Manly vs Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Welcome aboard Guzzler

It is always great to hear from legitimate opposition fans. I get the same feeling about the dogs as I did St George the year they bombed out of the comp

A great season, well deserved minor prems, but might lack some experience in key positions (7,6 and 1) which could hold them back this year. As for next year i would look out....if you can get past us...also you will be hit my State of O more next year than this

lsz said:
Welcome aboard Guzzler

It is always great to hear from legitimate opposition fans. I get the same feeling about the dogs as I did St George the year they bombed out of the comp

A great season, well deserved minor prems, but might lack some experience in key positions (7,6 and 1) which could hold them back this year. As for next year i would look out....if you can get past us...also you will be hit my State of O more next year than this

Thanks mate, No trolling I promise well maybe a little if we happen to win.

Speaking with my old man (dogs supporter since the 50's) yesterday over an ale and he's like me would be disappointed if we don't win the lot but are still happy to not only make the 8 but to finish on top considering how ordinary we have been the past couple of years.

The best team in the lead-up rounds does not always win the GF. I still get disappointed when I refelct on the GF in 92/93? when Manly was the standout team all year, got through to the GF easily and almost everybody thought we were certainties, only to get beaten by The Berries who, I think, had come from 6th spot.
We owe the Berries one for that.

95 Who?

Yep guzzler I remember the years when we started to scrape into the finals after years in the wilderness - there was a certain happiness with just getting there (which we then built on each year until our first GF win)

Guzzler said:
lsz said:
Welcome aboard Guzzler

Thanks mate, No trolling I promise well maybe a little if we happen to win.

Speaking with my old man (dogs supporter since the 50's) yesterday over an ale and he's like me would be disappointed if we don't win the lot but are still happy to not only make the 8 but to finish on top considering how ordinary we have been the past couple of years.

The last couple of years guzzler , the dogs have had a team on paper to be more than a bit competitive but sadly lacking direction . This year with the addition of James Graham , Krisnan Inu and Sam Perret and of course the coaching of Des Hasler we have seen the rise and rise of nearly our whole squad . Don't like this talk that we are a 1 man team behind Ben Barba at all . Im telling you mate this team is something else , like no other dogs team I have seen , sure the 2004 squad were great , but they were star studded , with Sonney Bill and Thurston on the bench . This team has purpose .

Berkeley_Eagle said:
barrack o barba said:
lsz said:
That is the Des affect

How on gods earth could you let this man go ??

What do you guys think of the Manly board ?

$1 million dollars a season that's why he went

Well , he has won you guys 2 grand finals and I guess that is market value for a coach of that calibre , Im hearing big offers being put out for Craig Bellamy , like 1.4 mil a season . Im not sure he is on a million a year , Kevin Moore was on 400k

barrack o barba said:
lsz said:
That is the Des affect

How on gods earth could you let this man go ??

What do you guys think of the Manly board ?

I love the board, they keep on fighting and the team keeps on winning. I will sh1t myself if/when they all kiss and make up, as it may be the besinning of a Dog's like run of sweet bugger all(except contesting the minor premiership).

The Bulldogs board is the best in the business and has managed to buy a completely new team since 2008. In that time they got pipped for the minor premiership in 2010 before winning it this year. The Manly board has been imitating the GAZA strip in the same time frame and we have contested 3 GF and won 2.

I congratulate the Bulldogs board on being the best in the game since 2008......Well done it is a great achievement!

Barrack unlike most on here I do not think it was only a money based decision

Yes that may have resulted in the final push however the dysfunctional nature of our board had to have an impact. The endless back stabbing, leaks to serve which ever agenda is apparent would cause anyone angst especially a control freak like Des

In the end we would have loved to keep him but are very lucky to have a good one on the shelf in Toovs

lsz said:

Yes that may have resulted in the final push however the dysfunctional nature of our board had to have an impact. The endless back stabbing, leaks to serve which ever agenda is apparent would cause anyone angst especially a control freak like Des

In the end we would have loved to keep him but are very lucky to have a good one on the shelf in Toovs

Funny , I have only heard the phrase ' control freak ' from Crookvale never in Belmore . When he a Greenballs came together , cards were laid on the table and they went from there . I had a conversation with the chairman from the board and to say they are happy with him is the understatement of the world . Have even read posts from other fans saying they hate the bulldogs less noe Des has taken the reins .

barrack o barba said:
lsz said:

Funny , I have only heard the phrase ' control freak ' from Crookvale never in Belmore . When he a Greenballs came together , cards were laid on the table and they went from there . I had a conversation with the chairman from the board and to say they are happy with him is the understatement of the world . Have even read posts from other fans saying they hate the bulldogs less noe Des has taken the reins .

It's great for your club that you signed Des. It actually gives you guys something to celebrate....I'm happy for you. Maybe you could erect a statue of him and Greenballs outside the ground you share with several other teams. A statue with the JJ Giltinan shield in one hand, and a kebab in the other.

barrack o barba said:
lsz said:

It was in 2009 that you just missed out on the minor premiership,robbed actually as you lost a game against the Dragons with a very bad referee's decision. I would say that your board would have been ecstatic with Kevin Moore at the time, but it didn't take too long to shaft him, and he was one of yours. As a matter of fact, apart from Anderson, you have shafted every coach you have had over the past 25 years.

barrack o barba said:
lsz said:

didnt scumdes come to your club and started telling that he needs this & that and "that his door is always open but come prepared" ! i read an article a few weeks ago ''greenturd saying that i was hesitate at the beginning to supply him with his demands but now its all worth it....''

the big part of helping des leave wasnt just the money he was getting paid but knowing that the scumdogs club has alot of money and there would never be a problem to supply des the newest technoloy , equipment etc with what he wants to help his self made legend get results and his job easier....a boat is as good as its oars
thats why he needed to buy players mid season to help him get where he is
the bulldogs roster is no where near low class , love to see him coach with a less balanced team..... also lets not forget he took the other good coaches that help make his job easier... he didnt go to the scumdogs empty he went with coaches and a fiancial promise... i predict he stays at the dogs for at least 7 years

for crying at loud he tried luring foran to the scumdogs by presenting him the full equip gym and swimming pools !!!!! maybe thats what made foran sign with a real club

To clear up any confusion, Cat 3 is GA for #NRLCbyMan. Here are the Manly bays: Cat 1 (108-111); Cat 2 (112-113); Cat 3 (114-122) #gomanly

Kevinward777 said:
barrack o barba said:
lsz said:

It's great for your club that you signed Des. It actually gives you guys something to celebrate....I'm happy for you. Maybe you could erect a statue of him and Greenballs outside the ground you share with several other teams. A statue with the JJ Giltinan shield in one hand, and a kebab in the other.

Can someone please get this man a kebab and an energy drink

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8