different to wicks, wicks had a lot of outside influence ..... And sure he made some really dumb choices, but Packers actions are his own...... Either way they both have served time for there mistakes, my opinion is , I beleive they deserve another shot...... Even at our club, I can not understand the holy then thou attitude of some supporters, saying no we don't want that type of player here...... What would you prefer a front row of priests ....... Because we aren't far off it with the forwards we have running around at the moment.

11. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Not sure about you but I don't mind a bit of rap. So I certainly wouldn't ban any player who likes rap that's taking it a bit far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Wicks looked fit I'll give him that much. Still didn't think he didn't anything too spectacular, he was solid. No doubt he'll be better for the run.

• Like Like x 1
  13. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    I'm not going to bite idiot.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Well your call to support rapists and drug dealers, sorry but I have standards

15. malroon

malroon Active Member

Redfern West
    Ratings:
    +102 / 7
    why don;t we just go stand outside silverwater jail and see if any big blokes get paroled who we can buy for our forward pack......(sarcasm), win at any cost..(not for me)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Are you a ****ing idiot who here is supporting rapists? no 1 if you have the balls name who the rapist is but you won't because you are a coward. No 1 supports rapists so grow up you grub
    Name the rapist so they can sue you ****wit
    If you bother 2 check any of my post history I have rallied against us signing jailbirds. I said we shouldn't touch Tetevano when others said give him a go hell I wanted Choc turfed out of the club for his grubby antics so it's a bit rich 2 suggest I support rapists in fact I find it offensive.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  17. ManlyMagic

ManlyMagic Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0
    I don't think you will find a player on the field with more speed than wicks

• Like Like x 5
  18. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    If he's really turned his life around and is sorry for what he's done in the past then good luck to him. Done his time and all that......
    Judging by his body shape he's worked hard to get back on the paddock.
    I'm sure chan 9 will do a tv special on his road to recovery if he goes on to make a name for himself and Gould will do one of those interviews etc.
    NRL is pretty forgiving when it suits

19. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    Unlike a lot of players wicks has actually done time. He's served his penalty he deserves another shot. I'd rather take him than a lot of guys that do crap but never learn a lesson because they don't end up locked up or punished properly. E.g. domestic violence

• Like Like x 1
  20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    No doubt the reason we are clearing out our dead wood halves is to make some cap space for Wicks and Lussick.

• Like Like x 2