Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Lodge stood up when it counted for us. His efforts in the middle were as good as I have seen a Manly forward (on debut) for a long time. If he continues like this for us, he will be a must to sign up for a long-term contract. He's only 28, so signing him up on a three-year deal would make a lot of sense.

His first run in Manly Jersey yesterday and he is exactly what we need. Big bustling forward, no nonsense, dominant and good defensively. As much as I don't like his past, we really need him in our team, especially now that Paseka and Aloiai are injured.
And boy do we need him now, virtually taking over from Paseka now. What a shame, imagine Lodge and Paseka as starting props against Saints, they'd split em right down the centre for DCE and Schuster to exploit.

And boy do we need him now, virtually taking over from Paseka now. What a shame, imagine Lodge and Paseka as starting props against Saints, they'd split em right down the centre for DCE and Schuster to exploit.
Agree. Such a bugger that Paseka is out. Hopefully it’s just for a couple of weeks (I know, optimistic) and they can both start at some point soon.

One step at a time... he was excellent yesterday but we don't want to be like the last few clubs who ended up paying him to play elsewhere.
Given his past and I’m not talking about his away from footy activities,not many clubs are knocking on his door for his services.So if Manly are keen for him,I’d only be signing him on one year at a time contracts .His history suggests he doesn’t see them out,so rather than having another players contract hindering the clubs progress,this is the best option

I can see how that would be the commonsense approach to his prospective signing for us @Nordburg However, I also think he could turn out to be one of the more astute signings we have made for some years. I'm prepared to say we should go all in and sign him for three years with a club option for the third year.

Given his past and I’m not talking about his away from footy activities,not many clubs are knocking on his door for his services.So if Manly are keen for him,I’d only be signing him on one year at a time contracts .His history suggests he doesn’t see them out,so rather than having another players contract hindering the clubs progress,this is the best option
It’s a pretty valid point and theres always smart middle ground available, your right about his contract past and the likely hood of other clubs chasing his service.

A couple of things spring to mind, signing him for a year and he has a strong season, might have to pay overs to keep him, or perhaps not be able to justify keeping him, due to higher offers. Lodge himself would most likely prefer some security in relation to a suitable contract offer, ie term.

Solution, table the appropriate offer, perhaps a 3 year deal constructed as a 1x1x1 with the options in the clubs favour, seems pretty simple, based on yesterday he can definitely add to our side, I still want to see him do it week in week out for the remainder of the season first before any offer is tabled.

Not all will be happy , but as I’ve said a few times , “ love him or hate him but he’s exactly what we need “.

I’ve been banging on for two years or more now about how we need a nonsense, damaging prop!

He’s here , embrace it !!

Not all will be happy , but as I’ve said a few times , “ love him or hate him but he’s exactly what we need “.

I’ve been banging on for two years or more now about how we need a nonsense, damaging prop!

He’s here , embrace it !!
Such a shame we wont see him playing alongside Tent, who was our most damaging forward until his injury. I have no doubt that a fully fit Manly pack is as strong, with ball in hand, as any in the NRL. But with bulk comes weakness when defending for long periods, and we are vulnerable when we don't dominate possession. Yesterday's match was a perfect example.
The best packs have a combination of power and mobility.
For that reason I would like to see our pack contain both Bully and Madison. Bully to replace Kelma, who is ineffective, and Madison at lock, with Jubo returning to his natural position as prop.

Kelma has looked real good since coming back from injury and he has shown real intent in defence. I'd like to see Bully in our front row rotation now that Alaoio and Paseka are injured. Bench selections and use are crucial in the fast modern game.

Seibold is the only bloke dumb enough to sign him twice, so probably a 7 year deal incoming

Lodge played an excellent game for us yesterday @Kiwi Eagle I thought he also showed some real leadership for the pack. If he continues to play the role he played for the club yesterday, I will support him like every other Manly player. The club has made the call to sign him on a train and trial contract. If they make another call to sign him on a long-term contract, I will support the club's decision. Go Manly.
Seven years might be a bit of a stretch though. @;)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10