Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I mean, it’s fair enough what Seibold says but I think it’s not only the incident but the way he went about things after it that leaves a bad taste in peoples’ mouths.

As he’s now signed with us, I can only wait & see how it turns out.

It may well be a masterstroke by Seibold, we shall see.

I’m not sure I’m too enamoured with Seibold’s big wraps of Lodge though, it almost sounds like he’s a project.
Obviously his off field history hangs over his head,but even if we forget that,his form has been terrible and the fact he hasn’t seen out a contract yet tells me everything

Honestly, this is getting close to the final straw with my support for the club. We've gone from being a powerhouse 2007-2013 to going around picking up whatever scraps we can find. I have zero faith in the club's ability to actually build a successful team. Blokes like Tom, Jake, Reuben and DCE deserve to be in a better situation.
I have been thinking the same for awhile now. I find it hard to believe that Tom and Jake may never see a 1st grade premiership along with Garrick. A player of Toms calibre. Also considering his whole family have been Manly through and through. The more that things are changing at Manly the more they seem to be staying the same. That’s what it feels like from my perspective. I hope I’m wrong.

Telegraph reporting he will be on bench this weekend but Seibs said he is not in our 30…

How does that work? Can we swap him in or do we have a spot available?

They said on 360 tonight, that if Lodge plays first grade this weekend, the NRL will call the $1000 per week train and trail bullschiit

The NRL will affix a salary cap value on Lodge.

Lodge has been with the club for less than one week, and now he is selected in first grade. Clearly it's not train and trial - he has been bought to play first grade.

Manly and Spoonbold are stupid as fuk and again we will be in salary cap issues with the NRL.

So the NRL are suggesting they are going to place a "valuation" of their choosing on him, and apply that to our salary cap (like they did in the past with Gift (which is why we lost him).

Yet they allowed Tevita Pangai Junior to go to the Panthers on a nominal contract as there was only 3 months of the season to go.

Typical bull****.

So the NRL are suggesting they are going to place a "valuation" of their choosing on him, and apply that to our salary cap (like they did in the past with Gift (which is why we lost him).

Yet they allowed Tevita Pangai Junior to go to the Panthers on a nominal contract as there was only 3 months of the season to go.

Typical bull****.

Pangi was paid a lot more than $1000 per week. He was paid over 100k for 3 months.
That is the issue.

Pangi was paid a lot more than $1000 per week. He was paid over 100k for 3 months.
That is the issue.
I’d imagine we could pay him minimum wage contract and divide that into whatever is left of the season. So might cost us 50 k

Lodge's impact on the weekend was huge. He was to our pack what a inform JWH is to theRoosters. We need to sign him long term. This nominal value business is just nonsense. The reality is that the roosters have paid him for the season so it's no different to getting players when other clubs carry some of their salary in their cap. The Roosters are still carrying Lodge in their cap. The Roosters opened the door for this to happen by releasing Lodge from the obligations of his contract. Sure we were opportunistic but if it were the Broncos or the Roosters the journos would be saying how smart they are. Nothing to see here just the anti Manly sentiment by the current crop of commentators and journos for some reason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10