Manly vs Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I expect their media darlings lack big match experience and they will go to water. We will win by 20.

How about this from the telegraph. "The Bulldogs will go into the match with both the home crowd and bragging rights after their win at Brookvale Oval" they neglected to point out that we gave it to them at ANZ in the first match up. I hope they talk the Dogs up all week our guys would thrive on that.

This game is going to have a lot riding on it. Victory will mean the much needed weeks break and then the home prelim against a team that will have played 2 tough finals already. It's a huge advantage to win next week its going to be a great game. I think we need to take the lead in this one. We can't let them get the jump on us because I doubt a Hasler coached team will wilt even under our pressure. We win this game we win the premiership simple as that. We lose it's going to make it very very difficult for us to win it I think.

99.9 Friday night at ANZ, big game and I agree win and we win the GF, but lose and we can still win the GF, will depend on the players heads after a loss,

Mark from Brisbane said:
99.9 Friday night at ANZ, big game and I agree win and we win the GF, but lose and we can still win the GF, will depend on the players heads after a loss,

I was actually looking forward to playing the dogs first up in the semis, I think they will be the easy beats of the top 4 untill last nights game, They finally put a team to the sword, all be it the roosters, But the dogs did look a class above and I cant help but feel they have a few extra gears just like us, I hope when we play the dogs that we dont bash ourselves out of contention for the rest of the finals. we need to win the game but be mindfull of the rest of the games for the big picture of the gf and back to back glory.

159388-nrl-finals-scenario.jpg

Yeah we need to win this week because the Cowboys the following week are dangerous. They have to be the most likely candidates to be the surging team like the Warriors were last year, or the Eels in 09.

Yea prefer to face them now, best result for us this wknd. Our boys'll be up for it & hopefully beat them well, earning a very beneficial week off.
When does the nrl make the official schedule decision for finals wk1 details?
Go Manly Warringah!

The good thing about the match next week is that Brett Stewart is in form, and we are coming into the game on the back of a win instead of a big loss like last time.

I imagine Toovs will be looking at the video of the Dogs v Canberra loss. I can't see where they will win this. Our forwards are hunting well, look at last nights line defense, and our backs are superior. Brett Stewart is in sublime form and the combination of our halves, the Stewart brothers and Lyon will get us home for a good win. The wingers have to maintain shape as that's the only channel I can see as vulnerable.

Just keep doing what we do best: play controlled, aggressive football and give them NOTHING. Present flash-in-a-pan Benny a solid straight line of PAIN every time he returns a kick and neutralise his broken play prowess.

This game will be won with our premiership defense. Simple. Keep them frustrated and our points will come off the back of that.

I haven't looked forward to a game this much for a very long time :)

Matabele said:
Yeah we need to win this week because the Cowboys the following week are dangerous. They have to be the most likely candidates to be the surging team like the Warriors were last year, or the Eels in 09.

They will be playing us in Sydney if we lose, they never play well in Sydney

Kick it straight to Barba and smash the livings out of him. Knock him senseless and the Dogs attack is nulified.Last time we had no Snake and Foz and T rex just back from long injury spells they were at full strength and we gifted them 2 tries. We can handle them and they are the biggest threat to our title defense. Take them out next week and they will struggle.

Even though Doggies supporters are full of confidence deep down they would be sh#tting bricks taking on the Eagles.

Prefer to be in our position than theirs and it's imperative we get the week off as both teams are going to be worst for wear after this match up.

Go Manly

PS. Is it me or does the air this morning smell of footy finals fever ?.

Oneyeagle said:
Even though Doggies supporters are full of confidence deep down they would be sh#tting bricks taking on the Eagles.

Prefer to be in our position than theirs and it's imperative we get the week off as both teams are going to be worst for wear after this match up.

Go Manly

No it's semi final weather definitely. God I love this time of year when we are up there and in the mix. It's the time of year I really miss living in Sydney.

mickqld said:
Oneyeagle said:

Go Manly

No it's semi final weather definitely. God I love this time of year when we are up there and in the mix. It's the time of year I really miss living in Sydney.

Hmmm. In a northerly I can smell the turf lingering from Brookie oval.

But today must be a westerly because ANZ is tickling the nostrils

3 games for 3 wins at ANZ will do me thanks. That's all it gona take now.

This game is giving me the 4th Melbourne vs 5th Manly vibe in 2009, winner will go all the way, loser will bow out in straight sets. Although I know it's a different format and we didn't get a second chance back then, still feels the same.

Daniel anderson on ABC was saying that Des got a bit hot under the collar when he heard it would be the Friday game - he wanted it on Sunday. Trying to work that one out. The dogs have had the same playing schedule as us the last 2 weeks so there'll be no broncos style advantage to either club. Maybe Des, control freak that he is, is showing some anxiety about whether his team is sufficiently ready for the intensive physical battle it will be....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8