Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just a couple of things....
Lodge has made massive mistakes and due to his profile, media has squeezed the lemon dry, which is fine and their job to sell papers.....but I do reckon most of us with a camera in our face at that "wrong moment", we could all be judged fairly strongly in a bad way.
Never would I condone his actions, but the efforts following this "incident" have demonstrated a bloke fighting to turn it around.
I'll be honest about his ability, not as excited as many on here, but he is a big body who rips and tears and this is an area we have lacked badly and his aggression I can only see as a plus.
Can't see anything but a positive signing in relation to "train and trial" and hope he can earn a spot in the 17 and prove to the Manly supporters he is here to give his all and make us a stronger team.
1689235766039.png
z
Firstly let me say that I love that great photo you of and the Shu @maxta .Good job there !

The Lodge past Perspective ..

Lodge has made mistakes like all of us have
All humans are complex beings and all are born with faults and weaknesses
None of us are perfect
Mistakes are all part of our lifes experiences that make us learn and grow
and our greatness is not from ever failing and falling but rising every time we fall
Matt Lodge has come along way from that infamous incident and has risen above that to raise a family of his own and we should all admire and respect how he has achieved that

The issue I have with us signing lodge is not a character issue but a quality player issue
The Roosters that are ruthless about winning premierships let him go because based on his contribution he is not the dominant forward to win a comp . They have replaced him with the more dynamic Spenser Leniu
We all ready have Woods the player that was released by his previous two clubs and now we have another player that is past his premiership winning window standards in Lodge .

When was the last time Mr Penn put ink to paper and signed a big name premiership winning forward just like Uncle Nick the Greek Rooster does ?
Dominant premiership winning forwards like
Onneil , Mal Reilley Ward , Spud , Roberts , Kite , Perry just to name a few
These days Manly signs unwanted players that are past it on incentive cheap contracts like Woods and Lodge .

Aaron Woods is not part of Flanagans rebuild at the Dragons for good reason
and neither is Lodge part of the Roosters

1689238649966.png

Manly is not exactly the "John West" of rugby league.. Any old reject can find a home here these days.

BRONCOS SEAL LODGE’S MANLY MOVE

Manly owner and chair Scott Penn has revealed that a reference from Brisbane chair Karl Morris and a “long conversation” with Matt Lodge convinced him to rubber-stamp the signing of the former Brisbane and Roosters forward for the reminder of the season.

Lodge joined the Sea Eagles this week on a train-and-trial contract, having been told he was free to leave by the Roosters after a turbulent time at the club. He will play for Manly’s feeder side Blacktown this weekend as he looks to push for a return to first grade.

Penn insists Manly did their due diligence and confirmed that he had personally spoken to Lodge to ensure he was the best fit for the Sea Eagles.

“I wanted to have a chat to him before we took it any further,” Penn told Sport Confidential.

“It was really important that we are really focused on our culture and where we are heading as a club. We are absolutely focused on winning premierships.

“We need to make sure everyone coming to the club meets our culture. In pretty quick time it was clear he could add a lot of value.

“He is a super-smart guy. It was an enjoyable conversation because it wasn’t just about football. A lot of it was around his family and how passionate he is about his family.

“We want more leaders on and off the field within the club. There is an opportunity for him to cement himself in a real leadership position within the club.”

Lodge has only signed with Manly for the reminder of this season but Penn’s comments suggest he could secure a longer deal should he stand up over the coming months.

Penn insists the club conducted background research on Lodge given the nature of his departures from Brisbane, the Warriors and the Roosters — his exit from the Roosters was particularly acrimonious.

“We made sure we did due diligence,” Penn said.

“Things happen for a reason and as we know, there are always a number of sides to a story. The reality is with Matthew things have happened to him — some things he is not proud of but he has owned them and moved on.

“Ultimately, that is what we needed to hear. The good positive thing is he lives in the area, his kids go to school here and his eldest plays for the Mona Vale Raiders.

“We’re serious about what we want to achieve but we are also serious about our culture. So it had to be the right fit.”

Nrl Confidential in the tele.
Does Penn have a toilet roll holder attached to his chin ? He would need it as every time I hear or read comments from him, **** dribbles from his mouth

He sacks and talks down about club legends, and now tells us Lodge is a good bloke

Matt Lodge signed because we need some leaders, good grief

Does Penn have a toilet roll holder attached to his chin ? He would need it as every time I hear or read comments from him, **** dribbles from his mouth

He sacks and talks down about club legends, and now tells us Lodge is a good bloke

Matt Lodge signed because we need some leaders, good grief
My favourite line from Penn was this one: "The reality is with Matthew things have happened to him…" Not because of him or even around him, but to him. Because Lodge, good bloke/family man/team player that he is, is just a victim of circumstance.

When Penn gets involved in anything, it doesn't end well. So the chances of Lodge going down in flames have just increased exponentially.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11