Manly vs Parra Rd 7 Pre Game Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
By this time next week this forum will be a completely different place. All our players will be brilliant again and we will be on track to win the premiership.
You do know a few said that to me last week?:devil:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
By this time next week this forum will be a completely different place. All our players will be brilliant again and we will be on track to win the premiership.

Or it will be like 3 days after the Hiroshima bomb went off , total carnage!!

Can you imagine we got bested by a top 4 side last weekend and if we get bested by the team running dead last this week then,

God help us!!

Tomay

Bencher

Can you imagine we got bested by a top 4 side last weekend and if we get bested by the team running dead last this week then,

God help us!!

We will be April wooden spooners and our whole team will be not up to reserve grade standard, especially DCE who deserves to be hated!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

God help us!!
The mighty Sea eagles club has a very proud history. We have high standards to live up to . Mediocre play is not acceptable . The supporters last Sunday made a statement by booing our team .
Round 6 is over and a quarter of the season is gone . Hope though is not gone if we learn from our defeats and take appropriate action to find solutions to our issues on and off the field .

Bencher
It's just possible, the directive will be to give us a break, to make the game a testing balance, then blow Manly away in the last 20 mins. A couple of 4 or 5th tackle penalties, and a 10 minute sinbin should do it.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member

God help us!!
Even though I'm a ST addict I might try to stay away if we lose. The negativity was overwhelming, myself included as I'm guilty of a new coach thread.
I'd actually rather be playing anyone else than parra. Remember the NRL need parra to be successful.:wasntme: Not us.
Todd probably sat the refs down and played them the ref highlights from Manly/Tigers match as a guide for the upcoming game, and then took them to the strip club in Gladstone.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Eels v Sea Eagles: Mass changes for Parramatta
Author
Tim Keeble

Ironic as it may seem, the last-placed Eels will probably feel very good about their chances of notching their first win of the season against a Manly side that was booed off their home ground in last week's 38-12 thrashing from the Tigers.

Parramatta appeared to make progress in a tough round five loss to the Panthers, but they were never really in the hunt in last week's 18-2 road loss to the Raiders and slipped to 0-6 for the season. Still, the Eels are at home this week and might finally get a morale-boosting victory.

The Sea Eagles were terrible against the Tigers, falling into a 26-0 hole at half-time. Given that their away record is so poor, they will need a massive form turnaround to overcome a desperate Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Key match-up: Rightly or wrongly, Mitch Moses knows as the halfback that he shoulders a lot of responsibility as the Eels try to turn their season around. He has had a few bright moments but is yet to reach the heights of last season when he was a key ingredient in his team's charge to a top four finish. Moses needs to get back to his best in a hurry and will give himself a big boost if he can out-wit Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans and lead Parra to their first win.

For the Eels to win: Parra needs to come out swinging (figuratively speaking of course) and get some points on the board early. The Sea Eagles are down on confidence and might not have the will to fight back on the road if the Eels show they finally mean business. Avenging a 54-0 thrashing from Manly in round two should also be high on the agenda.

For the Sea Eagles to win: Taking a leaf out of the Raiders' book and paying more attention to defensive detail would be a good place to start. If it wasn't for the 54-0 rout of Parra in round two, Manly's ordinary for and against record would be downright ugly. It's time for the Sea Eagles to start getting their hands dirty.

Eels stat attack: Not that more evidence was needed to prove how bad they're going, but the Eels are last in the NRL in goalkicking at 50 per cent and have scored in double figures just twice in 2018.

Sea Eagles stat attack: Prop Martin Taupau leads the NRL in offloads (23), but on the downside the Sea Eagles are struggling with defensive issues, giving up 118 points in their past four games.

And another thing: The winless Eels should be heartened by the fact they have got the better of Manly (2-4) in six of their past seven clashes. They will be counting on a pro-Eels crowd to spur them on.

Prediction: Eels by 7
Eels: 1 Clint Gutherson, 2 Jarryd Hayne, 3 Michael Jennings, 4 Brad Takairangi, 5 George Jennings, 6 Corey Norman, 7 Mitchell Moses, 8 Kane Evans, 9 Kaysa Pritchard, 10 Tim Mannah (c), 11 Manu Ma'u, 12 Tony Williams, 13 Peni Terepo

Interchange: 14 Will Smith, 15 Kenny Edwards, 16 David Gower, 17 Daniel Alvaro

Reserves: 18 Beau Scott, 19 Josh Hoffman, 20 Suaia Matagi, 21 Marata Niukore

Jarryd Hayne (quad) returns on the wing with Bevan French (shoulder) sidelined. Brad Takairangi (fractured eye socket) makes a surprise early return at centre with Kirisome Auva'a (ribs) also out. Kane Evans starts at prop and Peni Terepo shifts to lock with Tepai Moeroa (concussion) also out. Will Smith and David Gower are back on the bench with Beau Scott dropped to the reserves.

Sea Eagles: 1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Brad Parker, 3 Dylan Walker, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Lachlan Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Apisai Koroisau, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Jack Gosiewski, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Matthew Wright, 15 Shaun Lane, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Taniela Paseka

Reserves: 18 Jonathan Wright, 19 Lewis Brown, 20 Frank Winterstein, 21 Toafofoa Sipley

Manly are unchanged from their last-start loss to Wests Tigers.

Head-to-head: Played 138; Sea Eagles 83 wins; Eels 51 wins; 4 draws

Matches at venue: First game between these teams at ANZ Stadium

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Eels by 7 in that article.

Could be that close but I doubt it , one of the sides will skip away and win it in a canter.

This will either be an absolute flogging or the complete reverse.

And not even Nostradamus knows which one will deliver what!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Could be that close but I doubt it , one of the sides will skip away and win it in a canter.

How can it be a flogging when both teams are down in confidence and cohesion ?

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

Wow... 54-0 a few weeks ago and now the Eels are favourites even though they haven’t won a game. I guess it shows how much many think Manly have imploded in a major way.

Bencher
Last week, we had diabolical luck. From kick off, we had them pinned, then a late in their set penalty saw them with a fresh set of six, and they scored. 2 more penalties, and they scored twice more. From there, we were gassed, and playing catch up all game.

I'm hoping for a better start from the Eagles, Manly to grab the first win against the Eels at ANZ by 14pts.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wow... 54-0 a few weeks ago and now the Eels are favourites even though they haven’t won a game. I guess it shows how much many think Manly have imploded in a major way.

Bookies have us favourites.

I think even with our “ outs” we are better than the Eels but you have to wonder at the head space after last weeks loss and the week from hell!

niccipops

Premium Member
Manly should take a leaf from the Tigers.
If we control the ball as well as the tigers did against us AND get repeat sets, we will beat the Eels easy.
I actually think the tigers managed to outsmart the refs. I saw two play the balls where no foot contact was made but the action was so fast with the whole team moving up as one. It was a clever tactic by Cleary.
No way it would work for us. We'd be pinged for sure.
The tigers game was terrible for us. But the more you think about what actually happened, a period of 15 minutes without the ball and consistent tigers penalties. That period did us in. It set the tone for the match and then Manly were their own worst enemies.
Manly have to swarm Hayne, not let him run like they did with Brooks and Marshall. Don't speculate just tackle the w@nker.

niccipops

Premium Member
Can't help but wonder what quality of stripper will be working the Sunday afternoon shift around ANZ stadium…
Lol.
Plenty to choose from in Sydney. Win, lose or draw the coach needs to get them on the bus and get them out of there ASAP.
No more scandals!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Much like the result of the game the Hayne Planes inclusion and his performance could be toss if the coin stuff!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13