Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The entire event will showcase the double standards in the NRL.
Regardless of ppl calling it shocking, or others saying it blown out of proportion, the real deal is the fact different players get different punishment, for the EXACT same offence.
IF this was a fringe 1st grader, he would already be on a plane to try get a 2nd chance in England.....
The players are well aware of the modern "Disrepute rules" & since Brett Stewart's unfair - Guilty till proven Innocent....I have little mercy on others, after originally being a bloke who claimed, at times, players are unfairly spotlighted.

Pearce's actions are an entirely predictable outcome of the culture of alcohol abuse in our society and amongst footballers.

It's been reported he issued an apology to his family and to his long-suffering girl friend. There was no report of any apology to the girl. So essentially it seems he has apologised for the embarrassment of being caught, not for what actually he did. Pearce doesn't get it.

The flippant nature of some responses here reveals an underlying condoning and acceptance of abuse of women - particularly alcohol related abuse. There was a total lack of respect towards the girl - he disrespected her right to her own body, he disrespected her right to not have her dog abused, he disrespected her right to have a lounge not urinated on, he disrespected her right to decide who should leave her home and when. And Pearce's "mates" failed to take any action at all to pull him into line when she made clear he had stepped over the line - so they accepted and condoned his actions too.

An ugly culture will struggle to win sponsors' hearts and bank accounts.

Carney didn't abuse anyone except for himself and got put out of the game here and is still not allowed back in. A piddling (x2) incident in comparison. And Monas - well I don't know if there was actual licking involved - but he didn't disrespect any woman. All three have had Roosters connections suggesting the current response from the club may be indicative of a culture of sweeping bad behaviour under the carpet.

Fame comes at a cost. Bad behaviour will hit the headlines. No point saying it shouldn't. Pearce is coming up to 27 (no longer a kid), a captain and SOO 5/8th.

what im wondering is what sort of behaviour the ladies expected inviting a clearly over intoxicated footballer and associated hangers on into their house ? More drinking and watching a dvd peacefully ? He wasnt asked to leave after forcing himself onto the female or after wetting the couch....only after playing with the dog ???? Total non event if it wasnt for the camera being used , IMO.
Are you serious? That's like saying women who don't wear a burka are asking to get raped and so it's their fault. Pearce is 100% responsible for Pearce's bad behaviour. She is 0% responsible.

You can't understand her asking him to leave after he humped the dog? Really? She assertively tried to pull him into line verbally - several times - you'd be accusing her of overreacting if she didn't - and when it became clear he refused to control himself she asked him to leave. Copybook best practice from her.

The fool shouldn't drink.
Working mostly with AFL fans Pearce & his Lap dog trick just reinforce their, & the rest of the worlds ideas of NRL players.
As a consequence, even though I'm a Manly fan, I still cop shyte by being an NRL fan.
Banish him to the Wilderness.

Are you serious? That's like saying women who don't wear a burka are asking to get raped and so it's their fault. Pearce is 100% responsible for Pearce's bad behaviour. She is 0% responsible.

You can't understand her asking him to leave after he humped the dog? Really? She assertively tried to pull him into line verbally - several times - you'd be accusing her of overreacting if she didn't - and when it became clear he refused to control himself she asked him to leave. Copybook best practice from her.
C'mon @Rex, that was some top shelf victim blaming! At least give him points for that!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Monaghan incident....assaults on females...glassings....DUIs....urinating in public....players fighting in the streets out the front of licensed premises....IMO are all worse than what happened with Pearce....what im wondering is what sort of behaviour the ladies expected inviting a clearly over intoxicated footballer and associated hangers on into their house ? More drinking and watching a dvd peacefully ? He wasnt asked to leave after forcing himself onto the female or after wetting the couch....only after playing with the dog ???? Total non event if it wasnt for the camera being used , IMO.
He pissed on the couch and throat raped a lesbian with his tongue

The dog was just the icing on the **** filled cake

This wi
The fool shouldn't drink.
Working mostly with AFL fans Pearce & his Lap dog trick just reinforce their, & the rest of the worlds ideas of NRL players.
As a consequence, even though I'm a Manly fan, I still cop shyte by being an NRL fan.
Banish him to the Wilderness.
This will definitely give the AFL boys something to have a shot at the NRL, but talk about bricks in glass houses, those AFL boys get 3 shots at drug abuse & basically sweep everything else under a 50 foot carpet....Pearce deserves what he gets, but for AFL supporters to ride it, the invisible train they are on is just as big.

Just feel so sorry for his parents. Where were Mitchell's mates surely there was one there who was half sober enough to tell him to wake up to himself or stop the person videoing him. Mateship has well and truly gone these days.
Where was his best mate?

People, some footballers seem to live in another World and probably have too much time on their hands and too little experience in the real world. They seem to live in a microcosm detached from the normal standards we share in our society. Players like Pearce probably dont even realise how totally inappropriate their behaviour is, only concerned about the impact it will have on their career. They know they are heavily under public and media scrutiny, yet they still do these dumb acts. Shows something about their maturity doesnt it.

Some mix mainly with their own and I suspect develop their own mores with little insight into the day to day responsibilities we each have to face and the respect we have to show to those we share this life with. Those who have stronger family and more diverse social ties probably remain more balanced.

But some I suspect have a detached emotional immaturity and limited insight. They are like carefully protected greyhounds, where everything is done for them and they are adulated. Some probably think as 'God' like figures the societal standards dont apply to them.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
This wi
This will definitely give the AFL boys something to have a shot at the NRL, but talk about bricks in glass houses, those AFL boys get 3 shots at drug abuse & basically sweep everything else under a 50 foot carpet....Pearce deserves what he gets, but for AFL supporters to ride it, the invisible train they are on is just as big.
Agree. Young blokes together are trouble the world over, & no doubt it's the same in AFL. So, other than the Hird of Bombers thing, how does the AFL maintain a clean image?
Are Journos bias toward AFL, are the payed to shutup? Are the players told to stay away from small dogs?

I dislike Pearce as much as any NSW origin fan.
But he hasn't done much wrong here except gets pissed. Watch the footage, the dog isn't harmed or assaulted in any way and the Female kissed Pearce back. This all happened behind closed doors and not in public.

It's nothing like what happened with Monaghan who had a dog lick his dick.

Queensland fans are currently having apoplexy. They've lost Mal and now are likely to lose Pearce.

The 'Dynasty' is in danger of grinding to a halt ;)

And now Copely and Nikorima are implicated and are set to face the music.

The Rorters might have a few players missing come round 1

Are Journos bias toward AFL, are the payed to shutup? Are the players told to stay away from small dogs?

Not sure if they are paid to 'shut up' because sometimes when a scandal hits, its hard to ignore. But as someone who lives in an AFL town I can tell you that there is definitely a 'sweep it under the rug' mentality that gets worse the higher up the player food chain you go (i.e. the higher the players profile, the larger the rug things get swept under).

And everyone in the AFL steps on small dogs. I mean, the Western Bulldogs (the club formally known as Footscray) haven't won a flag since 1954 :p

Pearce's actions are an entirely predictable outcome of the culture of alcohol abuse in our society and amongst footballers.

It's been reported he issued an apology to his family and to his long-suffering girl friend. There was no report of any apology to the girl. So essentially it seems he has apologised for the embarrassment of being caught, not for what actually he did. Pearce doesn't get it.

The flippant nature of some responses here reveals an underlying condoning and acceptance of abuse of women - particularly alcohol related abuse. There was a total lack of respect towards the girl - he disrespected her right to her own body, he disrespected her right to not have her dog abused, he disrespected her right to have a lounge not urinated on, he disrespected her right to decide who should leave her home and when. And Pearce's "mates" failed to take any action at all to pull him into line when she made clear he had stepped over the line - so they accepted and condoned his actions too.

An ugly culture will struggle to win sponsors' hearts and bank accounts.

Carney didn't abuse anyone except for himself and got put out of the game here and is still not allowed back in. A piddling (x2) incident in comparison. And Monas - well I don't know if there was actual licking involved - but he didn't disrespect any woman. All three have had Roosters connections suggesting the current response from the club may be indicative of a culture of sweeping bad behaviour under the carpet.

Fame comes at a cost. Bad behaviour will hit the headlines. No point saying it shouldn't. Pearce is coming up to 27 (no longer a kid), a captain and SOO 5/8th.

Maybe I missed something in the video but I do not recall seeing him disrespect women. He tried to kiss her, she appeared to kiss him back then backed away. Did he carry on like a drunken fool, sure but to me the abuse of women in this situation is a long bow to draw in my opinion.

image.png

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8