Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
not wanting to bag Pearce senior here, but did the parents ever teach this guy about respect? or did he get away with everything growing up cause he was juniors kid. I'm sure after previous events, you'd think junior got into his ear, but likely because he doesn't experience ramifications or have much respect, he continues to f@ck it up.

And i agree about social media these days, if someone is threatening to set themselves on fire, what do you think the % is of people trying to talk them out if it, against those filming it on their phones. i went to a neices 21st some years back...best time of their lives right...but they were all on their phones all night in their own world not daring to miss out on what else was going on.

This whole phone business..we never needed it before, i use it sparingly now but many young adults and kids these days are just brainwashed. Society got sucked in with the mobile phone.... and sucked in peoples lives with it.

rant over.

I heard the reports last night but only saw the footage in the last couple of hours.
The sensationalist are out of control. Watching the video the kiss may not have been wanted but the young lady seemed to accept it for what it was an act from a very intoxicated person. I hug anything that moves when drunk it hardly makes me a bad person or sexual deviate. As for being asked to leave they are all having a good laugh while this whole episode is going on. I am by no means condoning any of it but have any of the people involved come out and said they were offended.
I am more appalled that someone would sell this for profit and in the process ruin a persons life.
I will not sit in judgement of someone for doing something in private. That is for those people who were there to decide.

Rumour has it that there is a framed photo of Mitchell Pearce in his NSW kit hanging in pride of place in the QRL boardroom.

Forget Thurston. Forget Lockyer and forget Melbourne's "Big 3" or Inglis, Boyd or anyone else who's pulled on a Maroon jumper. Pearce has consistently been Qld's best player since 2008. Such has been his importance to the QLD dominance that the only time he didn't play was the only time since his Origin debut that Qld lost the series.

Ok, I know that's beside the point.

Seriously though, other players have had their NRL careers terminated for less than what Pearce did. If the NRL is to be taken seriously then he has to be de-registered. Otherwise it just smacks of favouritism towards the Rorters from the NRL.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Pearce's actions are an entirely predictable outcome of the culture of alcohol abuse in our society and amongst footballers.

It's been reported he issued an apology to his family and to his long-suffering girl friend. There was no report of any apology to the girl. So essentially it seems he has apologised for the embarrassment of being caught, not for what actually he did. Pearce doesn't get it.

The flippant nature of some responses here reveals an underlying condoning and acceptance of abuse of women - particularly alcohol related abuse. There was a total lack of respect towards the girl - he disrespected her right to her own body, he disrespected her right to not have her dog abused, he disrespected her right to have a lounge not urinated on, he disrespected her right to decide who should leave her home and when. And Pearce's "mates" failed to take any action at all to pull him into line when she made clear he had stepped over the line - so they accepted and condoned his actions too.

An ugly culture will struggle to win sponsors' hearts and bank accounts.

Carney didn't abuse anyone except for himself and got put out of the game here and is still not allowed back in. A piddling (x2) incident in comparison. And Monas - well I don't know if there was actual licking involved - but he didn't disrespect any woman. All three have had Roosters connections suggesting the current response from the club may be indicative of a culture of sweeping bad behaviour under the carpet.

Fame comes at a cost. Bad behaviour will hit the headlines. No point saying it shouldn't. Pearce is coming up to 27 (no longer a kid), a captain and SOO 5/8th.

Nope Rex, Carney is in a different league when compared to Junior Junior Pearce. Pearce is a choir boy in comparison, just look at Carney's rap sheet.

December 2006
Carney is charged with mid-range drink driving and reckless driving following an incident in Goulburn. Licence suspended for 5 years.

May 2007
Carney and teammate Steve Irwin lead Canberra police on a car chase before Carney abandons the car and flees. Carney is charged with drink driving and reckless driving, failing to stop when directed by police, negligent driving and driving while disqualified. He receives a suspended jail sentence.Handed 200 hours of community service for pursuit and driving while his licence was suspended. Magistrate warns Carney he will “undoubtedly go to jail” if he commits another offence.

July 2008
Carney allegedly urinates on a patron at a Canberra pub, however the complaint is withdrawn. He is, however, stood down indefinitely. Handed a five-point rehabilitation plan with a clause that he cannot play again that season and must go on an alcohol ban until the end of 2012.

Aug 2008
While suspended by the club, allegedly evicted from Goulburn club. Has contract terminated by the Raiders, with the NRL vowing not to register a contract with another club for 2009.

February 2009
Carney damages a vehicle and receives a 12-month suspended jail sentence.

April 2009
Nude photos of Todd Carney leak online after photos appeared on a second-hand mobile phone leant to a female customer by a Telstra shop

May 2009
Carney is in an altercation outside a pub in Atherton, is arrested but later released without charge.

January 2010
Carney and a second man allegedly injure another man by deliberately setting his pants on fire. The man suffered burns to his buttocks, upper thigh and genitalia.

June 2010
Police allegedly see Jake Friend hand a pill to Carney on a Saturday night. Officers then search the pair, allegedly finding a packet of seven Valium tablets on Friend. No pills were found on Carney and he is released without charges.

February 2011
Roosters release a statement confirming Carney had been charged with low-range drink driving. The club decides to stick by him.

April 2011
Carney was found to be involved with teammate Anthony Watts when he was drinking and NRL management stand Carney down from Roosters indefinitely. He eventually returns in round 10.

August 2011
Carney, Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala break Roosters agreement to not touch alcohol for two weeks after The Daily Telegraph reveals the trio were out drinking in the eastern suburbs. All three players face disciplinary hearings.

September 2011
The Roosters release Carney from the final year of his contract.

June 2014
Carney is photographed engaging in a graphic act in the toilets of a Cronulla nightclub.

image.jpeg

Nope Rex, Carney is in a different league when compared to Junior Junior Pearce. Pearce is a choir boy in comparison, just look at Carney's rap sheet.

December 2006
Carney is charged with mid-range drink driving and reckless driving following an incident in Goulburn. Licence suspended for 5 years.

May 2007
Carney and teammate Steve Irwin lead Canberra police on a car chase before Carney abandons the car and flees. Carney is charged with drink driving and reckless driving, failing to stop when directed by police, negligent driving and driving while disqualified. He receives a suspended jail sentence.Handed 200 hours of community service for pursuit and driving while his licence was suspended. Magistrate warns Carney he will “undoubtedly go to jail” if he commits another offence.

July 2008
Carney allegedly urinates on a patron at a Canberra pub, however the complaint is withdrawn. He is, however, stood down indefinitely. Handed a five-point rehabilitation plan with a clause that he cannot play again that season and must go on an alcohol ban until the end of 2012.

Aug 2008
While suspended by the club, allegedly evicted from Goulburn club. Has contract terminated by the Raiders, with the NRL vowing not to register a contract with another club for 2009.

February 2009
Carney damages a vehicle and receives a 12-month suspended jail sentence.

April 2009
Nude photos of Todd Carney leak online after photos appeared on a second-hand mobile phone leant to a female customer by a Telstra shop

May 2009
Carney is in an altercation outside a pub in Atherton, is arrested but later released without charge.

January 2010
Carney and a second man allegedly injure another man by deliberately setting his pants on fire. The man suffered burns to his buttocks, upper thigh and genitalia.

June 2010
Police allegedly see Jake Friend hand a pill to Carney on a Saturday night. Officers then search the pair, allegedly finding a packet of seven Valium tablets on Friend. No pills were found on Carney and he is released without charges.

February 2011
Roosters release a statement confirming Carney had been charged with low-range drink driving. The club decides to stick by him.

April 2011
Carney was found to be involved with teammate Anthony Watts when he was drinking and NRL management stand Carney down from Roosters indefinitely. He eventually returns in round 10.

August 2011
Carney, Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala break Roosters agreement to not touch alcohol for two weeks after The Daily Telegraph reveals the trio were out drinking in the eastern suburbs. All three players face disciplinary hearings.

September 2011
The Roosters release Carney from the final year of his contract.

June 2014
Carney is photographed engaging in a graphic act in the toilets of a Cronulla nightclub.

Not sure if I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying Carney was a bad little boy? lol

Im not sticking up for the little prick . Even know this probably happens alot with all sorts of people all around the world . Even if there was no cameras or phones filming it and never got out , that stupid clown should of had more sense simple as that . Obviously he hasnt and never will grow up so i would be sacking his arse now . The game is bigger then m pearse.

have any of the people involved come out and said they were offended.
I am more appalled that someone would sell this for profit and in the process ruin a persons life.
Has it occurred to you that whoever filmed it was not very impressed with Pearce's behaviour?
Maybe a friend of the woman the subject of his unwanted drunken attention?
( Or the owner of the dog? )
(Or the owner of the couch?)
Presumably it was someone who did not condone the behaviour, unlike yourself!

So if you don't condone something you film it and sell it to the media for $60k.
Yeah that sounds like a concerned friend.
That $60k should definitely pay for the dry cleaning and any counselling the dog may require.

“I take full responsibility for my actions. I’ll take this as a learning curve and work on my leadership; I’m obviously not where I need to be. It’s a good kick up the backside for me.

“To the Roosters fans and sponsors, they put so much time into us and they don’t deserve this lack of respect.

“I also want to say sorry to the NRL — it’s not a good look. You guys do a lot for us as players and my responsibility as a player is to set a good example and be a role model and I let everyone down.

“I love the club and I value my job. I worked very hard to get to this position. It’s a good kick up the backside for me and I’ll be doing everything possible to get that respect back.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...sors-and-the-nrl/story-e6frf3vu-1226917946977

Has it occurred to you that whoever filmed it was not very impressed with Pearce's behaviour?
Maybe a friend of the woman the subject of his unwanted drunken attention?
( Or the owner of the dog? )
(Or the owner of the couch?)
Presumably it was someone who did not condone the behaviour, unlike yourself!
I understand your point, but does that mean that everybody's mistakes in life should be filmed and sent to media outlets to be run on tv shows and in the papers? Yes, we aren't all football players and in the media spotlight but they are still people with the same rights as everybody else. He was not out in a public arena for all to see, which doesn't condone his behaviour at all, but it doesn't make it everybody's right to see footage of it either - does it?

What he did was plain stupid and he seriously needs to grow up and act like an adult no doubt; but I'm sorry, I still don't like people filming others and sending stuff to media outlets as if they themselves have never made a mistake.

I thought the lady involved handled it well and they did all end up leaving without things turning nasty in any way. The other guests were also drunk and you even heard one girl asking Copley (I think) to stay, so they couldn't have been overly distraught. Again not condoning it, he acted like a complete douche and punishment will follow; however, the outcry seems disproportionate to other more serious offences. Just my opinion.

I think he was stuck in traffic trying to get home from Parramatta after training
No, you see this is the reason for his behaviour....Foz dropped him for big bad Brad and so Mitchell lost his sh*t and the rest is history.

I certainly wouldn't act the way he did and I think kissing someone that doesn't want to be kissed and simulating the humping of a dog is not on, but all of this can be sorted out between the two parties involved...the media and every Tom, Dick and Harry have nothing to do with this. I love the people who are outraged?! Did he do something to you? I love the role model thing!!did he do this in public? The media say it paints the league in a poor light...don't play the footage; easy fix! If Only a selection of Mitchell's friends and those at the party know about this, the game is not affected. Kinda ironic.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8