Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 15, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Doesn't look good but I havn't given up on this game yet.

Can't possibly be a real Manly supporter to say if we where given 60 points they would catch us.
Can't remember being beaten by 60 points this year.

Thanks for the troll Bob Dylan. Obviously you agree with Mark from Brisbane that we will be beaten by 60 next week. Personally I think we will turn up, try our best and either win or go down fighting.

To be fair....

Tonight we were missing Snake (you know what I mean), Skivy, Killer, DCE, Myles, Walker, BJ, Brown..... Tom is obviously playing injured and we lost Parcell and probably Wright to injury.

And for the record, play like we did tonight and next week will be a massacre.

I know its been reported by one person with knowledge about injuries, that its just basically been bad luck. But from a common sense perspective, anyone who has played sport at any level knows that the fitter and more flexible you are, the less likely you'll suffer injury.

That's not to say being fit stops all injuries, of course it doesnt. But the number of simple injuries Manly players are incurring I suspect are related to fitness. If you are not fit, you tire quicker and when you are tired and try to push yourself, you are much more likely to be unable to avoid situations where you are likely to suffer injury. Further, it also comes down to skill training. The question of how you tackle, how you fall etc, all contribute to the potential for injury.

Take Menzies for example. He was rarely injured because he was always super fit, knew how to tackle effectively and was flexible in his movement. He knew how to avoid situations potentially causing injury.

My impression of this Manly side is that not only are they questionably coached (just a lay opinion that) but they are not sufficiently match fit and that is the fault of the trainers and coach. Hasler, who was a fitness fanatic, knew what was required of himself and his players. How often was Hasler out injured and yet he was a workaholic on the field. So was Toovey.

This Manly side looks to me badly prepared in many ways. They try hard, but they are just not up with the pace.

I know its been reported by one person with knowledge about injuries, that its just basically been bad luck. But from a common sense perspective, anyone who has played sport at any level knows that the fitter and more flexible you are, the less likely you'll suffer injury.

That's not to say being fit stops all injuries, of course it doesnt. But the number of simple injuries Manly players are incurring I suspect are related to fitness. If you are not fit, you tire quicker and when you are tired and try to push yourself, you are much more likely to be unable to avoid situations where you are likely to suffer injury. Further, it also comes down to skill training. The question of how you tackle, how you fall etc, all contribute to the potential for injury.

Take Menzies for example. He was rarely injured because he was always super fit, knew how to tackle effectively and was flexible in his movement. He knew how to avoid situations potentially causing injury.

My impression of this Manly side is that not only are they questionably coached (just a lay opinion that) but they are not sufficiently match fit and that is the fault of the trainers and coach. Hasler, who was a fitness fanatic, knew what was required of himself and his players. How often was Hasler out injured and yet he was a workaholic on the field. So was Toovey.

This Manly side looks to me badly prepared in many ways. They try hard, but they are just not up with the pace.

And you will always get the odd injury through bad luck or whatever. But the other question that has to be asked, are we cutting corners? Are we doing our fitness/rehab drills 100%, and if we should be doing 10 of something are we doing 9?

I know this sounds very pedantic, but I played soccer for many years, and found on the whole the players who prepared professionally, and took no short cuts, generally (there will always horrific exceptions) had fewer injuries.

NYEagle said:
Keep an eye out for Arko he should be there too supporting the Sea Eagles.
At his age, I wonder how his heart can take it seeing this mighty club at its lowest ebb.

NYEagle

You need to read up on your club history

In the words of the great cookie monster:

How about now?

NYEagle

I reckon Tom symonds was dreadful tonight, get rid of him and mateo also ordinary
We've got to get Lewis brown back in the lineup - he'll sort them out in defence, and Jorge will be back soon from injury so he'll nullify the bombs
We're nearly there but we should be right once that's all sorted
And of course make sure you give our most enthusiastic newcomer Liam knight 5 minutes of game time to really build his confidence

FYI.....Knight stayed off because of an ankle injury.

And apparently we were forced to play Brown in the centres. Wright's knee is fvcked but because Barrett had dropped AFB he had to be on the bench and apparently wasn't going to see game time but Parcell's knee injury meant Barrett had no choice. The only other player available was Nathan Green and he couldn't play because he had already played this weekend.
So Wright hurt his knee during warm up or did we take him all the way up there knowing he wouldn't get through the game ? And why did we take Nathan Green with us if he couldn't play ? What was the point of that ? Please tell me we travelled with a fit 18th man who was eligible to play. If not then this place is a bigger shambles than I thought.

What a nightmare...
2 hours drive there....2 hours drive home.
I have been to about 30 Manly games live, winning 60-70%...pretty good.
Have seen every other game with Fox/Austar or the old radio back in the day.
Live really gives a true feel of effort which is great...Well it was, because in the past win or lose ....I generally left the game satisfied that the team had committed & proudly represented Manly, always unified & you could see the belief & felt they could still win....even when the chips were down.
This side has no desire or will to win & it was sad to take my 13 yo son to watch his idols lay down, to such ordinary opposition.....I can cop a loss, but never have I seen a white flag raised with such ease, any time things get tough or the opposition shows any sort of intensity...

So Wright hurt his knee during warm up or did we take him all the way up there knowing he wouldn't get through the game ? And why did we take Nathan Green with us if he couldn't play ? What was the point of that ? Please tell me we travelled with a fit 18th man who was eligible to play. If not then this place is a bigger shambles than I thought.

I'm hoping it was because Wright picked up an injury sometime this afternoon because otherwise its a damn joke.

What a nightmare...
2 hours drive there....2 hours drive home.
I have been to about 30 Manly games live, winning 60-70%...pretty good.
Have seen every other game with Fox/Austar or the old radio back in the day.
Live really gives a true feel of effort which is great...Well it was, because in the past win or lose ....I generally left the game satisfied that the team had committed & proudly represented Manly, always unified & you could see the belief & felt they could still win....even when the chips were down.
This side has no desire or will to win & it was sad to take my 13 yo son to watch his idols lay down, to such ordinary opposition.....I can cop a loss, but never have I seen a white flag raised with such ease, any time things get tough or the opposition shows any sort of intensity...
I heard that virus ran through the Manly squad during the week.
Could that be an explanation for the low energy?
NYEagle :banghead:

I heard that virus ran through the Manly squad during the week.
Could that be an explanation for the low energy?
NYEagle :banghead:
I don't buy it....sad to say it but this team looked short of ideas & not many willing to bang down the door to find it.
A team can be disjointed, lacking direction of key playmakers, but if players push up with intent, opportunities will still arise....especially against that average Titans defence....be surprised if Raiders don't belt them by 30 on Sunday.
The flu, if it was there....was not behind this inept performance tonight.

I don't buy it....sad to say it but this team looked short of ideas & not many willing to bang down the door to find it.
A team can be disjointed, lacking direction of key playmakers, but if players push up with intent, opportunities will still arise....especially against that average Titans defence....be surprised if Raiders don't belt them by 30 on Sunday.
Outside of Jake T, Buhrer and Parcell who all worked their butts there didnt seem to be much out there. It seems like they are picking up the workload of the others who are not putting in.
NYEagle

Outside of Jake T, Buhrer and Parcell who all worked their butts there didnt seem to be much out there. It seems like they are picking up the workload of the others who are not putting in.
NYEagle
Sadly...that's the way it is...actually thought Lussick played tough, not great but at least with passion...though at 1 stage close to taking off a Titans players melon...
Apart from who you listed...only Tom T on 1 leg was there to play.

I just got home from the game ? ... I haven't read any posts yet but god we looked like a team of little boys playing against big men ... Lussick tried all night and was along with Tom T was our best with Vave, Api & Jake next ... Parcell was good until he went off injured ... Will I Am was pretty good Horhay was, well, Jorge ... 1 step forward three steps back and do his feet ever leave the ground ..... Lewis Brown tried hard but really we need to replace Lewis, & Leary ... can't have those two small forwards as well as Buhrer .... & having to play Api & Goddinet together tonight was just asking for their big forwards to run over them which for the most part they did ... Snake ineffective again ... disheartening

"One of the softest tries of the year"
"He didn't run through the hole, he hopped through it. He idled through it"

These quotes should be posted in large font inside the boy's dressing room on every single game day.

Every morning at training they should play the clip where we played the ball to no dummy half, dived on it just before we lost it but wasted a tackle, then knocked on and then when the Titans got the ball we pushed them back into their in goal and conceded a penalty.

It was the worst 30 seconds of rugby league in history.

"One of the softest tries of the year"
"He didn't run through the hole, he hopped through it. He idled through it"

These quotes should be posted in large font inside the boy's dressing room on every single game day.
or copied and pasted into TB's termination letter.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10